PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

redsox and the playoffs

My goodness. A Yankee fan as the voice of reason in a RedSox thread? :eek: LOL!.

Relax people. Both the Tigers and Cardinals limped into the post season last year, and I think they faired fine. I can understand being concerned with the crappy play of late, but the Sox key starter pitchers have been good, and in the playoffs, that's really what matters most.

My goodness. A Yankee fan as the voice of reason in a RedSox thread? :eek: LOL!.

Relax people. Both the Tigers and Cardinals limped into the post season last year, and I think they faired fine. I can understand being concerned with the crappy play of late, but the Sox key starter pitchers have been good, and in the playoffs, that's really what matters most.

That is what matters most. I think the wild card team won the World Series the last four years. I'm a Mets fan so I know how you Boston fans feel right now. the Mets and Sox are both about to blow the east. I'd rather be inconsistent now, and hope to get it together for the start of the playoffs. The team that wins is the team that gets hot. Do you really think the Cardinals were a World Series team last year?

I would have to agree with everyone that the Red Sox could very well lose the A.L. East for us. What I am hoping for is that they get on a hot streak that is kick started with Manny coming back. Even if he only gets one hit in his comeback game he might still help, because the players will be happy just to know he is back. Also we are now in a three game series against Tampa Bay who we have had great luck against, and Beckett starts tonight. I believe that Oki and Dice-K just need a couple extra days rest to get their heads right. We will make the playoffs no matter what, and I can see us making it all the way (especially if the Yanks have to play L.A.)

Yeah...but don't you think Manny is still way off his mark this year anyways? I don't see him being a big factor in the playoffs....hope I am wrong.....because they say Big Papi could go on DL any day now....and the rest of our lineup is spotty at best!

Yeah...but don't you think Manny is still way off his mark this year anyways? I don't see him being a big factor in the playoffs....hope I am wrong.....because they say Big Papi could go on DL any day now....and the rest of our lineup is spotty at best!

It wouldn't surprise me if Manny has been hurting all season and that's why his power is down. Same goes for Ortiz.

Even then, look at their numbers...even in this down season, they are producing and hitting well. If you put Manny back in the lineup, there's a domino effect that makes your whole lineup infinitely stronger.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back