PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss mock: Kareem Jackson @ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patchick...I keep running into you on different threads all morning. Don't you just love draft day.

While I think Jackson would fit in nicely with our defense, I don't think we should or need to draft him at #22. I'd rather take a guy like Al Verner at #53.

He was my pick in the "Dream Draft" thread from last night.

He doesn't have the crazy upside that some have. But I want guys who can transition to the NFL. I like that Jackson has played for a tough coach. I like that he has played a variety of schemes and techniques. It makes him more NFL ready and it makes scouting him easier because he's done more of the things he'll be asked to do.

I'd sacrifice some ceiling to gain some floor, I'd sacrifice some athleticism to get a man instead of a boy. That's why I want Jackon. And Teo'o Nesheim. And Alualu.

I would also like to get another CB, I like Bodden, I like Butler's upside. I think we could use a really good #3 CB and Wilhite would be a fine #4. With so many 3+ WR sets, the #3 CB is almost a starter. Not only is Wilhite iffy in that role but we're one injury away from JAGs from being the #3 guy. I'm one of the few who sees CB as a need.

I agree that if there's a CB that Belichick likes enough at 22, he might go there. We're thinner at CB than we appear, but a lot depends on what BB thinks of Springs and Wheatley at this point (I would bet not a whole lot).

Haven't seen this mentioned much, but we are incredibly thin at ILB--Mayo: concern that he's not as good post injury; Guyton: JAG ILB; McKenzie: nothing but a question mark. Without AD, that's it. That's some serious lack of depth and talent up the middle, so I would be looking there right now. (Unless maybe the time has finally come to return to the 4-3. Who knows.)

Last edited:
Congrats to BF, Box and the rest of you for seeing the need at corner. I must admit that I didn't see it at all. I've been so focused on D-line/pass rush that I overlooked taking a corner this high as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back