PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2018 Season

I wouldn't read much into the lack of "momentum" by the Sox in the last 2 weeks. They've had nothing to play for. The Yankees were chased by the Rays and then the A's until the second last day of the season.

And sometimes that comes back to bite a team in the ass. Complacency isn't good.

I'm just worried about the last two weeks because they had nothing to play for and had some time off as they cruised into the playoffs. It might take them a game or two to get back into the swing of things. They need to come out firing tonight or they could be out of it before you know it. The Yankees are on a role and have the fire power to breeze thru the first series if we are not careful.

I don't care if its a grapefruit league game or the playoffs...losing to the MFY is unacceptable. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO!

Price has no "guts". Another idiot from Tampa Bay with no stones. He needs to go...actually he should have been sent packing after the incident with Eck. loser

He can (again) be very effective out of the pen, to bridge us from starter to the closers...Cora might consider this.

I prefer not to bury the guy...the reason for his postseason struggles is NOT entirely his character or psychological make up. He feels bad enough about the issue anyway.
if it's not entirely his character or psychological makeup. then what is it? it's not a small sample size. he should feel bad. he's awful. he basically wets himself every time he pitches in the playoffs. i cant understand anybody defending him at this point. unless they just feel sorry for the guy. he is stealing 30 mil a year. nobody should feel sorry for him.

Last edited:
if it's not entirely his character or psychological makeup. then what is it? it's not a small sample size. he should feel bad. he's awful. he basically wets himself every time he pitches in the playoffs. i cant understand anybody defending him at this point. unless they just feel sorry for the guy. he is stealing 30 mil a year. nobody should feel sorry for him.
I think he's trying.

I would not be surprised if there is some kind of issue with technique, as a playoff starter.

But he's a proven effective playoff reliever.

I think he's trying.

I would not be surprised if there is some kind of issue with technique, as a playoff starter.

But he's a proven effective playoff reliever.
nobody is saying he isnt trying. hes failing. an issue with his technique that just shows up in the playoffs? cmon man. you cant believe that. the issue is he chokes hard. thats the issue.

Last edited:
Price had a double whammy; pitching in the playoffs and facing the Yankees, who own him. I feel it was a mistake to start him against the Yanks. He still might be effective against other teams but we may never know this. Price may be a good choice for middle relief, but $30M is a lot to pay for that skill set.

Price had a double whammy; pitching in the playoffs and facing the Yankees, who own him. I feel it was a mistake to start him against the Yanks. He still might be effective against other teams but we may never know this. Price may be a good choice for middle relief, but $30M is a lot to pay for that skill set.

Yup, Boston needs to realize you can't just buy great teams...

1 Boston Red Sox $228,398,860
2 San Francisco Giants $205,665,348
3 Los Angeles Dodgers $199,582,045
4 Chicago Cubs $194,259,933
5 Washington Nationals $181,382,609

They should develop their own talent more like the Yankees.

Yup, Boston needs to realize you can't just buy great teams...

1 Boston Red Sox $228,398,860
2 San Francisco Giants $205,665,348
3 Los Angeles Dodgers $199,582,045
4 Chicago Cubs $194,259,933
5 Washington Nationals $181,382,609

They should develop their own talent more like the Yankees.
haha, that's rich. The Yankees have been buying great teams for decades...I will assume you just forgot the smiley face at the end of your post. Not to mention the gift you received from Jeter. We can revisit this post when the Yankees swoop in at the 11th hour of free agency and sign Bryce Harper.:rolleyes:

Start spreading the news...Red Sox are on to Houston!

Price has great numbers against Houston the past several years, and was the only Sox pitcher who pitched well against them in the postseason. It was as a reliever, but he still performed extremely well in high leverage innings against a great team. Houston doesn't have as good of an offense as NYY, and doesn't seem to be in Price's head the same way. Still, the leash should be very short.

Price has great numbers against Houston the past several years, and was the only Sox pitcher who pitched well against them in the postseason. It was as a reliever, but he still performed extremely well in high leverage innings against a great team. Houston doesn't have as good of an offense as NYY, and doesn't seem to be in Price's head the same way. Still, the leash should be very short.
david price is 0 and 10 in the playoffs. :rolleyes:

Wasn't my decision. Go roll your eyes at Cora.

What do you think Cora should do?

Wasn't my decision. Go roll your eyes at Cora.

What do you think Cora should do?
Start Sale games 1, 4 & 7; Porcello games 2 & 5; and Eovaldi games 3 & 6.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back