PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss explains Jabaal Sheard benching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, BB was/is protecting a player who's been playing like crap. Not once in 16 years has BB ever thrown a player under the bus. Not once. Stupid friggin mediots. The true journalists like Reiss know whats up.

As for why Sheard has been playing so poorly, don't have a clue. But he knows why he was benched and left behind and I am sure he is grateful for BB protecting him. A lot of HC's don't always do that.

I hope he's grateful; I'm not sure he is though. It's gonna cost him $ this season and lowered his FA price.
Well,youd think hed man up and start playing better. Whether he does or not, it will tell us a lot about him and whether hes worth keeping. Fact is, he was balling last year.

The interesting part of that article was the fact that Coleman and foster were also left behind and 3-4 inactives typically are. So the hysteria of what he did wrong to not only be inactive but also not travel was incorrect.

The interesting part of that article was the fact that Coleman and foster were also left behind and 3-4 inactives typically are. So the hysteria of what he did wrong to not only be inactive but also not travel was incorrect.
But that doesnt fit the narrative.

Foster made sense because of Lewis.
Coleman's not a "big" money player, and he's been a borderline player.
Sheard is supposed to be part of the solution.

The hysteria, such as it was, was well warranted. Sheard was supposed to be a big part of what was hoped to make this defense a top unit.

But that doesnt fit the narrative.
I was listenimg to NFL radio this morning. Ross tucker and Booger McFarland.
Tucker said " there really are fans out there that want their team to lose so they can be right about their criticism." Booger said "yeah" with a silent SMH

Does this mean that Sheard wasn't left home because he was going to take a knee with Kaeperdick during the anthem?

Hopefully a wake up call followed by some better football by Sheard....

The hysteria, such as it was, was well warranted. Sheard was supposed to be a big part of what was hoped to make this defense a top unit.
Reaction that he was inactive is separate from traction that he didn't make the trip meaning he was being punished and due to be cut because it was unheard of to leave him behind. I believed that it was unheard of myself.

I was all in on the Sheard bandwagon last season. Expected another step up this year. Bummed.
It seemed he would step in and play well but flowers is starting to look like what sheard was expected to be.

You heard him shake his head over the radio? o_O
Well since I used the word silent that would be no. Clearly I was talking about his tone of voice.

I disagree. Wild speculating on something when you dont know the truth is irresponsible. Thats not what i want from sports journalists/media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back