PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss explains Jabaal Sheard benching

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listenimg to NFL radio this morning. Ross tucker and Booger McFarland.
Tucker said " there really are fans out there that want their team to lose so they can be right about their criticism." Booger said "yeah" with a silent SMH

I dont understand that. Why even be a fan?

I disagree. Wild speculating on something when you dont know the truth is irresponsible. Thats not what i want from sports journalists/media.

You're trolling with this, right? Belichick leaves Sheard behind, as a healthy scratch, and doesn't say why, and you think the media isn't going to speculate? The media wouldn't be doing its job if it didn't speculate.

Reaction that he was inactive is separate from traction that he didn't make the trip meaning he was being punished and due to be cut because it was unheard of to leave him behind. I believed that it was unheard of myself.

He was being punished a/k/a benched.

You're trolling with this, right?
no im serious. when the news 1st broke, guys like reiss and curran said it was a little strange-but they didnt wildly speculate on why w/o knowing. Thats the kind of reporting i want not just in sports. do your damn job. dont make **** up.

no im serious.

Then lay off the drugs.

when the news 1st broke, guys like reiss and curran said it was a little strange-but they didnt wildly speculate on why w/o knowing. Thats the kind of reporting i want not just in sports. do your damn job. dont make **** up.

Really?

Sheard's playing time reduction last week and the possibility he's a healthy scratch in the wake of the team's trade of Jamie Collins during the bye week would be another indication that things are sour between the coaching staff and some of the defensive players.

Trading Chandler Jones and Collins and the reduced role for Sheard are to me indications that the looming free agent status for each player has been such a focal point it's undermined the 2016 performance.

Report: Jabaal Sheard not on Patriots trip to San Francisco

I was listenimg to NFL radio this morning. Ross tucker and Booger McFarland.
Tucker said " there really are fans out there that want their team to lose so they can be right about their criticism." Booger said "yeah" with a silent SMH

They also start "I told you so" threads. :D

He was being punished a/k/a benched.
perhaps you missed the speculation flying around about him not only being benched but also not making the trip which was being considered an unusual extra measure.
There was speculation on this board that he would be cut because he was left home instead of traveling and being inactive, that he told BB he was going to kneel for the anthem so BB told him to stay home and other examples of hysteria.

The conversation on the board was that it was an unprecedented step to leave a healthy inactive home.

You're trolling with this, right? Belichick leaves Sheard behind, as a healthy scratch, and doesn't say why, and you think the media isn't going to speculate? The media wouldn't be doing its job if it didn't speculate.
i disagree. thats not their job.

Once again, BB was/is protecting a player who's been playing like crap. Not once in 16 years has BB ever thrown a player under the bus. Not once. Stupid friggin mediots. The true journalists like reiss know whats up. As for why sheard has been playing so poorly, dont have a clue. But he knows why he was benched and left behind and im sure hes grateful for BB protecting him. A lot of Hc's dont always do that.
You blast "mediots" (and how about we give that lame word a rest) for "speculating" about Sheard and then go off on this bizarre riff about Belichick "protecting" him and you're "sure he's grateful??" What? Grateful for being left behind? For being benched? And how is that not speculation?

You blast "mediots" (and how about we give that lame word a rest) for "speculating" about Sheard and then go off on this bizarre riff about Belichick "protecting" him and you're "sure he's grateful??" What? Grateful for being left behind? For being benched? And how is that not speculation?

jeez dude, unbunch your panties. "bizarre riff"? of course he was protecting him-by not telling the media that he was benched due to poor play. BB has never said that about a player. And duh, jethro, obviously i was referring to sheard being grateful for BB not telling the media he was benched for playing like crap. When ive heard other HC's (like bruce arians earlier this year), have no qualms about throwing a player under the bus.

jeez dude, unbunch your panties. "bizarre riff"? of course he was protecting him-by not telling the media that he was benched due to poor play. BB has never said that about a player. And duh, jethro, obviously i was referring to sheard being grateful for BB not telling the media he was benched for playing like crap. When ive heard other HC's (like bruce arians earlier this year), have no qualms about throwing a player under the bus.
You sound like an idiot.

You sound like an idiot.
Uh,ok. Thats a real rational response. in other words you were just made to look like afool and you have nothing of substance to say. Gotcha.

Uh,ok. Thats a real rational response. in other words you were just made to look like afool and you have nothing of substance to say. Gotcha.
No, I was just trying to help you. Your posts make you sound stupid.

Sheard being inactive is one thing. being left behind because he didnt play well is another. I dont know of another instance this happened . I guess even marquise hill traveled with the team and even Stevan ridley who was deactivated due to his fumbles went to houston. So it seems more of play + disciplinary. And the fact that sheard didnt care and posted pictures from the celtics game probably indicates where his mind at. I wonder how much of all this is related to contract squabbles.

No, I was just trying to help you. Your posts make you sound stupid.
So youre saying BB has thrown players under the bus to the media? or that other hc's havent? and that sheard would prefer that bb tell the media he was benched because he has flatout sucked lately? which is it? i

So youre saying BB has thrown players under the bus to the media? or that other hc's havent? and that sheard would prefer that bb tell the media he was benched because he has flatout sucked lately? which is it? i
First of all, breathe. The random "i" at the end there makes it seem like you had a stroke.

You say how much you hate "speculation" then make the weird suggestion that Sheard would be grateful for being benched and left behind in Boston. That's dopey. It's not a question of Belichick throwing someone "under the bus," but it's hardly protecting the player to do what he did. Nor do I care about that, he's doing what he feels is best for the team. But at least understand what he did. You and @AndyJohnson are taking a strange "nothing to see here, folks" attitude toward a situation which is anything but typical. The conversation around the move wasn't hysteria, but completely expected speculation and discussion.

First of all, breathe. The random "i" at the end there makes it seem like you had a stroke.

You say how much you hate "speculation" then make the weird suggestion that Sheard would be grateful for being benched and left behind in Boston. That's dopey. It's not a question of Belichick throwing someone "under the bus," but it's hardly protecting the player to do what he did. Nor do I care about that, he's doing what he feels is best for the team. But at least understand what he did. You and @AndyJohnson are taking a strange "nothing to see here, folks" attitude toward a situation which is anything but typical. The conversation around the move wasn't hysteria, but completely expected speculation and discussion.
No I am "taking the approach" that the initial reaction was that ID was an extraordinary move to leave him home and we have now learned through Reiss that the common practice is that 3-4 healthy inactives get left home.

So all of the speculation about "not only is he inactive they even went so far as to leave him home in an unprecedented move" was incorrect.

Dude. you know damn well what i said. either youre being disingenuous or youre really a knucklehead. as i said before-bb was protecting sheard by not telling the media that he was benched for poor play. and again, as i said twice before , sheard would be grateful that bb didnt throw him under the bus to the media, as many other hc's have done. With that, im done repeating myself. Yes, it was hysteria. kinda like a lot of your posts. im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents