PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss expects Pats to be fined-deflategate? No farking way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doyel was on an anti-Patriots crusade for a solid month (from the day after the AFCCG to his "Everyone Lost" column on 2/20.) Everything was on the table for him: Fines, suspensions for players and coaches, loss of draft picks, kicking the Patriots out of the SB. He never presented his position as "If the Patriots did something wrong..." He portrayed them as 100% guilty from the very beginning and mocked anyone who presented an alternative viewpoint.

Now, he's going from equating this situation to the 1919 Black Sox to saying it's not very significant and the Patriots may receive the same sort of fine a player would get for a uniform violation. The guy who spent a month firing up simple-minded Patriots haters with his columns and tweets now says he doesn't want to be part of the story any more. He was even displeased when Minihane brought up how over the top his reactions were in Jan/Feb.

It's funny, in a way, that he believes he can run a smear campaign on a team and it's fans and then expect everyone one to let things slide and walk away when he's grown bored of the story.

I listened to the recent WEEI interview with Doyel. It was funny hearing him whine about not expecting to answer questions about his comments. At one point I thought he was going to start crying.

Once the Wells report comes out we should deal with Doyel and those like him, no matter what the investigation comes up with. We should also go after some of these players who were taking pot shots at our team, like Crybaby Brunell and Jerry "Stickum" Rice.

Just because Kraft and Belichick may have to deal with a gag order, as they had to during Crygate, it doesn't mean that we fans have to sit back and take it too.

For all of those dipsticks, Winter is Coming.

I'm now guessing the league will dump the Wells report around the draft.....where it won't be the number 1 NFL story.

Last edited:
I'm now guessing the league will dump the Wells report around the draft.....it won't be the number 1 NFL story.

The draft will be the number two story.

The top story will be the unprecedented booing and abuse of goodie when he takes the stage.

Let's step back and think about the non-stories of the dog not barking in the night.

The NFL ruled on all the team issues before than EXCEPT for 2.
Both remaining issues regard the NE Patriots.
There is some perverse linkage in what passes for the minds in the league front office between the Jets tampering charge and the shortly thereafter psi debacle.
Could it be that the league is attempting to find some way to use a faux punishment of the Pats to negate the multiple precedent of awarding swapped draft picks to a team affected by tampering?
I think the non-Patriots members of the NFL club are terrified of a Patriots org with improved draft collateral. It's bad enough that the Pats get a 3rd round comp pick. They're in a panic that as long as Brady takes the field with BB as the HC, the Pats are a serious threat to win another SB or at the very least beat a couple of them in the AFC playoffs (I'm talking about you Colts, Donks, Ravens, et.al.).

Let's step back and think about the non-stories of the dog not barking in the night.

The NFL ruled on all the team issues before than EXCEPT for 2.
Both remaining issues regard the NE Patriots.
There is some perverse linkage in what passes for the minds in the league front office between the Jets tampering charge and the shortly thereafter psi debacle.
Could it be that the league is attempting to find some way to use a faux punishment of the Pats to negate the multiple precedent of awarding swapped draft picks to a team affected by tampering?
I think the non-Patriots members of the NFL club are terrified of a Patriots org with improved draft collateral. It's bad enough that the Pats get a 3rd round comp pick. They're in a panic that as long as Brady takes the field with BB as the HC, the Pats are a serious threat to win another SB or at the very least beat a couple of them in the AFC playoffs (I'm talking about you Colts, Donks, Ravens, et.al.).

While I really believe that the league will not be able to defy logic and sanction the Patriots for no wrongdoing it is pretty much impossible to argue that the league office conducts itself professionally or without bias. The Wells Report is long overdue imo and the delay in ruling on the Jets tampering is inexcusable. If I were Robert Kraft or anyone in the Patriots organization i would be seriously pissed of at the way the league office conducts business and routinely hangs them out to dry.

While I really believe that the league will not be able to defy logic and sanction the Patriots for no wrongdoing it is pretty much impossible to argue that the league office conducts itself professionally or without bias. The Wells Report is long overdue imo and the delay in ruling on the Jets tampering is inexcusable. If I were Robert Kraft or anyone in the Patriots organization i would be seriously pissed of at the way the league office conducts business and routinely hangs them out to dry.
Except for the sanctioning of the Pats, I couldn't agree with you more. I just hope that Kraft is p'od enough and powerful enoughto do something about the Jets alumni club that runs the NFL.

.................................. The Wells Report is long overdue imo and the delay in ruling on the Jets tampering is inexcusable. If I were Robert Kraft or anyone in the Patriots organization i would be seriously pissed of at the way the league office conducts business and routinely hangs them out to dry.
If they do, I hope he takes this approach....

Except for the sanctioning of the Pats, I couldn't agree with you more. I just hope that Kraft is p'od enough and powerful enoughto do something about the Jets alumni club that runs the NFL.

Amen.
I think that Bobby was either unaware (unlikely) or more likely unconcerned about the Jets Alumni frathouse in NFL HQ. He thought it was of no real concern. I believe that the psi mess finally raised his awareness and convinced him that those bozos are a clear and present danger to his franchise.

Kraft needed to listen, and understand. Those Jets employees are out there. They can't be bargained with. They can't be reasoned with. They don't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And they absolutely will not stop, ever, until your franchise is destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft