PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis Signs with NYJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for a front 7 to be pressure type, you need to pay, and we don't. My scenario offers a great cover guy.

You are free to base your opinion off of vague media reports. The simple truth is that the Jets overpaid for Revis and the Patriots did not.

No, the simple truth is that the Patriots lost a player they were bidding for. Beyond that is the unknown. The "overpaid" claim is ridiculous if you don't know the numbers the Patriots were willing to go with.

And here's what Mehta has for the contract breakdown:

Manish Mehta said:
Breakdown of Revis contract: $16M FULLY gtd, $17M fully guaranteed, $15M ($6M fully gtd), $11M, $11M

I said it earlier today:

We won the AFC & SB with offense. We nearly won the SB46 with no defense and all offense.

Draft OL, get Harvin/Bush, and make the offense absurd. The defense still has enough talent all over to be the same average defense it was from 2005-2013 (and the 2014 playoffs).

I guess use the money and give Brady more weapons...just try outscore...

Belichick went "all in" in 2014, renting two players for $17M for one year. It worked out very well indeed.
==============
This year, the cost of the same players was $21M plus long-term guaranteed commitments.

Belichick decided not to pay $21M, along with guaranteed future payments.
=====

We should be congratulating Belichick for his one-year rental, with no strings attached.
=========
Apparently, Belichick was willing to pay $16M plus some guarantees for less value (no Browner included this time).
=========
Browner is completely separate decision. People here greatly overstate his value. He is a #2 corner who needs guys like Revis and McCourty covering his weaknesses.
=========
So, thank you to Revis and Browner for doing the job that they were paid a lot of money to accomplish, and let's move on and find a different way to spend $21M a year.

Ignore the ostriches. They're every bit as ridiculous as the Chicken Littles.
No they're actually right, lets be positive. The pats can't do anything wrong, don't you know?

These numbers for Revis.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 14m14 minutes ago
If Darrelle Revis plays out his new contract with the #Jets, he’ll have earned $155,199,500 in total, which is a lot, per sources.

DxiV7bN.gif

Good for him.

Plus the tampergate punishment hopefully....

It will be interesting if the Pats can get any proof of tampering this weekend. If they get that on top of the other tampering pending case, they could get a decent draft pick from the Jets. Otherwise, don't expect much than swapping a mid rounder.

And here's what Mehta has for the contract breakdown:

This makes me wonder if the Jets' ability to frontload, which I don't think the Patriots would have had due to cap constraints, was the ultimate decider.

I can't believe the Pats didn't pony up 14 million dollars, that's ridiculous. And only 39 mill of the 70 mill is guaranteed.

Right now I'm pissed at the world. I hate the Jets, and I've NEVER hated a player more than I hate Revis. I hated Peyton Manning, I hated Richard Sherman, now I hate Revis with a passion. I've NEVER wished ill will on a player in any sport, but if Revis were to blow out his ACL, MCL and PCL on the first play of next season. I will not shed a tear.

I hate everybody and everything right now. And for one night, I say **** the Pats for not paying Revis, and **** Belichick. Horrible job in the offseason. But my anger towards him will only last one night. Him and the Pats gave us such joy last month, but I guess the cost of winning was poor cap management.

I don't understand all the doom and gloom. Do we really think that Belichick can't find alternative uses for $21M a year over the next three years? We all wanted to see Revis and Browner here at $21M a year. Perhaps, Belichick can find a different way to win with $21M a year to spend.

It will be interesting if the Pats can get any proof of tampering this weekend. If they get that on top of the other tampering pending case, they could get a decent draft pick from the Jets. Otherwise, don't expect much than swapping a mid rounder.
They already have proof. Woody was caught red handed with his hand in the cookie jar. I'd be happy with a 3rd round swap and a 6th round pick. The rule clearly states SEVERE punishment. Tired of Goodell letting the Jets off the hook again and again and again. I didn't buy into this whole thing Joker was spewing years again but it's really come to light. He was right all along.

Do they allow players on the winning Super Bowl team to have a day with the Lombardi Trophy (like they do with the Stanley Cup)? If so, Revis can bring it to New York because that's the closest the Jets and their fans will get to the Lombardi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back