PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Tannenbaum’s presence causes cowher to pass on jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESPN - Source: New York Jets willing to alter plans to get Bill Cowher

Update: The door to the New York Jets' opening might not be closed for Bill Cowher just yet after all.

A high ranking Jets official told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen that the team is still planning to speak to Cowher about its vacant head coaching job. No time or place for the interview has been set, but the official says the Jets would be willing to do "whatever is necessary" to land Cowher if he is truly interested in taking the job.

Cowher plans to speak publicly for the first time about the Jets' opening and other coaching opportunities during CBS' wild-card pregame show on Sunday, a source told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand.

Initially, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported Cowher told the Jets he was not interested because he wanted his own personnel person. The Jets official's response indicates the team is willing to let Cowher replace current general manager Mike Tannenbaum with his own candidate.

A Jets source also said Tannenbaum says he's willing to adjust his position to accommodate Cowher.

Cowher is smart, let hope the Jets ownership isn't. We do not need him in our division.

I for one would not want to face him twice a year. He actually knows how to coach and get his players motivated. The games between the Pats and his Steelers were never cake walks.

Man oh man... can you imagine the press conferences between Cowher and the NY area media? With Cowher's strong personality and the bloodthirsty shark attitude of the local media, those could get testy really quick.

Love it! :rocker:

I hate this time of year; all the rumors and back-and-forth and contradicting reports.

I don't want Cowher in the division either, but somehow I just don't see this happening even if Tannenbaum gets (or could get) booted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back