PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the 10 yard cushion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so you've been impressed with Jerod Mayo's play ! Brilliant analysis, thanks for the tremendous insight.

All the DRC hate simply because BB chose to pass on him, I mean c'mon guys, he's a pro bowler for a freakin reason. Why can't anyone here admit anything ? I love the Pats just like you guys and I praise them like you guys do, but when a Mayo disappears for over a year now as the 10th pick in the draft and DRC is making Pro Bowls, come out of the closet and just talk about facts please. Is it that hard ?

You're like the over-the-top homers on this site, in that you confuse analysis with "hate". DRC isn't physical, and he shies away from contact just as his cousin does. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have other fine qualities, but you might as well be sleeping with him given the way you so blindly defend him.

As for Mayo, he was voted DROY, so I'd say that a lot of people have been impressed with him. Last year, he played on a bad knee, so it's stupid to grade him without taking that into account. Me, I wanted Clady, but I can still acknowledge that Mayo was very good as a rookie and was obviously playing injured last season. You should try taking that sort of more even-handed approach.

Now, about the drunken Bengal..........

You're like the over-the-top homers on this site, in that you confuse analysis with "hate". DRC isn't physical, and he shies away from contact just as his cousin does. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have other fine qualities, but you might as well be sleeping with him given the way you so blindly defend him.

As for Mayo, he was voted DROY, so I'd say that a lot of people have been impressed with him. Last year, he played on a bad knee, so it's stupid to grade him without taking that into account. Me, I wanted Clady, but I can still acknowledge that Mayo was very good as a rookie and was obviously playing injured last season. You should try taking that sort of more even-handed approach.

Now, about the drunken Bengal..........

The drunken Bengal? OK Rey Maualuga, ya, that's his name. Do you have a problem with what he's bringing to the football field, he had himself a pretty good rookie year and will improve in his second year this year. Not bad for a 2nd round pick (NOT 10th-OVERALL).

I laugh at your DRC analysis, soft in run support, oh boy, we're reaching now, we're reaching now ! Please help us all ! Listen, it's easy, I'll say it for you as you just can't seem to do it. DRC (As the 16th overall selection) is a better football player than Jerod Mayo (the 10th overall selection) is right now and will be in the future. Let's compare Pro Bowl appearances for each in 8 years, shall we? If you're a betting man, I know you would privately bet on DRC in that gamble, you can admit it, c'mon now.

Drop the DROY garbage from 3 years ago, Jerod we have to assume is healthy now, tell me what you've seen from him, tell me anything, I see a man getting engulfed by guards, getting turned creating gaping holes, I see a man who can't cover any TE, never mind TE's on the Rams. As the 10th overall pick, we need to see more, don't we? Please, you can admit it, you can say it, right now, Jerod Mayo isn't playing up to expectations or the value of the 10th overall selection. I said it for you, is that OK? He's being outplayed by Spikes so much right now, it's silly.......

Last edited:
Listen, it's easy, I'll say it for you as you just can't seem to do it. DRC (As the 16th overall selection) is a better football player than Jerod Mayo (the 10th overall selection) is right now and will be in the future.

Drinking early again, are we?

Thanks for the prediction, Nostradamus.

I'd take DRC over Mayo too, but that isn't a knock on Mayo. I just have a soft spot in my heart for the extremely athletic corners. Hopefully for the Patriots sake, the defense starts making some plays.

Anyways, I came into this thread to mention how the Vikings play the same soft coverage as the Patriots and it doesn't work!! We were being abused underneath by the 49ers last week. With our pass rush, we should play some press coverage.

Let's compare Pro Bowl appearances for each in 8 years, shall we?

What an absolutely horrendous way to compare players.

Anyway, Mayo was DROY in 2008. He sprained his MCL in the first game of 2009 and came back early (5 weeks). He was obviously still somewhat hampered by the knee when he returned but seemed to start regaining form towards the end of the year. Oh yeah and he wears a green dot

Last edited:
Bottom line is we should have drafted him over Mayo based on what both have shown through this point. Please don't even try to make a case for Mayo over DRC, there isn't anything legitimate and factual (film wise) (eye wise) (fact wise) to make your case on. Mayo has looked lost for a while now, and I am not sure what is going on with him.

This speaks to your extreme ignorance of the game of football. You are only making a fool of yourself and embarrassing yourself.

The only thing this tells me is you have no idea what Mayo does that is important to the team.

I'd take DRC over Mayo too, but that isn't a knock on Mayo. I just have a soft spot in my heart for the extremely athletic corners. Hopefully for the Patriots sake, the defense starts making some plays.

Anyways, I came into this thread to mention how the Vikings play the same soft coverage as the Patriots and it doesn't work!! We were being abused underneath by the 49ers last week. With our pass rush, we should play some press coverage.

You and most people across the country would take DRC over Mayo, but here, because BB chose Mayo over DRC, you just have to accept the fact that on this board, Jerod Mayo is and will always be the superior player to DRC. Don't ask why, just accept that as being a fact because of the board you're on.

This speaks to your extreme ignorance of the game of football. You are only making a fool of yourself and embarrassing yourself.

The only thing this tells me is you have no idea what Mayo does that is important to the team.

Interesting for you to say that, neither does anyone else!

Who would you take right now if given the choice Mr. Homer ? Tell me !

Last edited:
The drunken Bengal? OK Rey Maualuga, ya, that's his name. Do you have a problem with what he's bringing to the football field, he had himself a pretty good rookie year and will improve in his second year this year. Not bad for a 2nd round pick (NOT 10th-OVERALL).

I laugh at your DRC analysis, soft in run support, oh boy, we're reaching now, we're reaching now ! Please help us all ! Listen, it's easy, I'll say it for you as you just can't seem to do it. DRC (As the 16th overall selection) is a better football player than Jerod Mayo (the 10th overall selection) is right now and will be in the future. Let's compare Pro Bowl appearances for each in 8 years, shall we? If you're a betting man, I know you would privately bet on DRC in that gamble, you can admit it, c'mon now.

Drop the DROY garbage from 3 years ago, Jerod we have to assume is healthy now, tell me what you've seen from him, tell me anything, I see a man getting engulfed by guards, getting turned creating gaping holes, I see a man who can't cover any TE, never mind TE's on the Rams. As the 10th overall pick, we need to see more, don't we? Please, you can admit it, you can say it, right now, Jerod Mayo isn't playing up to expectations or the value of the 10th overall selection. I said it for you, is that OK? He's being outplayed by Spikes so much right now, it's silly.......

How is it possible that you can't see how ridiculous these posts of yours are? all of your binkies will improve, but nobody else will. The softness of DRC is something to be ignored when the Patriots use their CBs in run support, etc....

It does make for good comedy, but you're clowning yourself.

NFL Game Center: Indianapolis Colts at Arizona Cardinals - 2009 Week 3

Go to 35 seconds and 1:35 seconds

You're right, Peyton is so afraid of the amazing DRC. That's why Peyton just threw 2 TD passes on him. :rolleyes:

And do you wanna tell me who it is that Steve Smith toasts to the tune of 50 yards and a TD on this play at 58 seconds? NFL Game Center: Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals - 2009 Week 8

I believe The_Riddler missed this. I'll quote so he can see ;)

Read-and-react/contain defense is not as fun to watch as a high-pressure attack-style defense like the Green Beans have. Has BB ever explained his choice of this philosophy for layman's understanding?
I've wondered the same thing that the attack style 34 would be more effective, but hey the read and react resulted in 3 SB wins, so why fix something that has worked.

No you don't you do it all the time.

Funny stuff.......

OK, let me shake the cob webs out, wow, what was I thinking.

Yes you are correct, Jerod Mayo as the 10th overall pick is the better football player when compared to DRC. Jerod makes many more noticeable plays at or near the LOS and can drop back in coverage and cover backs and TEs flawlessly. Yes, Mayo is out playing Spikes, not sure what I've been looking at recently.

DRC really isn't a pro-bowler, how in the world was he voted in ? Wow, sorry I lost myself, I submit.

Argument over, homers win !!!!!!!!!!!! Let's move on !

Last edited:
Funny stuff.......

OK, let me shake the cob webs out, wow, what was I thinking.

Yes you are correct, Jerod Mayo as the 10th overall pick is the better football player when compared to DRC. Jerod makes many more noticeable plays at or near the LOS and can drop back in coverage and cover backs and TEs flawlessly. Yes, Mayo is out playing Spikes, not sure what I've been looking at recently.

DRC really isn't a pro-bowler, how in the world was he voted in ? Wow, sorry I lost myself, I submit.

Argument over, homers win !!!!!!!!!!!! Let's move on !

As I'm sure the homers would agree.......

When you lump me in with the homers, you make yourself look like a fool.

Last edited:
LOL at using Pro Bowls to compare players. If you are gonna do that, then I guess David Garrard and Vince Young are two of the best QBs in the NFL, considering they both participated in the Pro Bowl last year.

LOL at using Pro Bowls to compare players. If you are gonna do that, then I guess David Garrard and Vince Young are two of the best QBs in the NFL, considering they both participated in the Pro Bowl last year.

Let's do this, it's real simple, please answer if you could, and can you be honest. Blue Koolaid aside now :)

OK

Question 1:

Do you feel as of right now, that Jerod Mayo is playing up to the standards of being the 10th overall selection ? If so, then why, what have you seen to justify your response ?

Question 2:

Across the country, if you had to bet, (not just here in homerville), would more people think (as of right now) that DRC is a better football player than Jerod May ? If so, then why?

As I'm sure the homers would agree.......

When you call me a homer, you make yourself look like a fool.

When all people do is throw around "homer" and "doom and gloomer" ad nauseam it makes you look like a fool no matter your point.

"The homers of the site would..."
"The doom and gloomers would..."
"I am objective damnit!"

Let's do this, it's real simple, please answer if you could, and can you be honest. Blue Koolaid aside now :)

OK

Question 1:

Do you feel as of right now, that Jerod Mayo is playing up to the standards of being the 10th overall selection ? If so, then why, what have you seen to justify your response ?

Question 2:

Across the country, if you had to bet, (not just here in homerville), would more people think (as of right now) that DRC is a better football player than Jerod May ? If so, then why?

Did DRC win DROY? Was DRC fighting a knee injury all season long last year? I didn't think so. Mayo was the best defensive player out of the draft his rookie year. He wasn't healthy last year. I'm not really sure what's so hard to comprehend here.

Last edited:

OK

Question 1:

Question 2:

What do you mean by "as of right now". Also do you understand different teams have different needs? There is no universal NFL system where every player in the universe is plug and play. Every player has strengths and weaknesses and every team requires slightly to very different things out of each position. Now you can resume to drooling over DRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes