PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rex Ryan yells "F*** You" to head ref after game, suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd and 46...LOL. I don't think I've ever seen THAT one before! Only the Jests! :p And Rex Ryan drops an F-bomb?? I'm shocked to hear that...SHOCKED I tell you!!!

IIRC, Richie Incognito got an offsides, then back-to-back personal fouls for spitting/shoving all during one play. He was THIS close to being ejected, and ended up GIVING the other team 35 yards of the field on a 3rd down play. This was, I believe, 2010 or 2011 with Miami. I may be wrong here, but that stands out it my mind as something that actually happened. They MIGHT have been playing Dallas, but that parts a little more fuzzy.

IIRC, Richie Incognito got an offsides, then back-to-back personal fouls for spitting/shoving all during one play. He was THIS close to being ejected, and ended up GIVING the other team 35 yards of the field on a 3rd down play. This was, I believe, 2010 or 2011 with Miami. I may be wrong here, but that stands out it my mind as something that actually happened. They MIGHT have been playing Dallas, but that parts a little more fuzzy.

Not quite as funny as Bart Scott getting 30 yards against the Pats in 2007. ;)

$100k for a four-letter word at Met Life after a win. Rex ought to hire a lawyer and sue the NFL and the Commissioner for violating his First Amendment rights.

Roger Goodell's defense attorneys would not be able to assemble a jury in the state of New Jersey or New York that would find for the NFL.

Seriously. I've been down to the Meadowlands twice to see a Jets - Patriots game, and it was a requirement for admission to say "F#&! You!" to somebody. If you didn't, security took you out in the parking lot, egged your car, and beat the crap out of you. Hell, when you ordered two beers, the concession guy would look at your license, say "F#&! You! That'll be sixteen dollars." He didn't get fined.

Rex Ryan is being discriminated against and his rights are being trampled. My God, this country is going soft.
Wrecks should be discriminated against on a regular basis just for being himself. I'm glad he was fined $100k. He should've been fined 10 times that after it went public that he was pimping his wife out on an Internet perv site.

Wonder if a guy who makes about 3 million a year feels the impact of a 100K fine??

Is that kind of like a parking ticket to most of us??

Seems harsh until read here he is a 3x offender. At some point more than just requiring an "I'm sorry" is needed to get his attention.

Wonder if a guy who makes about 3 million a year feels the impact of a 100K fine??

Is that kind of like a parking ticket to most of us??
I don't know, but 100k is 1/30 of 3M. SO, IF I'm making 60k and I get fined 2k, it still stings, at least to me.

I don't know, but 100k is 1/30 of 3M. SO, IF I'm making 60k and I get fined 2k, it still stings, at least to me.

But after taxes (make that New Jersey taxes), he probably takes home half so it's really 1/15th of 1.5M. That's a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3