PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rohan Davey likely to be cut...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jct

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Shadow roster candidate

At least he's familiar with the system. Not the worst idea in the event of a total disaster emergency.

Last edited:
patsox23 said:
At least he's familiar with the system. Not the worst idea in the event of a total disaster emergency.
The last time I remember seeing him play it didn't look like he was familiar with the system. :D

huskeralk said:
The last time I remember seeing him play it didn't look like he was familiar with the system. :D

He-he...ain't you got that right!

patsox23 said:
It's not a worst idea, it's a non-idea. I did a slo-mo of him in NFLE. About the only thing he can do at an NFL level is hand the ball off to the RB. Routes, timing patterns, avoiding interceptions, and accurate throws are not in his repertoire.

i would much rather get flutie to unretire and take over than bring in davey.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my take: He's a better 3rd/emergency QB than the guy we currently have (Bramlet?) But he'd never be second over Cassel. If we're keeping 2 QBs, then Rohan can forget it. But if BB does want three, he's a better choice than Bramlet, IMO.

I always respected Rohan for his dedicated effort but in the NFL he wasn't a very quarterback. He's big and has a gun but he lacked the combination of skills that sees other QBs lacking such outright physical qualities succeed.

Bramlet may have the right mix of skills to be even better than Davey in a total emergency circumstance. We know for a fact that Davey really can't contribute very much, so why do folks want him back? Think how bad Bramlet would have to be to be worse than the Rohan we know and didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft