PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Return of the 10 yard cushion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were other issues that added to the awful performance our defense showed last night. But the thread is about the 10 yard cushion...

If you think the 10 yard cushion is a good way to defend the pass in today's NFL, then I suggest you watch games more closely.

It worked like a charm when the team went 16-0.

Wow, "Blue Koolaid" has a really high alcohol content........yikes !!!!!!! I never would have guessed :eek:

You can see a doctor for this tunnel vision you know, I recommend it highly, you'll be a better, more objective person for it.

If you want to argue football, then let's do that, but spare me the name-calling; it never does any good.

Hate to look back, but we were on the verge of drafting Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie. We had worked him out privately the Thursday before the draft, Michael Smith on ESPN felt like DRC was their guy, their pick.

BB decided to pass and chose Mayo instead. Right now, DRC, is a lock-down, shut-down corner who locks down one half of the football field and doesn't give any cushions, plays tight, up in your mug, man-to-man coverage for 60 minutes. He's a Pro Bowler right now. Team don't even look to throw to his side of the field.

A guy like this would have done so much for our defense.

I've watched Mayo since day one. Looked promising his rookie year, but hasn't done anything noteworthy for about 2 years now. Bradford was abusing Mayo underneath often in the inner part of the field, his coverage skills are really weak. His run recoginition and ability to shed guards in the interior were very concerning last year, and still look to be concerning this year. Right now Spikes is a better football player between the two. I really hope things change, because the more I watch DRC, the more I wonder, wow, what if ?

a every year 100 tackle ILB in this system is not easy to come by agree DRC is a good player but he would suck playing in the AFC east vs better WR's and no pass rush to help him out so IMO they drafted the right guy

Last edited:
Okay, I'm trying to put it in perspective here, who do you feel is a better linebacker up to this point in their respective careers: Ted Johnson or Mayo?
I can answer that question. Along with Zack Thomas, Ted Johnson was considered one of the best ILB's in the game. But after his injury in '99, it took him a couple of years to regain his prior form.

Easy question Ted Johnson>Jerod Mayo

And they didn't have to burn the 10th overall pick to get a better player.

If you want to argue football, then let's do that, but spare me the name-calling; it never does any good.

Fair enough, let's talk football, that's what I've been trying to do all along.

Let me be upfront, have you been watching Mayo this preseason, let's just start with that. Have you watched him closely? I have. Tell me what you are seeing to be excited about? What he's bringing to the table ? Please let me know, let me know what I'm not seeing.

I am re-watching games twice, he is NOT, repeat NOT making any plays. As a matter of fact he's getting outplayed by his partner #55. Tell me what I'm missing and then maybe you can consult Ray Rice on what Mayo's not doing, see his trap run to pay dirt in that horrible playoff game.

I want to believe you that Mayo is great, but tell me the plays he has made, I will turn the DVR back on and find them, honestly I will.

Last edited:
Maybe if you'd stop spewing all this crap about DRC if you'd just watch those videos that BradyToHernandez posted a few pages ago. It'd be nice if you actually respond to video evidence rather than completely ignore it.

Maybe if you'd stop spewing all this crap about DRC if you'd just watch those videos that BradyToHernandez posted a few pages ago. It'd be nice if you actually respond to video evidence rather than completely ignore it.

What video ? DRC against Manning ? What a riot ? Like PM doesn't abuse all corners in the NFL, give me a break !

DRC is better than any CB we have on our roster right now, hands down. If you want to bring your DRC argument to all of those who voted him into the Pro Bowl, then all the power to you and good luck with that argument, you'll get laughed out of the room.

DRC is a superstar in the making, just accept it and move on.

What video ? DRC against Manning ? What a riot ? Like PM doesn't abuse all corners in the NFL, give me a break !

DRC is better than any CB we have on our roster right now, hands down. If you want to bring your DRC argument to all of those who voted him into the Pro Bowl, then all the power to you and good luck with that argument, you'll get laughed out of the room.

Well, considering your past track record of player evaluation, you'll have to forgive us if we consider your opinion with an, oh, I don't know...:http://oceansjsu.com/images/salt_pile.jpg

Well, considering your past track record of player evaluation, you'll have to forgive us if we consider your opinion with an, oh, I don't know...:http://oceansjsu.com/images/salt_pile.jpg

You know what we love about you Jack, you're so objective, every post is given with a clear, "Non Blue", "Open-eyed" opinion. Keep it up Jack, it's great to get your objective insight about the Pats, so refreshing and so "Non-biased"..............

You know what we love about you Jack, you're so objective, every post is given with a clear, "Non Blue", "Open-eyed" opinion. Keep it up Jack, it's great to get your objective insight about the Pats, so refreshing and so "Non-biased"..............

I never claimed to be objective, so I don't see how that's relevant.

Do tell us about how great Maualuga is going to be, again?

I never claimed to be objective, so I don't see how that's relevant.

Do tell us about how great Maualuga is going to be, again?

You can put Rey Maualuga (Drunk or not) and DRC into my defense, anytime, in a heartbeat....................

Fair enough, let's talk football, that's what I've been trying to do all along.

Let me be upfront, have you been watching Mayo this preseason, let's just start with that. Have you watched him closely? I have. Tell me what you are seeing to be excited about? What he's bringing to the table ? Please let me know, let me know what I'm not seeing.

I am re-watching games twice, he is NOT, repeat NOT making any plays. As a matter of fact he's getting outplayed by his partner #55. Tell me what I'm missing and then maybe you can consult Ray Rice on what Mayo's not doing, see his trap run to pay dirt in that horrible playoff game.

I want to believe you that Mayo is great, but tell me the plays he has made, I will turn the DVR back on and find them, honestly I will.

Can you burn a DVD of the DVR recording you made of the game?

And the second one where he was completely ABUSED by Jake Delhomme.

I love how your point went from "lock-down, shut-down corner who locks down one half of the football field" and that "Team don't even look to throw to his side of the field" to just "better than any CB we have on our roster right now." I see I have been successful. If teams never threw to his side, I wouldn't be able to show you two videos of him getting completely owned.

And the second one where he was completely ABUSED by Jake Delhomme.

I love how your point went from "lock-down, shut-down corner who locks down one half of the football field" and that "Team don't even look to throw to his side of the field" to just "better than any CB we have on our roster right now." I see I have been successful. If teams never threw to his side, I wouldn't be able to show you two videos of him getting completely owned.

And how in the world does a guy like this make the Pro Bowl ? Have you Googled his tremendous, all-world, freakish-athletic plays that he has made over his young 2 years in this league ? I thought not, of course not, it wouldn't fit your argument.

DRC made the Pro Bowl, can you explain that ?

He is a shutdown corner, a stud, live with it and accept, yes BB passed on him, oh well, all spilled milk now.........

Here watch this, put this in your pipe and puff..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIrgURFNb-o

Last edited:
And how in the world does a guy like this make the Pro Bowl ? Have you Googled his tremendous, all-world, freakish-athletic plays that he has made over his young 2 years in this league ? I thought not, of course not, it wouldn't fit your argument.

DRC made the Pro Bowl, can you explain that ?

He is a shutdown corner, a stud, live with it and accept, yes BB passed on him, oh well, all spilled milk now.........

YouTube - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie amazing interception on eli manning - ARI @ NYG Week 7 2009

Erm, all sorts of guys make the pro bowl, for all sorts of reasons. Saying a guy made the pro bowl isn't really the best argument. David f*cking Garrard was in the pro bowl.

And how in the world does a guy like this make the Pro Bowl ? Have you Googled his tremendous, all-world, freakish-athletic plays that he has made over his years in this league ? I thought not, of course not, it wouldn't fit your argument.

David Garrard made the Pro Bowl, can you explain that ?

He is an elite quarterback, a stud, live with it and accept, yes BB passed on him, oh well, all spilled milk now.........

Hope that helps you figure it out a bit.

You can quit now.......While I'm ahead............You're losing............A David Garrard argument......hello desperation, I have no other legitimate response.

Last edited:

You could also cite:

2005 - Steve McNair
2006 - Vince Young
2008 - Kerry Collins
2009 - Vince Young

...or just say the name Mike Alstott!

You can quit now.......While I'm ahead............You're losing............A David Garrard argument......hello desperation, I have no other legitimate response.

The fact that you think you are "ahead" is probably the most amusing thing about this thread yet.

Oh, wow. Your own argument blows up in your face and you blame the other guy. God, I love this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes