PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorry Tampa but there's "No more my bad, everything has to be perfect"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are so many Patsfans awake all hours of the morning? The internet isn't addictive

Yikes

But something dawned on me during this last rewatch. I don't need to post a video. I don't need any feedback. Because I've already seen the problem and I know what the answer is. It's Hightower, McCourty, BB, and MP.

This team is stocked with Super Bowl winning leaders. There is no way that they let this **** show continue.
So sorry Tampa but General Hightower , Colonel McCourty and the rest of the crew are about to wreck your freaking day.
We've seen this movie before. And it ends well.

OK. I accept your hypothesis; "no way" it continues. So, what's a reasonable explanation for how "this **** show" happened in the first place with what we all acknowledge are "Super Bowl winning leaders?"

Opening day. Long hangover. Human nature. Too many great headlines for even a seasoned crew. Too many guys believed what they read. I get that. That loss actually didn't bother me...I didn't like it, but it didn't have me worried. Reid teams tend to start strong before the inevitable late season or playoff flop.

But what's the explanation for how they've given up 128 points in four games? Real question.

Im hoping for an 'onto cincinatti' type performance. We've looked pretty hurrendous but i agree too much leadershipt and secondary talent for this to continue imo. If this team finds its niche the first 4 weeks mean nothing likely- see 2003 and 2014 (tho if kc keeps this up may be hard to pass them regardless)

Every week after a game I like to look at the all-22 to see what went right and what went wrong. Afterwards I've enjoyed posting screenshots or game film and reading the feedback from the numerous knowledgeable posters and learning from their input

But Tony, but I REALLY liked the screenshots you put together and looked forward to your comments and the comments that people made from those screenshots.

Sorry, but you have made the critical mistake of doing good work and now we have come to expect it EVERY week. Don't disappoint us again. ;)

But Tony, but I REALLY liked the screenshots you put together and looked forward to your comments and the comments that people made from those screenshots.

Sorry, but you have made the critical mistake of doing good work and now we have come to expect it EVERY week. Don't disappoint us again. ;)

Thanks Ken.

OK. I accept your hypothesis; "no way" it continues. So, what's a reasonable explanation for how "this **** show" happened in the first place with what we all acknowledge are "Super Bowl winning leaders?"

Opening day. Long hangover. Human nature. Too many great headlines for even a seasoned crew. Too many guys believed what they read. I get that. That loss actually didn't bother me...I didn't like it, but it didn't have me worried. Reid teams tend to start strong before the inevitable late season or playoff flop.

But what's the explanation for how they've given up 128 points in four games? Real question.

I've been looking for that answer but don't really have one.

@PP2 mentioned to look at the issues they're having with bunch formations and he's right. That and man in motion seems to confuse them. ( I'll post a video of that in the rewatch thread later).

So maybe they do what some have suggested which is to keep Gilmore in man all game. It's a short week so I can't imagine fixing the communication issues in two days.

Further I'd like to see at least one of the receivers in a bunch formation get jammed at the line of scrimmage to throw the timing off and possibly negate a pick play.

Side note: Gilmore has caught a ton of flack this week and most of it deservedly but despite his mistakes the guy plays hard and hits hard so the effort is there. Maybe playing man would take advantage of his aggressiveness.

But whatever they do I can't see how they could not be better. Too much talent and too much leadership.

I feel like my posts have devolved into reposting the same three or four points over and over again, typically followed by a lot of insults directed at me. But one of those oft-repeated points is that I think this board and the NFL generally completely underestimates the extraordinary and unique nature of the 2016 team. I don't know of another team ever with the courage, the intelligence and the heart of the 2016 team. And I don't think there has ever been a game like SBLI in which all those characteristics fused into surreal apotheosis.

Comparing that team, with its glorious clockwork complex plays, on offense and defense, to the 2017 team is just poignant.

I feel like my posts have devolved into reposting the same three or four points over and over again, typically followed by a lot of insults directed at me. But one of those oft-repeated points is that I think this board and the NFL generally completely underestimates the extraordinary and unique nature of the 2016 team. I don't know of another team ever with the courage, the intelligence and the heart of the 2016 team. And I don't think there has ever been a game like SBLI in which all those characteristics fused into surreal apotheosis.

Comparing that team, with its glorious clockwork complex plays, on offense and defense, to the 2017 team is just poignant.

Did you feel the same way when they benched Brady in game 4 of the 2014 season? I didn't. Because I knew it was week 4.

Did you feel the same way when they benched Brady in game 4 of the 2014 season? I didn't. Because I knew it was week 4.
I felt that way at the half in SBLI I admit. So if you want to say I'm wrong sometimes, I was definitely wrong then.

I felt that way at the half in SBLI I admit. So if you want to say I'm wrong sometimes, I was definitely wrong then.

No that's not my point. My point is that it's only week 4. It's actually part of the season when each team has game film on all the other teams. No one's better at studying game film than the Pats. It's the Pink Stripes part of the season. It's also the part of the season when players start getting settled into their roles. I guarantee that this defense will get better. There is no way BB will have a 30th ranked scoring D. No way. I'd bet that by the end of the season this D will be one of the top 10 in the league. Whether that's by adding someone else to the roster or getting the current guys on board.

The Super Bowl was a bit different. Historic deficit etc... But I've been watching Brady for his whole career and he has this ridiculous ability to pull victories out of his ass. It's insane. We'll never see something like him again. That's why I didn't think it was over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3