PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

I know people don't like talking about him (not a huge deal for me) but just imagine if we had Hernandez still. Damn. What an absolute idiot.

Vereen > Hernandez we just need Dopson or Thomkins to step up and replace Gronk!:bricks:

You are a sad little man, aren't you?
Now now....... don't get all pissy at me for calling your statement that losing Gronkowski hits harder than losing Brady idiotic.

Because it was.

Man, you obviously never played football, or you don't know the difference between the thigh and the knee.
The fact that you think a high school level instructional video applies to the NFL pretty much says all we need to know about you.

The tackle was clean and there was no deliberate intent to injure. The desire some in here have to constantly feel persecuted by the league, by the refs, by the opponents, etc, does nothing to change that.

Maybe. I hope you're right. Peterson's case is usually talked about like it's an exception.
Peterson's case is not only talked about like it's an exception, it's also widely believed he had some illegal "assistance" in that recovery. So even if Gronk's injury is identical to Peterson's, that is still no guarantee Gronk is back by September.

That's 100% true... and Ward knows it himself.

That's why he had to go low.

When most Safeties have a 260lbs Tight End running by them, they do the same thing.
+1. If the uniforms on that play were reversed, not a single person in here would be calling it dirty.

Not one.

The fact that you think a high school level instructional video applies to the NFL pretty much says all we need to know about you.

The tackle was clean and there was no deliberate intent to injure. The desire some in here have to constantly feel persecuted by the league, by the refs, by the opponents, etc, does nothing to change that.

It will be changed. Just a matter of time. This is a way bigger issue than the helmet hits IMO. They have to protect the brand.

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

There is nothing wrong with that tackle. Football is a violent game. If you want to eliminate injuries play 2 hand touch with 5 Mississippi on place if an OL.

It will be changed. Just a matter of time. This is a way bigger issue than the helmet hits IMO. They have to protect the brand.

This tackle would have been made the same way 10 years ago. Wards job was to tackle gronk and he did it the best way he could.

I'm not so sure I agree. And let's face it, the NFL didn't just pay out 3/4 billion dollars to ex-players for knee injuries; they did it for head injuries.

I'm not so sure I agree. And let's face it, the NFL didn't just pay out 3/4 billion dollars to ex-players for knee injuries; they did it for head injuries.

Yup. It's guys like Corwin Brown and Junior Seau that are the concern, not someone missing a season and possibly having to walk with a cane when they're 50.

Not diminishing walking with a cane but reading about what Mike Wright went through makes that sound like a breeze and it's why I'm glad the rules are getting shaped the way they are today's bummer notwithstanding.

Yup. It's guys like Corwin Brown and Junior Seau that are the concern, not someone missing a season and possibly having to walk with a cane when they're 50.
This is absolutely true. They would rather have Earl Campbell than Mike Webster.

I've just been sad. All day. The win barely helped.

Possible loss of Gronk is really bad, sorry. I do not like playing teams when their best players are not on the field. Patriots have shown they are very touph this year with injuries, and almost all teams are hurt. I am sure you will be fine.

Worst case scenario - torn acl
Best case scenario - badly bruised knee or impact bruise (i've had a few and all you need with those is rest like any other bruise) and that initial stun where you can't really move it is because of the impact against the knee. Love to hear how Gronk was moving a couple hours after the hit.

If it's the latter he's back for the playoffs guaranteed. The former then surgery and he'll be back for game 1 2014 no question. ACL is not as bad as it seems with modern tech, if Skip Bayless at 60 can have knee surgery and start running marathons not long after it then Gronk will be fine.

Another silver lining if Gronk is out is that he'll have that back and arm at 100% no doubt about it for next season.

Worst case scenario - torn acl
Best case scenario - badly bruised knee (i've had a few and all you need with those is rest like any other bruise)

If it's the latter he's back for the playoffs guaranteed. The former then surgery and he'll be back for game 1 2014 no question. ACL is not as bad as it seems with modern tech, if Skip Bayless at 60 can have knee surgery and start running marathons not long after it then Gronk will be fine.

Another silver lining if Gronk is out is that he'll have that back and arm at 100% no doubt about it for next season.

I keep looking at that hit. And we might miraculously get away without a completely torn acl. I am being extremely optimistic. But with everyone writing him in as gone just doesn't make sense, like how everyone thought we would lose against Denver and today, just something you don't 100% cancel in because there is a little chance
. He never planted his foot so the whole leg and knee moved with the momentum of the hit. And that leg hit his other leg. I am hoping that somehow, someway he isn't hurt bad and makes a return for the playoffs. The silver lining is of he is gone, we have 3 rookies that have real live game reps, in many games and know how to play without gronk on the field. So we aren't completely screwed if Dobson and KT get healthy. I hope I wake up tomorrow to news that gronk has no ligament damage and could be ready for a playoff run!

I keep looking at that hit. And we might miraculously get away without a completely torn acl. I am being extremely optimistic. But with everyone writing him in as gone just doesn't make sense, like how everyone thought we would lose against Denver and today, just something you don't 100% cancel in because there is a little chance
. He never planted his foot so the whole leg and knee moved with the momentum of the hit. And that leg hit his other leg. I am hoping that somehow, someway he isn't hurt bad and makes a return for the playoffs. The silver lining is of he is gone, we have 3 rookies that have real live game reps, in many games and know how to play without gronk on the field. So we aren't completely screwed if Dobson and KT get healthy. I hope I wake up tomorrow to news that gronk has no ligament damage and could be ready for a playoff run!

Like you just did, if you use logic and not media hysteria where all the headlines are torn acl because a source (who the hell was that person for starts) says so then you can break it down.

His leg was clearly sliding underneath him and you don't tend to get the season enders with those most of the time. I also replayed the video in hd glory and paused when his leg was at the maximum hyper-extension and the angle wasn't that bad at all. I'm telling you i've had a couple of these hits to my knee and after a scan the doc said impact bruise and i was back playing fully within 3 weeks and i felt exactly like Gronk did today when i got hit.

Wish someone could tell me how he was feeling a couple hours after it because that is a big indication of what has happened.

Like you just did, if you use logic and not media hysteria where all the headlines are torn acl because a source (who the hell was that person for starts) says so then you can break it down.

His leg was clearly sliding underneath him and you don't tend to get the season enders with those most of the time. I also replayed the video in hd glory and paused when his leg was at the maximum hyper-extension and it wasn't that bad. I'm telling you i've had a couple of these hits to my knee and after a scan the doc said impact bruise and i was back playing fully within 3 weeks and i felt exactly like Gronk did today when i got hit.

Wish someone could tell me how he was feeling a couple hours after it because that is a big indication of what it was.

Yep. I think that he has a chance its not a torn acl. I guarantee that it felt horrible, but it then comes how does it feel a little later. I truly believe he might not have as much damage as though. If it started feeling better, we could dodge a bullet. Just hope that it somehow isn't torn. We really need the big goof out there.

Yep. I think that he has a chance its not a torn acl. I guarantee that it felt horrible, but it then comes how does it feel a little later. I truly believe he might not have as much damage as though. If it started feeling better, we could dodge a bullet. Just hope that it somehow isn't torn. We really need the big goof out there.

Yeah there are some horror show knee injuries where the lower leg hyper-extends to crazy crazy lengths and that's when you get the tear of every tendon in the knee. My only worry is Gronk may not have a full tear but a partial one which still needs fixing even if it sounds not as bad.

Lindsey Vonn partially re-tore her ACL after tearing it fully not so long ago and she's already penciled in for Sochi so the partial tear isn't as bad it's just whether iafter immediate surgery is done can we get Gronk back for the playoffs where hopefully we have a bye.

Yeah there are some horror show knee injuries where the lower leg hyper-extends to crazy crazy lengths and that's when you get the tear of every tendon in the knee. My only worry is Gronk may not have a full tear but a partial one which still needs fixing even if it sounds not as bad.

Lindsey Vonn partially re-tore her ACL after tearing it fully not so long ago and she's already penciled in for Sochi so the partial tear isn't as bad it's just whether iafter immediate surgery is done can we get Gronk back for the playoffs where hopefully we have a bye.

Yep. I hope its just a partial to a bad bruise and not fully torn. We really need him. We have to get good luck in the injury department soon. Not all this bad luck injuries.

At first I thought I heard him yelling "my neck! my neck!" but turned out to be his knee.

Either way, it really made me sick seeing him yell that and lay there frozen for a good bit. :eek::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes