PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: RB Steven Jackson relayed that when Bill Belichick first called...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against Jackson and I'm glad they were able to get him at a time when there is really nothing available but I still have to call it as I see it and I didn't think he looked that good. Maybe a week of real action will improve his reactions and he will play better, we will see.

I don't think they should re-sign Blount. I like what he gave them but thought he dripped Off this season and get the impression he's not a hard worker offseason. As Sup said I would go both FA and draft at RB this off-season.

Ivan, don't you attribute any of that drop off to the offensive line? To me, that line is going to be the factor come playoffs. For better or for worse.

If Jackson has a successful postseason, I wonder if he'd come back next season.
I really like getting Jackson for the playoffs, as the risk is extremely low, and the reward doesn't have to be high at all to pay off. But even if he does play well, I'm not sure I want him for a full season. He hasn't exactly looked fast the last couple of seasons, and I'm not sure that he can keep up a high level of play for a full season. I'd much rather have him for a short period, like now, and then draft/sign some younger RBs in the off season

Ivan, don't you attribute any of that drop off to the offensive line? To me, that line is going to be the factor come playoffs. For better or for worse.

I think the line hurt but he looked slower to me. On the other hand he's a RB who isn't going to produce getting 10-12 carries, in a game, you need to give it to him 25 times and then he wears them down. I would like to see a young big back who can catch the ball from third draft.

Bolden spotted in warmup on 4 unit ST, this means a heavy dose of Jackson today.

Bolden spotted in warmup on 4 unit ST, this means a heavy dose of Jackson today.

In his pregame interview, BB mentioned that he expected Jackson to get more work today.

he looked better than blount imo

Go back and watch the games this year. For the most part Blount played really well. The o line sucked and only a guy like Lewis could get anything out of the blocking.

He certainly looks a lot better today. Yee haw

Is Jackson the second coming of Keith Byars for the Patriots?

He looked good enough to win with in the playoffs today, IMO.

the gameplan was to get run with jackson

**** you josh

2.5 YPC but he did have a few good bruising runs in there, and I feel the low YPC was more of a product of our woeful OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes