PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Ventrone cut, Bussey to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: Ventrone Cut

That's going to upset a few people.

Might mean Slater is healthy. Might not.

Sad to see, but pretty much expected even with the Slater injury.

Good luck to Bubba.

I am somewhat surprised at Ventrone being cut... Though I had him on the bottom of my list as a possibility, the injury to Slater, whom I think will be IRed, had me pencilling "Bubba" back in.

This year's roster is going to be very interestin.

Ninkovich the 53rd then?

He has my vote. More long-term potential than any of the other options, IMO.

Figured there was a good possibility of this happening. He made some nice plays here and could still be around if needed. I'd he's not a Bronco or Chief soon.

Looking better for Ninkovich.

Well, I hope he catches on elsewhere. . . .

But I'll definitely miss him. :(

Well, I hope he catches on elsewhere. . . .

But I'll definitely miss him. :(

Same here. That's a guy who did anything and everything -- practice squad, shadow roster, offense, defense, kamikaze special teams -- to claw his way to a career in football. I bet he'll find himself a job.

Same here. That's a guy who did anything and everything -- practice squad, shadow roster, offense, defense, kamikaze special teams -- to claw his way to a career in football. I bet he'll find himself a job.

Well, he has to go through waivers, and he's out of PS eligibility, so I hope so.

Lost in that little nugget is the IR'ing of Bussey. Nice move.

He has my vote. More long-term potential than any of the other options, IMO.

Mine too. NinkovichFTW! Never really expected Ventrone to make the roster, though I def. hope he catches on with someone else.

Now, watching the Bengals on hard knocks, otoh, I couldn't help but feel that most of those cuts, if they weren't good enough to play for the Bengals, probably weren't playing anywhere. At least when the Pats cut a guy there are a few teams that are gong to give him a look.

He should catch on, he's a valuable player who has shown some skill and hopefully someone out there could use him.

If not...shadow roster. Keep in shape and hang out around the phone in a few weeks.

I really like Bubba....and his dedication to doing whatever it takes to win games...just didn't have enough this time..was not THAT surprised..as it seemed a numbers game..He'll be picked up by another AFC team...Den..KC...Cleve...who knows...I wish him the best. I agree..I think Ninkovitch is one who MAY make the team....
Bussey?? That news has not really been talked about on here...and with that, 3 down 10 to go. I was thinking 1 or 2 would be IRed..Bussey as a possibility..and that happened.

I really like Bubba....and his dedication to doing whatever it takes to win games...just didn't have enough this time..was not THAT surprised..as it seemed a numbers game..He'll be picked up by another AFC team...Den..KC...Cleve...who knows...I wish him the best. I agree..I think Ninkovitch is one who MAY make the team....

For Ventrone's sake, I hope not. . . .

The cuts dribbling out of Foxboro are the vets who are not PS eligible and who BB is giving a chance to hook on elsewhere. The cuts they hope to get through to the PS probably won't come out until tomorrow. If I am right, no news is good news for Lewis and Galloway, not so much for Ninko and Nunn.

Jamar Love just got cut, according to Ian Rapoport on Twitter. Not worth its own thread, imo.

Jamar Love just got cut, according to Ian Rapoport on Twitter. Not worth its own thread, imo.

And in other news. . . .

user-photo-101847-961735.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back