PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss: An ominous sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind have a player of the quality of Alex Barron on the team as an inactive backup, to be activated as the Game Day backup only if there were an injury, actually playing only if there are two injuries.

I don't think that we can afford to have top players as the #8 and #9 OL's.

If Ojinnaka and LeVoir are as bad as Barron, I mind having them on the team as inactive backups. I mind a great deal, because Barron is downright awful. I expect a general level of competence out of the team's backups. After all, isn't what we should expect when we hear about the Patriots pay structure being designed to generate quality depth?

I agree with all these statements. But then, it seems obvious that Connolly is the question mark. We don't have issues with Light, Koppen, Neal and Vollmer.

I also agree that many underestimate the quality of Kaczur's play. When he comes back, we will have Kaczur and Wendell as backups, or Connolly and Wendell as backups, an upgrade over LeVoir. Obviously signing Mankins and having Kaczur healthy would be even better.

While you may think that LeVoir and Ojinnaka are weak players, I don't think that they are terrible as #8 and #9 OL's. Having players who have started in the league at #8 and #9 is a plus.

Connolly didn't earn his starting position. He's the third string left guard. He got his starting position because the two players in front of him are unavailable.

Connolly, the big question mark on this offensive line, was getting help from a guy who's got to take the brunt of the initial assault. That's fine against a team like the Bengals, but it's much less likely to work out against teams that can pressure up the middle. When Jenkins/Ngata/etc... are taking up Koppen's time, Connolly will have his time to show what he can do.

I've consistently stated that I expect the Patriots to win the division. .
No, those statements are not correct.
Connolly was the backup G last year. The fact that Kaczur spent one practice at LG does not mean he beat out Connolly for he job.
Otherwise that means Burgess is our starting OLB and Fernando Bryant has just missed the bus for the last 2 years.
Connolly got no more help than normal from Koppen. Brushchi pointed out the Koppen helped Connolly "at times". Well thats his job vs a 43. He is uncovered, Dont buy into The Narcicist exxagerating things to confirm the weak arguments he made during the preseason.

I've consistently stated that I expect the Patriots to win the division. When we did the preseason game-by-game assessment of the Patriots versus the schedule, I had them up around 14-2, and noted that I'd have to find more losses for them because that was probably being overly optimistic.

In short, you make the same mistakes that so many others here do. You confuse analysis and troubleshooting with final judgment. Then again, calling me out specifically while not having anything to bring to the table demonstrates that you're really just posting about an agenda, and not about anything factual.

Homo!

Sorry, I mean Homer!

I figured 11-5 but wining the AFCE and improving on D in December

I think LeVoir is better than you think, but still not that good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes