Report: Mayo Has Surgery, Could Miss Season with Torn Pectoral

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: Derek Havens

New England Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo could miss the rest of the 2013 season with a torn pectoral mucsle. The defensive captain had surgery Tuesday to repair the muscle, according to Yahoo! Sports writer Les Carpenter. ...

By: Derek Havens

New England Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo could miss the rest of the 2013 season with a torn pectoral mucsle. The defensive captain had surgery Tuesday to repair the muscle, according to Yahoo! Sports writer Les Carpenter. ...

oh crap, this d took a huge hit combined with the fact that talib may be out for a few weeks. MAKE IT STOPPPPP :mad:

Torn pectoral ... could miss season???

Probably will miss season ... Ted Johnson never got past those torn pecs.

Ted Johnson had a torn bicep tendon or two. I don't remember him tearing any pecs.

Ted Johnson tore his right bicep in 1998, then the left one a year later. He never had a pectoral issue.

I believe either Tippett or Blackmon tore his pec in that horrible 4th preseason game where we lost Lippett, Tippett, Blackmon, and one other I'm forgetting.

I heard Mayo had a pre existing condition but Dr Gill cleared him to play.

Just kidding

Ted Johnson had a torn bicep tendon or two. I don't remember him tearing any pecs.

Oh .... okay ... but I still don't see him coming back.

Johnson suffered torn biceps, I believe (both arms).

Ray Lewis came back from a torn pectoral muscle, despite having some help last year. So there's a decent chance Mayo isn't lost for the season but the impact of not having him will hurt the defense immensly.

Chris Price is reporting 8 weeks while other outlets are saying it may be for the rest of the season. Here's hoping it might be a shot for the playoffs.

Hopefully there's a truck full of HGH and antler spray backing into his driveway as we speak.

Any surgery to a New England Patriot means that player's death is imminent. Mayo is gone forever.

I believe either Tippett or Blackmon tore his pec in that horrible 4th preseason game where we lost Lippett, Tippett, Blackmon, and one other I'm forgetting.

Garin Veris

Ray Lewis came back from a torn pectoral muscle, despite having some help last year. So there's a decent chance Mayo isn't lost for the season but the impact of not having him will hurt the defense immensly.

Not the same injury. He tore one of his triceps so did not require immediate surgery. Still 11 weeks. Anything is possible, but the 8 weeks return from a torn pec that people are tossing around is to my knowledge unprecedented.

Lewis returned to the Ravens defense for the playoffs after missing 11 weeks. He was sidelined by a Grade II strained triceps.

Ravens, Ray Lewis Handled Injury Just Right to Get Team, Player to Super Bowl | Bleacher Report

No, not Mayo.... we've lost everyone else this season. Not Mayo!!! :mad: There's only one way these injuries can get any worse, and I don't even want to think about it.

Chris Price is reporting 8 weeks while other outlets are saying it may be for the rest of the season. Here's hoping it might be a shot for the playoffs.

Seems that the guys at WEEI are saying 8 weeks and everyone else is saying the season.

Seems that the guys at WEEI are saying 8 weeks and everyone else is saying the season.

If it's the blowhard Mike Salk I say he knows nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents