PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REPORT: Brady Suffers Knee Sprain, MRI Negative

We NEED an adequate backup in case this type of injury happens during the season. While we may or may not agree that we are screwed if Brady is down for the season, certainly it advisable to have a solid backup just in case Brady is out for a month.

Who?

10 char

Apparently its either Tebow or Mallet. Not exactly Troy Aikman and Warren Moon there...

No, I mean who do you bring in? All this "get rid of the developmental QB" stuff is meaningless unless you can tell us who's available and better.

We NEED an adequate backup in case this type of injury happens during the season. While we may or may not agree that we are screwed if Brady is down for the season, certainly it advisable to have a solid backup just in case Brady is out for a month.

Who's going to do a better job than Mallet? Remember how bad Cassel always looked in the preseason?

Belichick's been working with Mallet for years now, and has enough confidence in him that he cut Hoyer. If it comes to that, we've gotta have some faith in the system.

Hmmm. Last 2 posts. One says solution is not in house. One says Mallets your guy.

I dont know...I dont have an answer for this one. I guess Mallet knows the system but I suppose the suggestion for someone more seasond and experienced might be what max is hinting at a la a Vinny T/Curt Warner kinda still hanging around guy.

never gonna happen...we went through this with Cassel....half the board just KNEW we had to bring in another QB...well...Belichick runs this team the way HE runs it.Brady down, Mallett next up...for better or worse, it is what it is. Arguing about gossamer wings and fairy godmothers letting wishes come true has no root in the reality of Patriot football.

Jeff Garcia? Chris Simms?

Mallett would be taking snaps if Brady went down for a period of time. He'd be on a pretty short leash and then the Tebow offense would be installed if he faltered. Tebow's the closest thing you're going to get to a proven veteran. He may be bad (judging by Mallett's performances, he would be too) but at least he'd be entertaining.

First game is Buffalo and the second is the Jest.

While these 2 divisional games are highly important, I think with our revamped offense and (hopefully) improving defense we could get by. 1-1 at the worst.

The silver lining would be less wear on Brady (hopefully, the tear is minor) for the rest of the season.

First game is Buffalo and the second is the Jest.

While these 2 divisional games are highly important, I think with our revamped offense and (hopefully) improving defense we could get by. 1-1 at the worst.

The silver lining would be less wear on Brady (hopefully, the tear is minor) for the rest of the season.

Oh come on! He will be ready to play by week 1 Jeesh. And anyone who just thinks we would just easily compete with these teams with Mallet or Tebow at the helm is nuts. They would be amped up to come at us without Brady. These teams are not easy to beat with TB

As another poster said a knee brace for Brady is a must.

As an aside, I suffered a severe knee sprain. The affects lasted for about
a week. Then after 8 or 9 days I woke up one morning and nothing.
The knee felt like nothing had ever happened. Joints are funny things.
Here's hopping.

Not to worry

They've got Scott Zolak on Shadow Roster aka "color analyst" in the radio booth

never gonna happen...we went through this with Cassel....half the board just KNEW we had to bring in another QB...well...Belichick runs this team the way HE runs it.Brady down, Mallett next up...for better or worse, it is what it is. Arguing about gossamer wings and fairy godmothers letting wishes come true has no root in the reality of Patriot football.

... and I was yelling the loudest about what a crappy pre-season Cassel was having and that we couldn't go into the season like that.

Sometimes it's great to be wrong. Cassell and the team looked nothing in the real season like they did in the pre-season.

I've always kept that in mind when looking at pre-season performances - and don't doubt that Mallett could rise to the occasion as the next man up just as Cassel did.

Cassel was throwing to two future Hall of Famers in their primes (one of whom is the second greatest WR to ever play the game) in an offense virtually unchanged from an undefeated season and was facing an historically easy schedule. Mallett wouldn't have either luxury even if he proved to be as competent a game manager as Cassel, of which I have my doubts.

Cassel was throwing to two future Hall of Famers in their primes (one of whom is the second greatest WR to ever play the game) in an offense virtually unchanged from an undefeated season and was facing an historically easy schedule.

And a top 10 defense and still managed to miss the playoffs.

The only thing that gets under my skin is when Brady/Pats haters use Cassel and that season as knock on Brady. They were 5 games worse than the year before.

Brady doesn't get injured they probably win the SB.

And a top 10 defense and still managed to miss the playoffs.

The only thing that gets under my skin is when Brady/Pats haters use Cassel and that season as knock on Brady. They were 5 games worse than the year before.

I don't think they would have beat the Dolphins in the Wildcat game, but other than that I think you're spot on. 15-1 and a ring that year, they were probably better than both teams in the Super Bowl even with Cassel.

7 games worse than the year before. 18-1 to 11-5.

The Colts were 8 games worse without Manning. The difference being the 2010 Colts were a 10 win team with Peyton and that much closer to rock bottom than the nearly perfect 2007 Patriots.

I don't think they would have beat the Dolphins in the Wildcat game, but other than that I think you're spot on. 15-1 and a ring that year, they were probably better than both teams in the Super Bowl even with Cassel.

Ya. Didn't the Pats have their best game of the year against the Cardinals? I think they beat them by 40 points.

And that Steelers game, There's just no way Brady turns it over 4 times, at that point in his career he had the Steelers defense figured out.

That is why when it is all said and done people realize how close this team was (just so far) to 7 rings. Sure they could have had zero but it wouldnt have taken much to make it 7. Obviously 2008 was the most hypothetical but with Brady that team would have been lethal.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back