PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex to BB: "You're getting my very best"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hire Ryan as a defensive consultant. It wouldn't shock me another perspective or voice in the room.
No thanks. Not sure why you would want arguably the GOAT coach to be listening to a guy who just ruined a franchise.

Rex is just being Rex.

I hope the Pats pass all over the Jets this week, to the tune of another four-touchdown victory. Then we'd just be an improbable Bengals win away from not even having to care about the Bills game.

Pathetic.

Just curious, did you read what Ryan actually said? He heaped praise on Belichick, described him as a first-ballot Hall of Famer who does a tremendous job preparing his team, and talked about embracing the opportunity to go up against such a formidable foe and give it all he's got.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-je...g-kisser-but-he-respect-bill-belichicks-rings

No silly boasts, no pumping up his players or getting a goddamn snack, nothing but respect and and a suitable professional competitiveness. Freaky, really. I hardly recognized him.

None of us like Rex, but he's not a bad coach. He's being screwed by management and sometimes his false bravado clouds his judgement to be impartial. I love the way he uses his secondary and LBs in pass rush situations. If he wants to be successful, he needs to go somewhere where management and him are on the same page in terms of roster management and coaching philosophy. He needs to seperate himself a bit from the players so he can make decisions that are best for the team.

None of us like Rex, but he's not a bad coach. He's being screwed by management and sometimes his false bravado clouds his judgement to be impartial. I love the way he uses his secondary and LBs in pass rush situations. If he wants to be successful, he needs to go somewhere where management and him are on the same page in terms of roster management and coaching philosophy. He needs to seperate himself a bit from the players so he can make decisions that are best for the team.
He is exactly that, a bad coach. What does he do well? His offenses are inept, he ruins every QB he touches, he drafts poorly, he's under .500 for his career, and his defenses have been bad for the last four years.

The guy lives off of having had success several years ago with stacked defenses that were put together by someone else.

All we've heard is that it's the fault of Tanny/Schotty/Idzik/Marty/Woody. It's amazing.

He is exactly that, a bad coach. What does he do well? His offenses are inept, he ruins every QB he touches, he drafts poorly, he's under .500 for his career, and his defenses have been bad for the last four years.

The guy lives off of having had success several years ago with stacked defenses that were put together by someone else.

He's not BB, but he can coach a defense, he's better than half the coaches in the league.

He's not BB, but he can coach a defense, he's better than half the coaches in the league.
Again, what is this based on?

Rex IMHO is the defensive version of maybe Charlie Weis. Good X's and O's guy on his side of the ball, but you don't want him buying the groceries.

They are #6 this year in defense with a secondary that Idzik obliterated.
They're #24 in points allowed, and the three previous years were 19, 20, and 19.

can he stop a nor eastern from coming up on sunday and change his QB and Cbs?

They're #24 in points allowed, and the three previous years were 19, 20, and 19.

I agree, Rex is not god's gift to coaching, he doesn't manage his team in all aspects (offense/defense/ST) and one has to question his role in the offense. I do believe that he is better than half the coaches in the league and that Idzik has not built a team that fits Ryan's strategy. 5 years ago he was overrated and now he is underrated (if that makes sense)

I think the Jets have been giving opposing teams their best all year. Hence why I think it must suck to be a Jets' fan because there is no hope.

No thanks. Not sure why you would want arguably the GOAT coach to be listening to a guy who just ruined a franchise.

Well, wouldn't BB be listening to Rex as a DC and not as a HC who just ruined a franchise?

Considering Rex's D is now very familar with us and has given more problems to our O than any other team (I will never forget how they came home and beat us during the playoffs a few years back - inspite of us having a bye-week and Rex pathetically taunting Brady in the PC), I thought BB would listen to an ex-opponent's view of our O's flaws.

Well, at least he saved his VERY BEST for something meaningful.
Yeah, who knew he was just messing around all those other times?

I agree, Rex is not god's gift to coaching, he doesn't manage his team in all aspects (offense/defense/ST) and one has to question his role in the offense. I do believe that he is better than half the coaches in the league and that Idzik has not built a team that fits Ryan's strategy. 5 years ago he was overrated and now he is underrated (if that makes sense)

If he's only a good DC when he has wildly talented personnel (that front seven is really good, by the way), he's not a good DC.

**** LeBeau throws a good defense out almost every year (not this one), regardless of who he has. Because he can coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back