PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: Ventrone cut, Bussey to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reiss: Ventrone Cut

On a loaded team, the day of the ST-only players is drawing to a close.:cool:

Well, either that or we're going to be seeing a lot of Edelman this year. . . . :) :(

Ah, the Cult of the Unathletic White Guy....

Ah, the Cult of the Unathletic White Guy....

Ahem:

Selected to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette South Fabulous 22, he also owned three school records including the long jump (22 feet, 6 inches), triple jump (45-1) and the 100-meter dash (10.8 seconds).

Deemed just a bit small to play Division I-A by college scouts, Ventrone went on to play at Villanova, a respected Division I-AA program.

In 35 career games at safety for the Wildcats, Ventrone registered 251 total tackles, 19 tackles for loss, four fumble recoveries and two quarterback sacks.

Read more: PG South/West: 'Super' moment special for CV grad Ventrone

Bummed about Ventrone. He can do a lot of different things. Rats.

Not really. We're just getting more talented ST-only players. You don't go w/ ST-only players because you can't find good position players. You do it because ST are important and require players that are good at them. One has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited:

However loaded a team is, they still have to play special teams. If this part of the game is ignored, it could mean very poor field position. Some of the 'loaded' ones will have to play STs and unless they are versatile and can do the job, an ST player or two will usually make the team. So I do not see that as true at all.

What's your point? He may be a good athlete compared to you and me, but that's irrelevant. He's not a good athlete compared to your average NFL player, that's why he's a fringe player at very best. It's just mysterious to me why a guy like Ventrone is beloved around here, while people were practically cheering the injury to Slater. Slater is 10 times the athlete Ventrone is, and plays just as hard. This is the Cult of the Unathletic White Guy...

Slater is 10 times the athlete Ventrone is, and plays just as hard. This is the Cult of the Unathletic White Guy...
Since you are throwing out Crazy numbers..let me try this on for size..10 times?? Let me tell you this..it takes more than atheletic ability..to make it in the NFL....it takes brains and guts and Ventrone has MORE of those than Slater will ever have. Took a lot of athletic ability to get nailed for fair catch interference...I LIKE Slater but moronic platitudes like yours deserves only some back!

Since you are throwing out Crazy numbers..let me try this on for size..10 times?? Let me tell you this..it takes more than atheletic ability..to make it in the NFL....it takes brains and guts and Ventrone has MORE of those than Slater will ever have. Took a lot of athletic ability to get nailed for fair catch interference...I LIKE Slater but moronic platitudes like yours deserves only some back!

"brains" and "guts" are code for "white". Slater's a far better player. BB obviously thinks so.

hurt his knee.....wink wink.

Which is why he's going to have an operation, according to his agent ... nudge, nudge.

Which is why he's going to have an operation, according to his agent ... nudge, nudge.

He played last night, didn't he? Hope he comes out of that okay. Looking forward to watching him play in 2010.

Oh, and ... say no more. :)

"brains" and "guts" are code for "white". Slater's a far better player. BB obviously thinks so.

We don't know that Slater's going to end up on the 53, either.

In any case, Ventrone was active for every game he was healthy last year, so clearly he brought something to the table that BB liked/wanted; it just wasn't enough this year (or at the moment).

It's just mysterious to me why a guy like Ventrone is beloved around here, while people were practically cheering the injury to Slater.

Because Slater sux, that's why.

Slater is 10 times the athlete Ventrone is, and plays just as hard. This is the Cult of the Unathletic White Guy...

Slater's not even twice the athlete Ventrone is. 10 times? WTF does that even mean?

As long as teams take up a roster spot (and salary) for a long snapper that statement will never be true.

"brains" and "guts" are code for "white".

I don't even know where to begin with that reverse ignorance.

Slater's a far better player...BB obviously thinks so.

No he isn't...and Bill's wrong, again. In case you haven't noticed, Bill's been wrong more than once lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft