PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Signs with NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RapSheet: The #Jets are the clear leader for the services of Antonio Cromartie, and the expectation is he signs there. Revis the recruiter.

All of a sudden the JEST defense is back to elite status.

Kinda glad Ryan ain't coaching them though.

I can't wait to hear what the Pats "leak" to Reiss/Schefter for damage control. Also, what the F is plan B? Trade for Darius Butler? Ras I Dowling available? Terrence Wheatley's a free agent.....:mad:

You hear it all the time. "It's a business". Because it is. This is a league where you'll be traded or cut with zero empathy from owners and GMs. Revis tore his ACL and bet on himself the last few seasons... now it's paid off. Good for him.
Considering what just happened to Wilfork, people don't seem to think that Revis saw that as a reminder of this being a business, and to leave emotions out of the equation, not that I am saying Wilfork's option should have been picked up, but I can't then in the other hand say that Revis should have taken less money and less guaranteed cash to come back to a winner.

A point of consideration, is there a reason the title of this thread doesn't have rat, tampering, garbage bastards instead of NYJ?

Maybe he sees it as nearly $20 million a year for 2 years????
I think it is almost certain that he will look for a new deal after 2 years. His uncle is running for the NFLPA office with the campaign to redo the CBA.
I think pats' viewed the third year guarantee money as throwaway because they would've been held hostage in a holdout- I would assume that's why they wanted the third year guarantee as a team option.

Mehta: Jets better with Revis, but his glory days are over

Well, that didn't take long.

Nothing shocking here, but the doubters are out in Jet-land and the contract gets linked to Revis' decline. Big games lurk on the Jets' schedule as they compete for a playoff spot. Revis will be challenged to show he's still got it after the concussion.

Nothing shocking here, but the doubters are out in Jet-land and the contract gets linked to Revis' decline. Big games lurk on the Jets' schedule as they compete for a playoff spot. Revis will be challenged to show he's still got it after the concussion.
It's kinda strange when you're happy with Butler and Ryan at a fraction of the cost of Revis.

Someone get Mehta some tissues ....
r265603_1110214.jpg

He's still one of the better corners in this league but he's no longer the Revis of 2008-2010. The Jets will have to give him more help against some of the better receivers in the league, going forward. I watched the Houston game and he was straight up abused when he was left on an island with Hopkins. The Revis of five years ago would have completely shut him down one on one. Whatever, though. He got his money and the Pats got a Super Bowl ring. Now he's going to go on to much better things... such as hamstringing the Jets salary cap with elite quarterback money. Thank you for everything, Darrelle.

Time wounds all heels....
(and no, I don't really think Revis is a heel. I am just trying to be funny)

I watched the Houston game and he was straight up abused when he was left on an island with Hopkins. The Revis of five years ago would have completely shut him down one on one.

He was never fast but he has lost some quickness. You could see it when he went man with Hopkins. He looked like he knew what Hopkins was going to do but couldn't react in time.

Champ bailey has always been the hope for Revis long term, but bailey was definitely the more athletic of the two.

It's going to be really interesting how years 2-4 go for him. His technique is flawless, but if he loses a half step, that doesn't mean much

He was never fast but he has lost some quickness. You could see it when he went man with Hopkins. He looked like he knew what Hopkins was going to do but couldn't react in time.
When he got hurt he was holding his shoulder, no way I thought it was a concussion. But he looked like a guy who was relieved that he had to go out no matter what was wrong. Time comes calling for us all.

In didn't realize that Revis had 4 "head trauma incidences" in the last 39 months

That's starting to approach scary territory, ala Wes Welker

We all know how much Revis loves his money, but I hope thinks about his long-term future if he continues to get concussions.

I think that people really underrate Revis speed. He ran a 4.38 40 dash at the combine, that's not slow. That's a pretty good speed. What made him great earlier in his career was that amazing combination of technique, speed, and basically knowing what the WR will do before the WR does it. Speed was definitely a part of what made him great, because he could keep up with really fast guys. "He was never fast" is something you can say about guys that run 4.55 ish, like Sherman and Haden at the combine, but not at 4.38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes