PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Kraft and Malcolm Butler's agent have an interesting back and forth (via Boston Globe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week will be telling. If they get "smoked" again then wholesale changes are coming. The road doesn't get any easier either in the coming weeks. This team is at a crisis point and how they respond this week and going forward will dictate who gets let go and who doesn't.
Sorry but 0-2 is not a crisis. Still very early.

Keep in mind the AFC east is a **** show.

Pats could get in with 8-8.

Clearly that is below standard for this franchise.

With that said if Malcolm exhibits bad technique or gets roasted

Sorry but 0-2 is not a crisis. Still very early.

Keep in mind the AFC east is a **** show.

Pats could get in with 8-8.

Clearly that is below standard for this franchise.

With that said if Malcolm exhibits bad technique or gets roasted

Well it is a crisis when you have the likes of McCaffery and the Panthers coming to town and no one to cover him.

It's been hitting me the past day or so. They had a devil of a time with the backs in the SB and I wonder if Coleman hadn't gotten hurt would that have changed things. In the offseason, defensive players get shed left and right and nothing was done to upgrade the LB position. Nothing.

I think that their plan to use Richards as a LB blew up in their faces. Do you know on the 78 yard Hunt TD reception, the rushers were..bear with me...Brown, Branch, Flowers and...Richards. That's borderline criminal to do that.

Well it is a crisis when you have the likes of McCaffery and the Panthers coming to town and no one to cover him.

It's been hitting me the past day or so. They had a devil of a time with the backs in the SB and I wonder if Coleman hadn't gotten hurt would that have changed things. In the offseason, defensive players get shed left and right and nothing was done to upgrade the LB position. Nothing.

I think that their plan to use Richards as a LB blew up in their faces. Do you know on the 78 yard Hunt TD reception, the rushers were..bear with me...Brown, Branch, Flowers and...Richards. That's borderline criminal to do that.
I'm not going to get caught up in shoulda in the SB. Covering elusive RBs has always been a problem for this team.

Richards sucks. He should have been cut.

Of course, if he's playing subpar football, Butler won't be worth much.
If he is playing subpar football maybe Bill just won't want him on the team. He traded Collins for a rather weak price if I recall.

I hate saying that because I have really enjoyed his play for the past two seasons including the Super Bowl. It is very difficult for me to believe he isn't putting in the effort or is distracted. Maybe he has just had a rough couple of games and will bounce back.

Just saying...I don't think his leash is as long as some might think. It wasn't with Collins. He has to turn it around.

He still has trade value and could possibly help fill a need elsewhere on the roster.

If he is playing subpar football maybe Bill just won't want him on the team. He traded Collins for a rather weak price if I recall.

I hate saying that because I have really enjoyed his play for the past two seasons including the Super Bowl. It is very difficult for me to believe he isn't putting in the effort or is distracted. Maybe he has just had a rough couple of games and will bounce back.

Just saying...I don't think his leash is as long as some might think. It wasn't with Collins. He has to turn it around.

He still has trade value and could possibly help fill a need elsewhere on the roster.
Collins was deliberately ignoring his assignments. I don't think Butler is doing that.

Collins was deliberately ignoring his assignments. I don't think Butler is doing that.
So some say, primarily Lombardi. Was that ever truly established? Even coaches had spoken out (Flores) that that was not true. I just think he was underperforming,

Yup.

The question is....Trade block or no?

They may need to use the franchise tag on Jimmy. That could be off the table
Not this year while they could use him. If anyone is getting traded, it's probably Lewis.

So some say, primarily Lombardi. Was that ever truly established? Even coaches had spoken out (Flores) that that was not true. I just think he was underperforming,
Yes.

Flores is lying.

They made him into a platoon player because his performance vs the run had deteriorated as he was not playing his role. He forgot what gap control meant.

He was *****ing at coaches.

He needed to go.

Committed to a high level? Still waiting to see it, he's costing himself a lot of money if his play continues

Other teams panic and become inconsistent and disorganized. BB teams don't.

Last edited:
A "crisis" is being down 28-3 with only a few minutes left in the 3rd quarter of the Super Bowl. Losing in week one is a pimple when you have a date.

Calling 0-2 a crisis with this organization is laughable evidence that some fans have no idea what a crisis looks like.

I want to see what this team does when it actually has a chance to recover from the triple whammy of losing three of the biggest pieces in the Superbowl win in one week and no real chance to rebuild the playbook. An uncharacteristic game was almost guaranteed. I think we recover from this nicely in the end.

As for Butler being "gone" people have been saying that all year so I'll believe it when it happens I guess

Threy aren't going to have a #2. When teams have 2 big receivers, Rowe is #2. One small starter, it's Butler or his replacement 5'9" 5'11". receivers have gotten bigger and they will use 2 big CBs when needed. Years ago they had a former #1 chad Scott who played big receivers almost exclusively. Butler is realy struggling against big ones this year.

It's one game into the season. And Gilmore had a far bigger screwup.

That play was on Mccourty not Gilmore.

That play was on Mccourty not Gilmore.

One thought it was man-to-man. One thought it was zone.

I'm putting my money on Devin McCourty being the clued in one on that.

We all saw the same situation on the bomb TD Chris Hogan caught on him in Buffalo last year.

At least THIS time he learned not to turn around and start gesticulating to his Safety on the field BEFORE the WR crossed the endline.

We all saw the same situation on the bomb TD Chris Hogan caught on him in Buffalo last year.
Yeah but we didn't sign the safety that actually blew that play we signed Gilmore.

Further, when Gilmore makes his turn to the sidelines "to play his zone" please tell me exactly WHO on that play in his zone is he supposed to be covering? The cameraman?

There was no one on the Chiefs lined up outside of his man or even threatening to enter that territory

It was a bizarre brainfart on Gilmore's part.

Last edited:
Yeah but we didn't sign the safety that actually blew that play we signed Gilmore.

Watch the video that I supplied you. Starting at 0:27 - - Collinsworth can't believe it - - there is no one else on the Chiefs anywhere near the zip code......"This has to be the play of Stephon Gilmore, there's nobody else left out there...."

Who in that "zone" is Gilmore covering? The waterboy? Was Bon Jovi on the sideline and he got distracted?

Use your eyes, or get someone who has sight to do it for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST