PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rolling Stone Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the article , thanks so much, but they dont win court cases we learned the hard way. The NFL and RG do what they want, until someone can beat them. Good article, and accurate.

I just wish it were Hunter Thompson.

The thing about rootless power, power maintained to perpetuate itself, outside any philosophy beyond the exertion of power, is that eventually it destroys whatever allegiance anyone had to the institutions it controls. Their worth as things – things to use or believe in or just recognize as themselves – becomes subordinate to their role in the furtherance of power. Roger Goodell wants you to believe that he acts in the interest of the sanctity of the NFL, but what the NFL actually is annually means increasingly less than the fact that he is in control of it. It is a faithless, rootless control, and nothing will reify that so much as the potential for football fans to start to sympathize a little for, of all people, Tom ****ing Brady.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/tom-brady-sympathy-for-the-devil-20150731#ixzz3hVNyYkGm
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Love the article , thanks so much, but they dont win court cases we learned the hard way. The NFL and RG do what they want, until someone can beat them. Good article, and accurate.

PR doesn't win in court, but Peterson/Rice and the Bounty players do :)

The court case arguing procedure looks strong but public perception is more lasting than Brady getting off on 'procedure' arguments. The more momentum we see against the league the more people will realize the Pats were railroaded, and might even convince Kraft to keep pushing things on his end. I don't know what the end game is there but publishing these e-mails is not a mistake, people inside Gillette are pissed, if the public is suddenly on their side--or at least understanding of their plight--they might be more emboldened to bring action against the league. Long-term, losing the first rounder is far more costly than 4 games from Brady, there's a 99% chance they're gone--hell, it's probably 99.99%--but the more we see stuff like this the more I give it a tiny chance of happening.

Too bad Rolling Stone has lost a ton of credibility over the past year alone. Remember they were the ones who wrote the article that Belichick told Hernandez to get a flop house.
Rolling Stone has been in some serious hot water lately. In addition to the Hernandez thing, they were behind the UVA false rape allegations and, of course, the Jahar Tsarnaev cover.

Last edited:
PR doesn't win in court, but Peterson/Rice and the Bounty players do :)

The court case arguing procedure looks strong but public perception is more lasting than Brady getting off on 'procedure' arguments. The more momentum we see against the league the more people will realize the Pats were railroaded, and might even convince Kraft to keep pushing things on his end. I don't know what the end game is there but publishing these e-mails is not a mistake, people inside Gillette are pissed, if the public is suddenly on their side--or at least understanding of their plight--they might be more emboldened to bring action against the league. Long-term, losing the first rounder is far more costly than 4 games from Brady, there's a 99% chance they're gone--hell, it's probably 99.99%--but the more we see stuff like this the more I give it a tiny chance of happening.

Yeah, just remeber the very few that hit the truth of what was said in BG, and RG power problems. Gave us so much hope, and we saw it as fact sometimes, that someone rationally had to listen to. That never happend.

I'm glad it's in a national magazine, but **** Rolling Stone. They get no clicks from me.

But clicking on a Pro Brady article isn't a bad thing. By the way it's pretty good a quite funny.

A little excerpt to enjoy,

Tom Brady is easily one of the most aggressively unsympathetic people imaginable. He dumped an extraordinarily beautiful actress and married arguably the most famous supermodel in the world. His house looks as large as Charles Foster Kane's Xanadu, and it looks as tasteful as Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu. He dreamed of one day of being like his idol – who won four Super Bowls – got the same job as his idol, then won four super Bowls. That's not like dreaming of one day becoming an astronaut and then becoming an astronaut: that's like dreaming of becoming the first male astronaut to be in a reverse gang bang in space, then blasting off into 69 redheaded Soviet cosmonauts in a rocket modeled after your own penis. He could drag a team to a 9-7 record at age 45, and he will beat your team that season. Twice, if yours is the Jets. He models Uggs, for f*** sakes. On top of all that, the prick is also good-looking.

Edit: JUST beat me to it. :)

This was really funny, IMO, albeit crude:

Tom Brady is easily one of the most aggressively unsympathetic people imaginable. He dumped an extraordinarily beautiful actress and married arguably the most famous supermodel in the world. His house looks as large as Charles Foster Kane's Xanadu, and it looks as tasteful as Olivia Newton-John's Xanadu. He dreamed of one day of being like his idol – who won four Super Bowls – got the same job as his idol, then won four super Bowls. That's not like dreaming of one day becoming an astronaut and then becoming an astronaut: that's like dreaming of becoming the first male astronaut to be in a reverse gang bang in space, then blasting off into 69 redheaded Soviet cosmonauts in a rocket modeled after your own penis. He could drag a team to a 9-7 record at age 45, and he will beat your team that season. Twice, if yours is the Jets. He models Uggs, for ****'s sakes. On top of all that, the prick is also good-looking.

We need more places than Florio to realize that the real story here is corruption and bias within the NFL and their deliberate and obvious steps that they've taken during this whole farce only back that up.

"Tom Brady only has 4 hours to state his case" - refuted by the NFL within 30 minutes.
"11 of 12 balls were significantly deflated" - still not worthy of refutation by the NFL.

That's the real ****ing story here and it's more of a bombshell than anything the dorito dinks had to say.

Yeah, just remeber the very few that hit the truth of what was said in BG, and RG power problems. Gave us so much hope, and we saw it as fact sometimes, that someone rationally had to listen to. That never happend.
See but I didn't follow bountygate that close, I think I'm the type of fan that the NFL has in their back pocket: I love the Pats to death but don't care about the rest of the league, so when I saw anything about bountygate I didn't look beyond the headlines. It took until just recently for me to realize the issues with that investigation, and it was only because the Pats are being similarly railroaded here.

And I think that's the problem: the NFL knows most fans only care their favorite team, if it's not happening to them then they read the headlines. Whether or not this gains real steam will depend on the national media hitting Goodell hard, and that only happened once so far: when we had a tape of Ray Rice hitting his girlfriend inside an elevator. There's no elevator tape here, obviously. Maybe these e-mails gain some traction, but I think the ONLY thing that would get all this out in the open is a suit by Kraft against the league. Small, miniscule chance of that happening but we can hope.

See but I didn't follow bountygate that close, I think I'm the type of fan that the NFL has in their back pocket: I love the Pats to death but don't care about the rest of the league, so when I saw anything about bountygate I didn't look beyond the headlines. It took until just recently for me to realize the issues with that investigation, and it was only because the Pats are being similarly railroaded here.

And I think that's the problem: the NFL knows most fans only care their favorite team, if it's not happening to them then they read the headlines. Whether or not this gains real steam will depend on the national media hitting Goodell hard, and that only happened once so far: when we had a tape of Ray Rice hitting his girlfriend inside an elevator. There's no elevator tape here, obviously. Maybe these e-mails gain some traction, but I think the ONLY thing that would get all this out in the open is a suit by Kraft against the league. Small, miniscule chance of that happening but we can hope.

Yeah its a good point. Didnt help us much then. Ive thought about this alot because most in NO really respect Brady and the team, fans. If Kraft was going to make a true impact.. I think he would have to say...
If Brady does not play then the team wont play..

that would be pretty huge, and the ultimate sign of support.
Benson should have done this, but then they could just move our team to CA or TX because we are small market.

Loved this part

The laws of Goodell World are whatever it wants that day, and its crimes are codified as denial of satisfaction. It wants an investigation, and it wants that investigation tasked with confirming its desires, and then, when the investigation does not satisfy it, it wants the absence of evidence to confirm its convictions. It then wants you to know that it has affirmed the goodness of itself via self-agreement. This is how you shall know the NFL and Goodell World: It Is that It Is.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/tom-brady-sympathy-for-the-devil-20150731#ixzz3hVptoNpK
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

On the latter, the NFL had access to the phones of the equipment personnel Brady supposedly conspired with. Have you ever gotten a text from someone? Have you noticed that their words then show up on your phone?

That's Gold Jerry, Gold.

Could be worse I saw bountygate for the bull crap it was but chose to ignore because after spygate someone else had to deal with it. Shame on me as it came back on us twice as bad now. Berman better save the day.

Cool that a "major" magazine picked it up but it sucks its rs....after all they glorified radical Muslim terrorism with their tsarnaev homage... F them

RS partially redeemed itself by featuring Rush on its cover recently...but they have much more work to do to repair their image.

We need more places than Florio to realize that the real story here is corruption and bias within the NFL and their deliberate and obvious steps that they've taken during this whole farce only back that up.

"Tom Brady only has 4 hours to state his case" - INCORRECTLY refuted by the NFL within 30 minutes.
"11 of 12 balls were significantly deflated" - still not worthy of refutation by the NFL.

That's the real ****ing story here and it's more of a bombshell than anything the dorito dinks had to say.

Fixed it for you. NFL refuted it and Schefter supplied the memo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back