PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan's headset problems due to dead batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
As amusing as this is, especially the fact that no one on the Bills staff told Rex to either downplay or not to mention the issue since it was their own fault, some of the comments on the PFT article make me thing I need to understand the NFL's process better.

We've all heard that the NFL controls the radio frequencies and any issues and resolutions are handled by the league. I have to assume whatever equipment the league uses for these communication is supplied by the league, so are they also supplying the headsets? If so, why is it up to the teams to check the batteries in the headsets. Wouldn't it make more sense for the league employees to check that before they give them to the teams? If the teams supply the headsets, doesn't that leave the door open for potential tampering by teams? On a less sinister level, it also raises the possibility that the league could upgrade their software or equipment and that might cause issues with some headsets. I'm sure they would let every team know about this, but there's always a chance some team just assumes they are okay or maybe they use an older headset that the coaches prefer. This seems like one of those things where every aspect of this should be controlled by the league: They set up the comm system and deliver the headsets in working order before each game. Any issues come up, they fix it.

That sums up perfectly the Rex Ryan model of preparedness. Can you image a BB team or any competent team that wouldn't have backups just in case...
Not the Bills because they didn't think of it..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes