PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - caldwell was a big part of why the passing game worked so well, along with Watson and Gabriel. Brown and Jackson chipped in too. I don't think Brady needs a 'go-to guy' or favorite receiver. as long as the whole group is playing well and getting open, he'll continue to spread the ball around. Jackson had another 30 yard catch called back on a holding call or he would've been creating even more excitment as well. the whole group is starting to look better and better.

Kdo5 said:
Yah, I feel happy for Caldwell. There have been more than a few people saying he is no better than a #3 at the highest. Brady is comfortable with all of his recievers it seems at this point however you can notice Caldwell in particular is one of the most noticable ones.

I'm going to wait until he has more than 1 TD before I annoint him our #2 WR but I have to say, I never expected last night's level of production from him.

It feels good to be wrong... and I don't want to be proven right.

1 fumble in 7 games could be a whole lot worse too.

Yes, Reche deserves some props. And don't forget that hit he took (in Cincy? I can't remember) but I hope someone has checked his thyroid.

SamBam39 said:
I agree - caldwell was a big part of why the passing game worked so well, along with Watson and Gabriel. Brown and Jackson chipped in too. I don't think Brady needs a 'go-to guy' or favorite receiver. as long as the whole group is playing well and getting open, he'll continue to spread the ball around. Jackson had another 30 yard catch called back on a holding call or he would've been creating even more excitment as well. the whole group is starting to look better and better.
Tommy shouldn't need a "go-to" guy if and when he has a full set of them - he doesn't yet. For Minnesota, he had more options on each play than he has had in previous games. But there are players where he has a higher degree of comfort, and there are guys who are still "new".

Crunch time players in order of comfort:
Troy
Kevin
Ben/Reche
Gabriel
Graham

"New" targets:
Dillon
Jackson
Maroney
Gaffney
Thomas

Gaffney has the best chance to move up the list this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye