PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rick Gosselin's Mock #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seneschal2

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Continuing the annual tradition of posting Gosselin's three mock drafts, this is his first.

Mock #1 is based on his own draft board (top 32). Mock #2 is based on team needs. His final mock #3 is based who he thinks each team will actually select.

His Pats pick: Victoria Advocate | A look at the best players on the first-round board

22. New England Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

Patriots managed only 31 sacks last season
---

Not an earth shattering selection for sure, but notice that Jerry Hughes/Brian Price/Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas/Mike Iupati/Devin McCourty/Karemm Jackson/ are all selected after the Pats pick -- and Jared Odrick was not selected at all.

Continuing the annual tradition of posting Gosselin's three mock drafts, this is his first.

Mock #1 is based on his own draft board (top 32). Mock #2 is based on team needs. His final mock #3 is based who he thinks each team will actually select.

His Pats pick: Victoria Advocate | A look at the best players on the first-round board

---

Not an earth shattering selection for sure, but notice that Jerry Hughes/Brian Price/Dez Bryant/Demaryius Thomas/Mike Iupati/Devin McCourty/Karemm Jackson/ are all selected after the Pats pick -- and Jared Odrick was not selected at all.

Gosselin is one of the better predictors out there, so it's interesting to note who he thinks will fall. Thanks for the post.

I get the feeling draft #3 will look almost identical to draft #1.

The only wrench in the works is the Raiders. You never know what they are going to do.

Bruce Campbell is not in round 1.

The only Gosselin draft that matters is the one he puts out the day prior to the Draft.

---

i don't see how CJ Spiller drops down to 20. interesting how he has Matthews gong to Seattle, Spiller going to Houston and Best going to SD. THat doesn't give us many options for RB in round 2. I would expect the Pats to take Ben Tate in Round 2 then. Jonathan Dwyer will be gone in early round 2 before we even have a chance.

Last edited:
I get the feeling draft #3 will look almost identical to draft #1.

The only wrench in the works is the Raiders. You never know what they are going to do.

Bruce Campbell is not in round 1.

the raiders always like those speed guys. Taylor Mays ran a 4.3 in the 40 so I expect them to consider him strongly.

This mock has nothing to do with who gosselin thinks will fall. It is a draft totally focused on teams needs.

His second mock will be based on BPA.

The third (which will come out on the day of the draft) will be the only one based on predictions of what will happen.

An example is JAX drafting Graham. I just don't think that this will happen at 10. JAX can move down a bit and still draft Graham. And Morgan is just not the kind of flashy player that OAK drafts in the first round.

Gosselin is one of the better predictors out there, so it's interesting to note who he thinks will fall. Thanks for the post.

Last edited:
This mock has nothing to do with who gosselin thinks will fall. It is a draft totally focused on teams needs.

The third (which will come out on the day of the draft) will be the only one based on predictions of what will happen.

An example is JAX drafting Graham. I just don't think that this will happen at 10. JAX can move down a bit and still draft Graham. And Morgan is just not the kind of flashy player that OAK drafts in the first round.

i think gosselin's drafts are way overrated. his last year's final mock was not very accurate outside the top 5. i mean he had mark sanchez going to the redskins at 14. mayock's drafts are a little bit more accurate. but still people act like these guys have a 75% accuracy rate which is far from true.

The only Gosselin draft that matters is the one he puts out the day prior to the Draft.
Exactly, this one and the next one are useless.

i think gosselin's drafts are way overrated. his last year's final mock was not very accurate outside the top 5. i mean he had mark sanchez going to the redskins at 14. mayock's drafts are a little bit more accurate. but still people act like these guys have a 75% accuracy rate which is far from true.

Just a piece of information.

The Huddle report keeps a 3 year running tally of how the talking heads really do. In 2006, Gosselin was the best. And Gosselin, over the last 3 years is tied for being the best.

The Huddle Report - NFL Draft Research and Analysis

Gosselin tends to be more right than wrong. And none of their mock drafts take into consideration trades. So, to penalize them for that is just silly.

Nolan Nawrocki had 15 hits last year.

In addition, Gosselin's final top 100 is the best in the business. While his final 100 is posted the day before the draft, the position listings are posted earlier, starting today.

It helps me to have Gosselin's position listings and top 100 printed out before watching the draft. It helps prevent WTF moments, as for example when we looked up Vollmer and Ohrnberger and found them surprisingly high in the top 100, while their names were sometimes difficult to find in other listings.

The Huddle report keeps a 3 year running tally of how the talking heads really do. In 2006, Gosselin was the best. And Gosselin, over the last 3 years is tied for being the best.

Gosselin tends to be more right than wrong. And none of their mock drafts take into consideration trades. So, to penalize them for that is just silly.

Thanks for the clarification.

okay, thanks for correcting me.

I don't see how CJ Spiller drops down to 20. Interesting how he has Matthews going to Seattle, Spiller going to Houston and Best going to SD. That doesn't give us many options for RB in round 2. I would expect the Pats to take Ben Tate in Round 2 then. Jonathan Dwyer will be gone in early round 2 before we even have a chance.

Do you really think that Bill drafts a RB during round 2? I don't think he does, nor do I want him to do so, unless it's Dexter McCluster, esp. if he doesn't like whoever is left at WR, or maybe in addition to whomever he has already chosen at WR.

McCluster + WR + Pass-Rushing OLB + disruptive DE would = a real good first 2 days.

Do you really think that Bill drafts a RB during round 2? I don't think he does, nor do I want him to do so, unless it's Dexter McCluster, esp. if he doesn't like whoever is left at WR, or maybe in addition to whomever he has already chosen at WR.

McCluster + WR + Pass-Rushing OLB + disruptive DE would = a real good first 2 days.

i assume we will draft a RB in round 2 since we have 3 picks to spare. I am not familiar with Dexter McCluster. Is he worth picking over say someone like Jahvid Best or Ben Tate?

i assume we will draft a RB in round 2 since we have 3 picks to spare. I am not familiar with Dexter McCluster. Is he worth picking over say someone like Jahvid Best or Ben Tate?

I think so, because of his versatility as a Returner, RB & WR. Best & Tate may have better straight-line speed, but McCluster has a little better side-to-side speed. While he won't be as effective consistently running btwn the Tackles as Best & Tate, he can still be used there occasionally.

I'd rather wait until the 6th/7th rounds to see if maybe Lonnyae Miller, James Starks, Joique Bell or Anthony Dixon are still avail. as the 1st/2nd-down backs you are seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes