PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Rex Ryan would rather get fired than accept the status quo

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - Isn't he the "status quo"? Nice way to try to deflect your shortcomings Rexie.

So once again either Rex is lying, confused, has 2nd thoughts and/or the "sources" are garbage.

Yet we can believe uncritically every single unattributed sourced word about Tebow refusing to play as ordered.

You're going to get me in trouble for being a meanie to the anti-Tebow crowd. :p

listening to rex ryan presser and some of the ballwashing questions they ask "You have toned it down a little this yr, you think you need to get being yourself fiery and all to be successful' ? ...

LOL - Isn't he the "status quo"? Nice way to try to deflect your shortcomings Rexie.

He wants to be the Jets coach for the next 15 years. This is his team. He'd rather coach his players and his team. So, Ryan is now admitting that the assembled group is his team, with his players.

Woody should fire him just for the stupidity of laying claim to that bunch of clowns.

"I don't want to coach anywhere but the New York Jets. Period."

So, if the Jets can him, we can expect him to leave the coaching profession.....

According to Francessa, "everybody knows" that the D.C., Pettine, is the source.

Rex might want to master that coaching thing before he asks for increased responsibilities.

The Greatest Disaster on Turf keeps reaching previously unknown levels of humiliation...

Last edited:
Report: Rex Ryan would rather get fired than accept the status quo

awwww..what happened....some big meanie take iddle widdle Wrecksie's toes away from him again?

Anybody here put in his place (having zero power to control personnel and having Tebow stuck in your face) would do the same thing.

I'll be the last one to make excuses for his mouth but he's a great football mind and got what amounts to a NE-Pete Carroll screw job, and a Cleveland Belichick screw job. He's got the worst GM in the sport, got stuck with the worst OC in the sport, was not allowed to build depth on offense, he's got a meddling owner who inflicted a massive problem on him (Tebow), and he's been asked to front for the whole sordid affair.

The real story here: Woody Johnson is a putrid owner. He erases Dan Snyder from the Stupid Book.

Anybody here put in his place (having zero power to control personnel and having Tebow stuck in your face) would do the same thing.

I'll be the last one to make excuses for his mouth but he's a great football mind and got what amounts to a NE-Pete Carroll screw job, and a Cleveland Belichick screw job. He's got the worst GM in the sport, got stuck with the worst OC in the sport, was not allowed to build depth on offense, he's got a meddling owner who inflicted a massive problem on him (Tebow), and he's been asked to front for the whole sordid affair.

The real story here: Woody Johnson is a putrid owner. He erases Dan Snyder from the Stupid Book.

Carroll didn't get screwed in New England, and Ryan hasn't gotten screwed in New York.

Woody should fire him just for the stupidity of laying claim to that bunch of clowns.
I think Woody should fire Woody. Everybody knows which deluded mind in that organization forced Tebow upon them. That's a move that rivals any putrid move made in the history of the sport. That set the standard for owner-putrefaction.

We're talking about an owner that gave Mangini just enough time to build the team (including Favre) and then fired them both. It boggles the mind. Anybody remember the year that Favre had after Woody Bigshot Johnson fired him?

Carroll didn't get screwed in New England, and Ryan hasn't gotten screwed in New York.
You tellin' me that Petey would have picked Bobby Grier as his personnel man?

COME ONNNNNN, Deus!

Besides that Bob Kraft admitted that he gave Petey a very bad situation. He admitted it, so don't try to spin this.

Last edited:
Carroll didn't get screwed in New England,
Actually Bob Kraft would dispute this statement. He's come out publicly and stated that he didn't give Carroll the support he now knows an NFL HC needs. He had no control over the personal. He was the victim of the Bob Kraft who never said no to a contract demand and put the team in cap hell. He was the victim of a vicious press corp who never was going to accept anyone who wasn't Bill Parcells.

Carroll had good front line talent, but because of the cap situation, and truly HORRIBLE drafts, never could overcome the inevitable injuries that occur. With all that he never had a losing season. He lost a playoff game with Scott Zolak as his QB, and was 2 missed FGs by Adam Vinitieri from being 10-6 in 1999.

Granted it all turned out for the best. Kraft is now the best owner in the league. but he didn't become the best overnight. He's always been a good owner, but he's made mistakes along the way, before he became every HC's dream owner.

BB is clearly the better coach,and exactly the right HC for NE, but also clearly Carroll was Kraft's "rebound girlfriend", the one who never REALLY had his owner's full attention. Was he screwed? Maybe that's not the right phrase, but he certainly didn't get a fair shake in his short tenure here. He's a good coach and what he's done at USC and in Seattle is proof that he was always a better HC than what he was perceived to be here.

Last edited:

I'm not sure that Ryan hasn't been shopping for the groceries there rather than Tannenbaum, but I don't know.

I DO know that Ryan went into the Pats' game without a back-up QB. Tebow was hurt, and he was the only QB in uniform.

The guy is tailor-made to be a defensive coordiator--likes being pals with the players, no attention to team-wide details, etc. He's in no way suited to be a head coach.

Last edited:
..... and Ryan hasn't gotten screwed in New York.
However you are right on the money with this one. Ryan isn't getting screwed, its more like HE's the one doing the screwing.

You tellin' me that Petey would have picked Bobby Grier as his personnel man?

COME ONNNNNN, Deus!

Besides that Bob Kraft admitted that he gave Petey a very bad situation. He admitted it, so don't try to spin this.

You said that Carroll got screwed. He didn't. The fact that he didn't have the GM of his choice is not the same as him getting screwed. Feel free to listen to the players talking about Carroll.

The one spinning here is you.

Last edited:
now Sybill Ryan denies everything.....heh...this is like candy..

Jets’ Rex Ryan Rips Report That He’d Welcome Firing As ‘Total Garbage’ « CBS New York

Sporting a Jets cap and hoodie, Ryan blasted the report as “totally untrue” and “total garbage.”

“I don’t care who the source is or whatever,” he said. “I know for a fact that it’s untrue.”

and I BELIEVE him!!!...(yeah, that's the ticket, as Tommy "The Liar' Flanagan used to say)

You mean Ryan denies a report that makes him look like a petty rat who is trying to cast blame on everyone else to avoid taking blame for his failings?!? Color me shocked!

The thing is whether he said it or not, I expected him to deny saying this.

Hey Rob, if you think I believe anything this proven degenerate nutcase says, I guess I haven't been strident enough in my total disgust at his veritable existence...especially as a representative ( head coach) of the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call