PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: How Favre deal impacts Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the topic of Moss...
Pennington :disagreement: Brady

he would be a locker room cancer!

Last edited:
Is Chad likely to assume the role as a backup anywhere yet? With the # of teams needing a decent qb, and the opportunities to compete against mid level qbs for a starting job, idk why he would want to come to a place where his only hopes of playing are:
a. Numerous blowouts
or
b. The situation that shall not be spoken of.

On the topic of Moss...

I assume you are joking. Pennington wouldn't come to the Pats unless he was willing to accept the responsibility of holding the clipboard. Besides, the second he started to be a cancer vs. Brady, there would be about 51 other players who would kill the guy. To be a locker room cancer, you gotta have guys who will listen to you and agree with you. Not a single player would take Pennington's side vs. Brady. Not even Moss.

Last edited:
On the topic of Moss...

Naaaaah... you really think? I think Pennington would know his role and I think Moss is experienced enough to know as well.

People like Mike who persist in making the snap judgement that this has to improve the JETS are not taking into account that Farve doesn't know the system, has never played in one like it, is not inclined to be cerebral enough to make any kind of transition on the fly - let alone at 39, will be operating with an agenda which may preclude even listening to Mangidiot and Co., and he's spent his entire career in another conference where QB play over the last several seasons has been diluted to the point that it's the transitional equivalent of playing in MLB's National league as a pitcher. Here he will face defenses used to matching up against the likes of Brady, Manning, Roethlisberger, Garrard, Rivers, Palmer, Anderson... and a fan base and media not beholdin' to him and devoid of midwest sensibilities.

In Tampa he'd have had a half a chance at extracting some revenge. In the Big Apple, he's got a better shot at really flumoxing his already damaged legacy. Remember how Drew was a QB on a HOF path statistically even as he exited Foxboro? This won't change the fact that Farve will get in, but it just might make his path a little bumpier as people come to realize that a lot of his hype was generated due to luck and longevity and good old boy personality.

Last edited:
Is Chad likely to assume the role as a backup anywhere yet? With the # of teams needing a decent qb, and the opportunities to compete against mid level qbs for a starting job, idk why he would want to come to a place where his only hopes of playing are:
a. Numerous blowouts
or

He wouldn't. But people always want to upgrade whomever is backing Brady up with any QB whose ever started anywhere just because... It's human nature amongst a fan base that is now never satisfied to see the devil they don't know as preferable to the one the think they know based on TC observations. The difference being one has thrown all his INTS and made all his bone head mistakes on someone elses nickle. Surely here he would be wonderful...

How Pats fans would embrace Pennington in any way without laughing is hard for me to grasp.

A typical long pass play would be called like this "Randy go long, if the ball does not make it there, Jabar will be trailing about 10 yards behind you, Wes, run around in circles about 20 yards out and see if the ball falls anywhere near you if it does not make it to Jabar. Kevin, hang out at the LOS. You will be the primary unintended receiver."

How Pats fans would embrace Pennington in any way without laughing is hard for me to grasp.

A typical long pass play would be called like this "Randy go long, if the ball does not make it there, Jabar will be trailing about 10 yards behind you, Wes, run around in circles about 20 yards out and see if the ball falls anywhere near you if it does not make it to Jabar. Kevin, hang out at the LOS. You will be the primary unintended receiver."

He went deep on us a couple of times.

a. Numerous blowouts
or

He wouldn't. But people always want to upgrade whomever is backing Brady up with any QB whose ever started anywhere just because... It's human nature amongst a fan base that is now never satisfied to see the devil they don't know as preferable to the one the think they know based on TC observations. The difference being one has thrown all his INTS and made all his bone head mistakes on someone elses nickle. Surely here he would be wonderful...
I agree he is not LIKELY to want to come here, but here are three reasons he MIGHT:

1. To stick it to Mangidiot and the team that cut him
2. To be reunited with ole buddy Moss
3. To have the best possible odds of winning a Super Bowl (per Vegas)

20 yards deep doesn't count.

People are forgetting the multiple times that Pennington carved us up. He's smart and one of the most accurate QBs in the league; with New England's playmakers, why wouldn't he play well if he was in there?

People are forgetting the multiple times that Pennington carved us up. He's smart and one of the most accurate QBs in the league; with New England's playmakers, why wouldn't he play well if he was in there?

Someone here posted the CHFF analysis that Penny had a better career rating than Tommy Boy until last year. Cerebral, game manager, fits BB's outlook for a vet. It won't happen because desperate teams will give him money and a starting opportunity. BB would likely offer considerably less $ and certainly NO starting opportunity. Were I to be wrong and Penny signed, it's goodbye Cassel AND Gutz.

He would be a backup.

A backup with a weak arm is miles ahead of an arm without a brain in a pressure situation.

You might recall a cerebral second year quarterback who hardly ever went long in 2000-2001?

Of course Penny could be an upgrade over the meatheads currently starting on most teams I'll grant.

On the topic of Moss...

I guess my jokes need more punch (or kool aid)

I sure wouldn't mind Penny as a backup, since he has shown that he can fill the cerebral role of QB, despite the arm strength.

Even better would be if he can swipe the Quiznos Sub napkins that Mangini writes his playbook on! :D

Why wouldnt he end up in KC or Miami? he could/would start for either of those teams.

Why wouldnt he end up in KC or Miami? he could/would start for either of those teams.

interesting no one is mentioning herm and kc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents