PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Richard Seymour - was he inactive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly where I'm coming from. The same clowns have been posting the same crap all season long. Heck, with regards to Cassel, it's been since training camp. The team is now 3-1, despite losing Brady, but these clowns are still at it.

It is rather annoying to see the same 5 posters b*tching about Cassel week after week. I may have to finally put some people on my ignore list :rolleyes:

Tell me about it, not one freakin tackle........

Check the stat sheet......Embarrasing for a guy that chirped and moaned about being paid as a top 3 D-lineman. It's really unacceptable, he's totally heathly right now and was going against a pretty average LT.

ESPN - New England vs. San Francisco - Box Score - October 05, 2008

Hey Einstein, they don't play the game on the stat sheet. If you put the sheet down and watch the game you might learn something.

But what part of 199 total yards and three interceptions are you upset with?

Last edited:
Did not even show up on the stat sheet, unbelievable ? Mr. Money talked about how great he was going to be now that he is finally healthy. He owes Bob Kraft alot of money................Highest paid NFL player in 2006, unreal !

Are there any Kool-Aid drinkers who want to even try and justify how invisible this guy was today?

Always has to be someone to nitpick after a win…….. leave that to the coaches during films, how about enjoying the win as a fan:rolleyes:

These clowns infested the game thread today too, I guess being a Pats fan since the 70's gives me a different perspective but cmon, we're 3-1 and Cassels looking better every week.

Ya gotta admit that Game Threads are like spreading fresh seed grain in front of the Chicken Littles. Even before the latest 'Gang of Five' phoney Pats fans arrived here to create stupid thread after stupid thread, there was always mass hysteria in a game thread. Proof of point - look at the hilarity from the Cassandras and critics in the Pats 16-0 season game threads. Guys would quit the thread in disgust at the Pats during a game.

Did not even show up on the stat sheet, unbelievable ? Mr. Money talked about how great he was going to be now that he is finally healthy. He owes Bob Kraft alot of money................Highest paid NFL player in 2006, unreal !

Are there any Kool-Aid drinkers who want to even try and justify how invisible this guy was today?
Furstly..I think you need to learn a bit about football and the D thr Patriots are playing..you seem to ONLY wants stats..and THINK that unless there ARE stats a players is not doing anything. If that is what you believe..fine..many do..

Ya gotta admit that Game Threads are like spreading fresh seed grain in front of the Chicken Littles. Even before the latest 'Gang of Five' phoney Pats fans arrived here to create stupid thread after stupid thread, there was always mass hysteria in a game thread. Proof of point - look at the hilarity from the Cassandras and critics in the Pats 16-0 season game threads. Guys would quit the thread in disgust at the Pats during a game.

Good point!

Can you list the Gang of Five to ensure that I have them id'ed properly please? Thanks! :)

Sorry if this was posted earlier; I came across this on today's Boston Globe (Patriots show their heart in San Francisco - The Boston Globe

---
"I could count my plays that I had out on the field," said defensive end Richard Seymour. "I was like, 'I did that on that play. This is on that play.' Usually, there are so many plays you don't even know what happened, so that's always a good thing when you can remember how many plays you've been out on the field."
----

Sorry if this was posted earlier; I came across this on today's Boston Globe (Patriots show their heart in San Francisco - The Boston Globe

---
"I could count my plays that I had out on the field," said defensive end Richard Seymour. "I was like, 'I did that on that play. This is on that play.' Usually, there are so many plays you don't even know what happened, so that's always a good thing when you can remember how many plays you've been out on the field."
----

Richard didn't play as much as he normally plays due to this newly devised "Speed Package", but he did play alot more than you thought he played. Go back and watch the game like I did last night. On the Niners 2cond TD drive of the game when the went up 14-7, Richard was on the field for the entire drive and he looked unbelievably mediocre, getting turned around 7 yard down field on Gore's runs. I advise to please go back and watch that drive if you have it DVR'd, please.

Look, he's been telling us for a couple of months now that we are all finally going to see the Real Richard Seymour because for the first time in a couple of years he's healthy. He, as we know, is paid as a top 5 D-lineman. People are making excuses for him saying : "Well he's tying up 2 blockers", ah no, he's not tying up 2 blockers, please rewatch this game, he has was mano - mano with ONE O_lineman for most of this game and typically it was the LG because the OLB got the attention of Staley at LT.

I love this team was much as the next guy and I'm not Mr. Negative, but it's frustrating as a fan to hear Richard criticize management and tear up the FO because he felt they weren't paying him his due. As soon as Bob Kraft steps to the plate to meet Richard's demands, he has seemingly lost a bit of hunger and I know he's been dinged, but there are no excuses now, he's healthy.

People have no issues criticizing Maroney about his dancing and prancing in the backfield, what makes Richard Seymour any different? ESPECIALLY when he is making that top 5 DLine cake that he's making. Top 5 salaried DLineman are paid to be "difference makers", see Dwight Freeney, not just to supposedly tie up a couple of blockers, which he's not even doing that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Richard didn't play as much as he normally plays due to this newly devised "Speed Package", but he did play alot more than you thought he played. Go back and watch the game like I did last night. On the Niners 2cond TD drive of the game when the went up 14-7, Richard was on the field for the entire drive and he looked unbelievably mediocre, getting turned around 7 yard down field on Gore's runs. I advise to please go back and watch that drive if you have it DVR'd, please.

Look, he's been telling us for a couple of months now that we are all finally going to see the Real Richard Seymour because for the first time in a couple of years he's healthy. He, as we know, is paid as a top 5 D-lineman. People are making excuses for him saying : "Well he's tying up 2 blockers", ah no, he's not tying up 2 blockers, please rewatch this game, he has was mano - mano with ONE O_lineman for most of this game and typically it was the LG because the OLB got the attention of Staley at LT.

I love this team was much as the next guy and I'm not Mr. Negative, but it's frustrating as a fan to hear Richard criticize management and tear up the FO because he felt they weren't paying him his due. As soon as Bob Kraft steps to the plate to meet Richard's demands, he has seemingly lost a bit of hunger and I know he's been dinged, but there are no excuses now, he's healthy.

People have no issues criticizing Maroney about his dancing and prancing in the backfield, what make Richard Seymour any different ESPECIALLY when he is making that top 5 DLine cake that he's making. Top 5 salaried DLineman are paid to be "difference makers", see Dwight Freeney, not just to supposedly tie up a couple of blockers, which he's not even doing that.

sorry dude, I couldn't watch/record the game because I am in the enemy territory. That's why I posted that BG's post without making any comment.

A healthy criticism improves knowledge and understanding and I agree with a lot of your last three paragraphs in which you make some general points; in terms of specifics as it had to do with yesterday's game, I will let experts who watched the game respond to your queries.

Believe it or not, my personal impression on Seymour turned negative when he stomped with his cleats on a Colts guy a few years back and didn't bother to apologize. But, I am not letting that get in my way of evaluating his play. Since I didn't watch the game and I think his record (on the field) is far more impressive than say Maroney's, I am prepared to wait for a few more games before I question what he brings to the table.

For what its worth, I believe that his contract extension is the first time that the Pats agreed for a four-year extension as opposed to a typical five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News