Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Texans | Givens cancels visit; reports say he re-signed with New England
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:12:28 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) has canceled his visit with the Houston Texans Sunday, March 12. Reports out of New England late Saturday evening, March 11, were that Givens had decided to re-sign with the New England Patriots.

:D

One down, two to go?

:eat2:....:D....:eat2:

I need confirmation. This is too big to believe the first report we hear. (Remember Givens to the Browns.) But if this is right..... oh man. And thanks for posting at 2am when I'm here.

I knew he'd be back.

dont get fired up about a
lost #2

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
Texans | Givens cancels visit; reports say he re-signed with New England
Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:12:28 -0800

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) has canceled his visit with the Houston Texans Sunday, March 12. Reports out of New England late Saturday evening, March 11, were that Givens had decided to re-sign with the New England Patriots.

:D

One down, two to go?

Are you sure Mo?? I just tried to get on their website and it is not coming up. I also did not see anything on ESPN.....damn insomnia!

EDIT:

You are right, Mo, here is the link:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3717783.html

Scroll down to see the bit about David. Damn, damn insomnia! ;)

Last edited:
Bill's Girl said:
Are you sure Mo?? I just tried to get on their website and it is not coming up. I also did not see anything on ESPN.....damn insomnia!

EDIT:

You are right, Mo, here is the link:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3717783.html

Scroll down to see the bit about David. Damn, damn insomnia! ;)

It does say it in writing there, but I need a second, major source before I'll exhale.

Until it comes out of NE then I just cannot will myself to believe it. The heart break would be far too great to find out otherwise.

Givens must be nuts. Who would pass up the opportunity to play for a quality franchise like the Houston Texans?

How 'bout the free agents that are entertaining offers from the Saints and the Cardinals?

I've tried desperately to confirm this, but I cannot find anything. Hopefully by tomorrow something will develope to speak the truth of this matter.

KFFL reported the Houston piece...I wake up can NOT sleep and....wow...GREAT news!! shocking really!!

Last edited:
holyredeemer said:
Until it comes out of NE then I just cannot will myself to believe it. The heart break would be far too great to find out otherwise.

Me too. There's just something about the Givens-Brady-Branch combo that I love.

Wow, I hope this is true. It was mentioned before that for an O Line to work properly, there must be continuity. I believe that's true too when it comes to a QB to WR relationship. I'm cautiously happy about this. I need confirmation first!

Last edited:
If true, I'm guessing that maybe BB and SP took a look at the new salary cap and decided, "Hey, maybe we can afford to up our offer a bit".

This is great news. And best of all, it take the preposterous idea that we might draft Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes with #21 right off the board.

I'm thinking Bobby Carpenter. Vrabel can take him under his wing.

I'm thinking a LB or a CB or LenDale White, who just has to get past the Ravens.

rookBoston said:
I'm thinking Bobby Carpenter. Vrabel can take him under his wing.

I think he already has. I heard that Vrabel and Carpenter already work out together during the off season. It would be cool to see him here.

lets not get ahead of ourselves

this article is still the only one that has him re-signing

Fingers are crossed until this news is confirmed.

Mike the Brit said:
Me too. There's just something about the Givens-Brady-Branch combo that I love.

I would be willing to guess what you love about the trio is the fact
that they've already won 2 Super Bowls together. And, can make it
a couple of more....a la...Bradshaw-Swann-Stallworth..

Just trying to help a fellow Pats fan get his thoughts together..lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes