PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Shirt forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: taking things way too seriously

I just don't understand why this bothers some people so much. I don't have anyone on my ignore list and don't expect to put anyone there any time soon. There's a lot of b.s. posted and many times by one of the usual suspects. Just scroll past it. It's really not that hard.

Maybe we could just ban anyone that wasn't born in New England and rooted for the Pats since childhood/the team's inception or currently live here and have sworn their allegiance. Afterall, if you're rooting for a team outside of your geographic area you must be a bandwagon fan. ;)

old 55 said:
I've been mostly more of a reader than a poster in my many years here. I usually don't post unless I feel there is something I need to comment on.

It's my observation that this forum has gotten a number of frequent posters who think their opinion is the only valid one and that anyone that disagrees should be attacked as stupid, a newbie or both.

It seems that in the past, the attitude was more of:

" I don't think you're right about that, here's the way I see it.."

as opposed to the current attitude of :

"you're obviously an idiot and/or troll who knows nothing about football and the Pats and shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.."

Yes, there are trolls that sometimes come here to flame, but I also see other team supporters come here and are respectful in their posts be treated harshly without any reason other than to be nasty.

My suggestions would be as already stated:

1. Don't respond to anyone you think is a troll or has an idea or opinion you think is stupid.

2. If you can't follow rule #1, at least show some tolerance that there may be another opinion other than your own and that the poster has every right to voice it.

3. Just because you've posted a thread hourly for the last year, that doesn't make you better than someone who just joined or doesn't post when they don't care if NEM doesn't like the Offensive Coordinator or who the best looking cheerleader is, or that Biesel stinks, etc etc..

My 2 cents - I fully expect nasty remarks in response because that seems to be the nature of the board now, so go right ahead.

Outstanding post.

Seymour93 said:
Outstanding post.
I agree...BAN HIM!! :D

Rayclay,

I'm not talking just about the attack on me from a frequent poster over my "cut Caldwell" thread. Yes, this was an example of the intolerance on the board right now, but it just one of many, many threads where this has taken place, only one involved me directly.

I wasn't responding to the part of your thread with the multiple posters that are the same person. However, I would support you in trying to keep people from creating multiple identities just to clog up the board generally be a pain in the butt. I think this is something for Ian and the moderators to monitor and act on. It seems to me that anyone should be able to create a single identity and post whatever they wish to on the board, but I think we have two issues here. My original response was regarding limiting opinions and the general intolerance that has taken over the board IMHO.

I hadn't focused on the multiple identity posters and agree that this is something that should be controlled by Ian and company. I'm not totally computer savvy, but isn't there an IP address that is captured in the process of registering and posting? Couldn't multiple identities be found and limited by IP addresses?

In short - control identities, not opinions.

BTW - I'm happy that I was wrong on the "Cut Caldwell" issue since he is playing better than he gave any indication of in preseason.

Alk said:
I have a better idea. Maybe we should have Ian start an "Elitist" forum. One person can annoint themself the president and they can decide which posters are worthy of being a member of the "Elitist" forum. That way the few who have such a problem with what people type can have a safe haven and all of us common folk can be left to post in peace.

Bravo Alk! This stuff is ridiculous! May as well call it the Elitist-Homer Forum where there is a sub-division called "I've been a fan since 2001."

Alk said:
I agree...BAN HIM!! :D

What's the over/under on how many PM's or emails Ian will recieve over how old 55 is being disrespectful and needs to be put in his place. :D

Seymour93 said:
What's the over/under on how many PM's or emails Ian will recieve over how old 55 is being disrespectful and needs to be put in his place. :D
I'm going to go with 5 because there really isn't that many whiners, they're just really really good at what they do so it appears that there are alot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back