PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Shirt forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I propose new posters have their own forum for the first 20 posts.

Then they automatically get access to the whole forum. Then everyone could read the forum and see posters that are just trying to get a rise out of someone.

I bet it would cut down on trolls and also multiple user name people that only show up after losses, trades.

Someone could still get access much faster than at some other forums and if they're sincere it shouldn't be a bother.:trolls:

I am very disappointed by this post.

I was all ready to leap onto a bandwagon calling for the return of red jerseys. Anyone?

RayClay said:

Then they automatically get access to the whole forum. Then everyone could read the forum and see posters that are just trying to get a rise out of someone.

I bet it would cut down on trolls and also multiple user name people that only show up after losses, trades.

Someone could still get access much faster than at some other forums and if they're sincere it shouldn't be a bother.:trolls:
Would that be like....

Double Secret Probation?

Attachments

• 2005-02-john-vernon.jpg
    2005-02-john-vernon.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 144
It is not that many are new, it's just that some are really stupid.

We were all newbies at one time or another. There are some newbies that have come here that are good posters. There are a few "older" posters that are not.

In fact I have three posters on my "dead to me" ignore list. They are all "older" posters.

This is the internet so you get the good, the bad, the stupid, and the demented. I'm not sure which one I am.:singing:

This is just getting plain silly...oh nevermind, it's actually been silly for about six months now.

I have a better idea. Maybe we should have Ian start an "Elitist" forum. One person can annoint themself the president and they can decide which posters are worthy of being a member of the "Elitist" forum. That way the few who have such a problem with what people type can have a safe haven and all of us common folk can be left to post in peace.

PATSNUTme said:
It is not that many are new, it's just that some are really stupid.

We were all newbies at one time or another. There are some newbies that have come here that are good posters. There are a few "older" posters that are not.

In fact I have three posters on my "dead to me" ignore list. They are all "older" posters.

This is the internet so you get the good, the bad, the stupid, and the demented. I'm not sure which one I am.:singing:

I'd never call anyone that word. But whenever there's a loss or problem, I think there are people who never post again and some that make up multiple user names just to clog up the forum with crap.

I don't like exclusive forums, but I think just having to make 10 posts of any kind would keep the idiots from wasting bandwith and they'd switch to watching videos of people lighting firecrackers in their ears on bigboys.com.

Double Secret probation , if you :D will.

Last edited:
The newbie forum wouldn consist of one giant postcount+1 thread.

I find trolls to be less of an issue than people who can't just ignore them. When a guy has 5 total posts and they're all saying that Brady sucks, you either outright ignore him or have a little fun when its fresh and then ignore him. Its the morons who respond to the trolls the next day that clutter up a community.

RayClay said:

Just make a list of your personally approved topics and preapproved proper responses. Allow me to assist you in getting the ball rolling.

1) Because BB has led the Pats to 3 SBs in 5 years, thou shall not question BB's motives or intentions.
2) Because Tom Brady has won 3 SBs in 5 years, thou shall not utter statements other than "Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever".
3)Because Bob Kraft has financed Gillette, thou shall never question game day prices of Tix, parking and concessions.
4)All media is evil and thou shall scoff and scorn all power rankings that do not place the Patriots #1.
5)Thou shall accept a torn up field because BB is a diabolical genius.

borg said:
Just make a list of your personally approved topics and preapproved proper responses. Allow me to assist you in getting the ball rolling.

1) Because BB has led the Pats to 3 SBs in 5 years, thou shall not question BB's motives or intentions.
2) Because Tom Brady has won 3 SBs in 5 years, thou shall not utter statements other than "Tom Brady is the greatest QB ever".
3)Because Bob Kraft has financed Gillette, thou shall never question game day prices of Tix, parking and concessions.
4)All media is evil and thou shall scoff and scorn all power rankings that do not place the Patriots #1.
5)Thou shall accept a torn up field because BB is a diabolical genius.

That's a really good list of rules.:rocker: Can we get a sticky?

Well maybe I'll just change this to a throw back Jersey thread.:D

Way to go. Count me in for a red jersey,

Alk said:
I have a better idea. Maybe we should have Ian start an "Elitist" forum. One person can annoint themself the president and they can decide which posters are worthy of being a member of the "Elitist" forum. That way the few who have such a problem with what people type can have a safe haven and all of us common folk can be left to post in peace.

exactly what i was thinking.

Alk said:

If thats what it takes, you can call me mr.president.

taking things way too seriously

I've been mostly more of a reader than a poster in my many years here. I usually don't post unless I feel there is something I need to comment on.

It's my observation that this forum has gotten a number of frequent posters who think their opinion is the only valid one and that anyone that disagrees should be attacked as stupid, a newbie or both.

It seems that in the past, the attitude was more of:

" I don't think you're right about that, here's the way I see it.."

as opposed to the current attitude of :

"you're obviously an idiot and/or troll who knows nothing about football and the Pats and shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.."

Yes, there are trolls that sometimes come here to flame, but I also see other team supporters come here and are respectful in their posts be treated harshly without any reason other than to be nasty.

My suggestions would be as already stated:

1. Don't respond to anyone you think is a troll or has an idea or opinion you think is stupid.

2. If you can't follow rule #1, at least show some tolerance that there may be another opinion other than your own and that the poster has every right to voice it.

3. Just because you've posted a thread hourly for the last year, that doesn't make you better than someone who just joined or doesn't post when they don't care if NEM doesn't like the Offensive Coordinator or who the best looking cheerleader is, or that Biesel stinks, etc etc..

My 2 cents - I fully expect nasty remarks in response because that seems to be the nature of the board now, so go right ahead.

I think that when things are going badly for the team, everyone gets a little testy. It's also hard to deny many of these new posters are just here to further aggravate the people here. It's just the nature of MBs.

I use my ignore list as much as I can, but it gets hard when posters who are not on my list quote the ones who are, because it's just hard to avoid. Plus, avoiding one or two threads is easy enough for me. But it's been way more than that lately.

IMO, registration should take a couple days for approval. By then a lot of people who are registering just to annoy have moved on to other things.

RayClay said:
Well maybe I'll just change this to a throw back Jersey thread.:D

do it please !

Re: taking things way too seriously

old 55 said:
1. Don't respond to anyone you think is a troll or has an idea or opinion you think is stupid.

on 95% of the cases personally i act accordingly to yr option # 1 (not only on internet forums but also on the 'real' life)

Last edited:
Re: taking things way too seriously

old 55 said:
I've been mostly more of a reader than a poster in my many years here. I usually don't post unless I feel there is something I need to comment on.

It's my observation that this forum has gotten a number of frequent posters who think their opinion is the only valid one and that anyone that disagrees should be attacked as stupid, a newbie or both.

It seems that in the past, the attitude was more of:

" I don't think you're right about that, here's the way I see it.."

as opposed to the current attitude of :

"you're obviously an idiot and/or troll who knows nothing about football and the Pats and shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.."

Yes, there are trolls that sometimes come here to flame, but I also see other team supporters come here and are respectful in their posts be treated harshly without any reason other than to be nasty.

My suggestions would be as already stated:

2. If you can't follow rule #1, at least show some tolerance that there may be another opinion other than your own and that the poster has every right to voice it.

3. Just because you've posted a thread hourly for the last year, that doesn't make you better than someone who just joined or doesn't post when they don't care if NEM doesn't like the Offensive Coordinator or who the best looking cheerleader is, or that Biesel stinks, etc etc..

My 2 cents - I fully expect nasty remarks in response because that seems to be the nature of the board now, so go right ahead.

One poster got on you. A bunch backed you up, including myself.

If you want to get all sensitive, that's up to you. If you want to put youself in the category of Patsrooter or book of tigger, that's your choice too.

There'a at least 10-15 new posters since sunday and I bet half are the same guy.

Maybe we should bench Brady or trade him.

Maybe we should fire the front office and Belichick too.

I just don't like some idiot being able too open 5 accounts in a couple minutes and post crap all over the board to get a reaction, that's all.

Oh and Kraft just bought the team to make a quick buck, (sorry Tigger).

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
If thats what it takes, you can call me mr.president.
Then start the club and contact Ian. Have a good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back