PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the 10 yard cushion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It worked like a charm when the team went 16-0.

Our defense could have played with a 20 yard cushion that year the way our offense was playing.

How about anyone forget the immortal Derek Anderson making the Pro Bowl in 2007?

You can quit now.......While I'm ahead............You're losing............A David Garrard argument......hello desperation, I have no other legitimate response.

You shouldn't have brought up the "he made the Pro-Bowl" argument. Undeserving players can make Pro-Bowls too.

But I do see your point. No football fan would pick Mayo (based on what they've seen so far in their respective careers) if they had to choose one or the other for their team outside of New England.

But I've seen you post about this so many times, kinda makes me wonder if you're a relative of DMC or something.;)

I feel we finally have the talent at corner to play more aggressively at the LOS. We need to jam these receivers and disrupt timing, especially against teams like the Colts and Packers. I hope we see a little more of that this year.

Sorry to bust your homerism bubble, but the steelers and the ravens have had the best defenses in the last 10 years. **** Lebeau is arguably a better defensive mind than Belichick. His defense shut down manning in indy in the afc divivisional play-off game, while belichick's defense choked a year later in the afc championship game. The ravens have not allowed single 100 yards rusher in like forever. The have lost players like Bart Scott, AD over the years and still had a top 5 defense that shot the patriots down last year.

Belichick is not infallable. Is defense has been average to mediocre in the last 4 years. The nfl has changed, rules changes have made offenses more efficient. The read and react defense is becoming obsolete,.

Ravens & Jets apologists seem to have forgotten that the Patriots and Belichick beat them last season...

I will not waste my time on the benfits of agressive play. Belichick and his many opponents have proven that if you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Finishing fifth in Points Allowed last season shows the read-and-react is not obsolete.

Sorry to bust your homerism bubble, but the steelers and the ravens have had the best defenses in the last 10 years. **** Lebeau is arguably a better defensive mind than Belichick. His defense shut down manning in indy in the afc divivisional play-off game, while belichick's defense choked a year later in the afc championship game. The ravens have not allowed single 100 yards rusher in like forever. The have lost players like Bart Scott, AD over the years and still had a top 5 defense that shot the patriots down last year.

Belichick is not infallable. Is defense has been average to mediocre in the last 4 years. The nfl has changed, rules changes have made offenses more efficient. The read and react defense is becoming obsolete,.

Cedric Benson and Adrian Peterson say hi. Sorry bust your NFL utopia.:cool:

Wow......great post......what a b!tch slap that was!!....the facts speak for themselves!

UOTE=upstater1;2009616]Belichick has never stymied the Colts in the playoffs.

The Patriots don't lead the league in points allowed in defense.

John McCain won the 2008 election.

Now, back to reality:

The Patriots OWN the Colts in the playoffs, and they've done it not once, not twice, but three times.

Best defense overall from 2002-2010 in points allowed?

#1. New England 17.85
#2. Baltimore 17.92
#3. Pittsburgh 18.05

Not to mention that Belichick and the Patriots have absolutely shredded LeBeau's Steelers' D in the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Christ on a crutch. He won DRoY his rookie year, was injured last season, and this season hasn't even started yet.

People need to seriously cut down on the glue consumption.

Come on jack....can't you tell a troll when u see one?....its obvious to me that most of these "mayo sucks", cromartie rocks guys are trolling jets fans.....here's a tip...when some horse's a## keeps saying over and over "i love the pats just as much as u guys"...they are trolls....Mayo is recognized by all analysts/football people....as a great up and coming player...never mind his injuries..does anyone realize how much pressure this guy has been under since he got here with an aging LB corps in many ways....where he was asked to step right in and produce!....the guy is a great patriot......GO PATS!

This thread is entertaining to say the least...

Last edited:
I'm not sure how this thread degenerated so far, but the basic point remains valid--a 10 yard cushion with the dabcks in the back pedal at the snap sucks. The Pats used it all last year to make mediocre QBs look like pro bowlers. Look at how other teams play Moss. They get up in his face a lot and make it harder for him to run his route. The 10 yard cushion also leads to a lot of 9 minute drives. Well, here's hoping it was more of a preseason scheme than one for the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back