PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports say Givens has re-signed with Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are all these reports...sleaze from the agent?? I can understand one sort of false story...but again?? Starting to smell quite a bit now..NOT classy at all...in fact..it's going the other way for me..

Two days of FA and David's agent has seemingly spent most of his time talking with the media about erroneous reports. I'm sure none of it is the chatty agent's fault, though.

Bill's Girl said:
Well, I guess his fricken crystal ball is broken! :rolleyes:
Well, either that, or he just made the mistake of believing anything Brad Blank said.

Patriots | Givens has not re-signed
Sun, 12 Mar 2006 06:43:47 -0800

Mike Reiss, of the Boston Globe, reports agent Brad Blank said a Houston Chronicle report saying free agent WR David Givens (Patriots) has re-signed with the New England Patriots was erroneous. Blank said "anything is possible" at this stage. This is the second erroneous report this weekend involving a Givens signing.

This Blank looks like he's just spreading sh!t. I think he'd be on my list to never deal with if I were the Patriots.

BelichickFan said:
This Blank looks like he's just spreading sh!t. I think he'd be on my list to never deal with if I were the Patriots.
Well, he's accustomed to spreading sh!t, through his representation of people like Borges and Ordway.

True though - they have a meeting in Miami, which they kick off by denying they've got a deal in place in Cleveland (wink, wink). They have a meeting in Houston, which they begin by denying they have a deal in place in New England (wink, wink). In Brad Blank's vocabulary, 'computer hacker' is a euphemism for 'Brad Blank'.

This is the guy talking about the 12+ teams that were interested before FA started. Well, one day in it looks like that's 2 teams plus his previous team. The guy is trying to create a market because he's oversold to his client especially after Jurevicious got $10M for 4 years (I do like Givens more). Well, Belichick isn't going to deal with a distraction like this. If Blank (appropriate name) wants to talk, Belichick will, but if other options are out there that he likes, he'll move on. I have no doubt about that.

Oh, and Miami probably is on hold with an offer due to the Brees thing . . . if they sign him they likely won't have much for a big Givens offer. I bet Miami hasn't even made an offer yet so this ****** was trying to get Houston to jump out of their skin with a big offer the way Cleveland did with LeCharles Bently when he was supposedly going to Philly.

Pats67 said:
In Brad Blank's vocabulary, 'computer hacker' is a euphemism for 'Brad Blank'.

LOL. Good one

patsfaninpa said:
I would be willing to guess what you love about the trio is the fact
that they've already won 2 Super Bowls together. And, can make it
a couple of more....a la...Bradshaw-Swann-Stallworth..

Just trying to help a fellow Pats fan get his thoughts together..lol..

I think it's the stylistic blend we get from Branch the "small fast guy" and Givens the "bigger strong guy."

re

^$@^$@#&%#&

I willed myself to believe the report was true, but now I just want to punch Givens' agent in the head.

He is just trying to get the Texans to get freaked out and prompt them to throw money at his client.

It didn't work in Miami, apparently.

I guess its time to set the Givens meter back to

->Easily replaceable :rolleyes:

It is the job of an agent to get money for his client; and this tactic will get more money out of Texas or New England.

And it is th job of the fans to whine.

A bit of unsolicited advice.
1) A player is signed when the teams issue a press release.
2) The salary is known when the nfl site posts it. The real details are sometimes never known, but the initial numbers are almost always high and misleading.

maverick4 said:
^$@^$@#&%#&

I willed myself to believe the report was true, but now I just want to punch Givens' agent in the head.

He is just trying to get the Texans to get freaked out and prompt them to throw money at his client.

mgteich said:
It is the job of an agent to get money for his client; and this tactic will get more money out of Texas or New England.
Texans maybe. Not New England IMO. Distractions like this are more likely to make Belichick move on than jump.

I'd like to resign DG but not with a lot game-playing with agents. Give him a fair offer and move on its not to his liking....... I like Atlanta's Finneran if DG can't be resigned. Thanks for the memories Andre! Good luck in Beefalo! :rocker:

I think the story posted on Patriots.com is very fishy. I listen to their web broadcast often and they say all the time that they really aren't allowed to "break" stories until they are confirmed by the PR department first and made public. Why would one of ther writers say they placed a call to the PR department and it wasn't returned? That makes no sense knowing they need to confirm the story before they are allowed to post it on the team's official site. I'm wondering if the person who hacked into the Browns site got into the Patriots system as well because if you read that last sentence, it makes no sense.

patriotsrule said:
I think the story posted on Patriots.com is very fishy. I listen to their web broadcast often and they say all the time that they really aren't allowed to "break" stories until they are confirmed by the PR department first and made public. Why would one of ther writers say they placed a call to the PR department and it wasn't returned? That makes no sense knowing they need to confirm the story before they are allowed to post it on the team's official site. I'm wondering if the person who hacked into the Browns site got into the Patriots system as well because if you read that last sentence, it makes no sense.

The fact that it is still on the Patriots website is indeed very strange. This whole Givens scenario all weekend has been bizzare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes