PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report on my Green Bay trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowpointer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Got back last night on an awesome trip to Lambeau. Got in Saturday morning to Appleton and drove right to the stadium. They have built a gigantic atrium into the side of the stadium. Inside is the Packer hall of fame, pubs, restaurants, pro shops ect. All first class. Everyone in here was wearing either Packer or Patriot colors so it lent itself to good natured ribbing on either side. Pats fans traveled well to this game and I was told only the Steelers brought more fans. We toured the hall of fame which was excellent with lots of memorabilia ,old uniforms , trophies, all accompanied with videos as you went. Easily the highlight was the recreation of Vince Lombardi's office with his old desk . After that we watched the OSU Mich game at Curlys pub inside the atrium with the best brats I have ever had. After that we took the stadium tour. The highlight was the tunnel coming out onto the field. They have the original concrete that the old packers walked over. They pumped on the music they would play on game day as we left the tunnel for the field. It was pretty fun.We then went back to Appleton for dinner and to check into the Radisson. As we walked in it was immediately apparent that the Patriots were staying here as well. They had set up a velvet rope opposite the elevator bank (for the wing the team was staying in) with autograph seekers in Pats gear standing behind it waiting for players to come down. Most were relocated New Englanders living in Wisconsin. We had dinner at Lombardis Steakhouse which was in the hotel. Luckily I had gotten a reservation before I flew out since it was booked that night. As we sat down at the very next table was Gil and Gino with three other guys I didn't recognize. Gino sent his steak back twice for being undercooked. Players started cutting through the restaraunt but the funniest was Pioli . This was a very nice restaraunt and here comes Pioli wearing a black silky sweatsuit (think Tony Soprano) Of course he sees Gino and has to stop by the table to say hi. Kickoff was at noon so we were at the stadium at 8:30 (we parked at he K mart next door for $20. ) The team lot is permit only. We didn't have tailgate gear so we went to a bar across the street for brats and beer for breakfast. Got into the stadium about 11:00 to soak in the ambience. There is no seats bench's only so I got to relive the knee in the back days of Foxboro stadium. The fans were very nice although they got agitated and started yelling for us to sit down as the score got uglier and uglier for them. Most I talked to are ready to move on from Favre and draft a quarterback. This was a Milwaukee game (they have 2 games a year for the fans from Milwaukee that had tickets from when they played half the games in Milwaukee.) They had a 2 hour drive ahead so they started leaving early. We were right near the visiting players tunnel so we were able to easily walk over and high five a few players as they left. Some players were giving their gloves to kids who were down there. All in all it was a great trip and I'll be ready to retell it again to my buddies at the tailgate this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I am surprised that tickets were available. They have the longest waiting list in the nfl for season tickets.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
I am surprised that tickets were available. They have the longest waiting list in the nfl for season tickets.
They have 72000 on their waiting list. The tour guide told me that only 250 tickets turn over every year since you can pass them on to your first cousin at no charge.
I picked my Packers tickets up for $150 apeice on EBAY. There are 100 listings right now on Ebay for Packers Lions tickets. Considereing I pay $125 apiece for my Patriots season tickets I thought it was cheap.

My friends and I got down to Milwaukee on Saturday and drove down to Appleton. One of my friend's uncles was traveling with the team (he works for a company that does business with them) so we got to go out with a bunch of guys from the Pats (not the players or coaches, the support staff) and everything was paid for by the Patriots. I can't get over how nice the fans were. Being used to having chicken bones and worse things thrown at us in places like Pittsburgh I was really thrown off. I couldn't even talk any trash because it seemed like everyone in a Packers shirt wanted to talk about how good the Pats were and how much they wanted us to beat the Bears next week (they were all realistic about Green Bay's prospects this season). Had dinner at the Brett Farve steakhouse, which was awesome (they know their beef in that state). Awesome city, good fans, cheap drinks, and a blowout all lead up to a good weekend.

What a great experience for you!!! My daughter and I are going to Jacksonville for the Christmas Eve game, does anyone know if the Pats normally stay at Radisson's?? That would be the greatest Christmas present ever for my daughter, to stay in the same hotel as her favorite team. If anyone has any info on where they normally stay in Jax I would appreciate any input!

Thanks crowpointer, great story. I wanted to make go to this one, but I was out voted and we're ending up going to Miami in a couple weeks.

The best part of you story was the original concrete. I always get nostalgic about stuff like that. Just think of all the legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News