PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skri65

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
He's done just about everything we've asked of him. Here's some love to #87.

Last edited:
Are people still down on the guy? He's getting better every game. I think by the end of the season we will see what San Diego wanted to see from him.

So he doesn't suck?:D

friggs said:
Are people still down on the guy? He's getting better every game. I think by the end of the season we will see what San Diego wanted to see from him.

He looks pretty good tonight - very solid.

I've been a Caldwell basher - and he's due a BIG round of applause thus far - as is the entire receiving corps.

THIS is what I mean about stretching the field - top to bottom, between Gabriel, Caldwell and everyone else, we're looking at about 20 yards per reception at this point

He does need to pull his arms in and protect the ball. I guess that's been an issue.

All in all, he looks like a young troy Brown out there.

i hope people like borges and felger apologize who called him a receiver who "simply cant catch the ball" and made comments on how his eyes etc look for no f**g reason...

He will be a fine #3 WR this year.

I've supported him since Day 1. He has certainly had a few struggles, gotten some critisizm. But today he did very very good. The fumble...yeah ok, it was a good play by the defender but every WR did a great job today. Maybe everyone will shut the hell up now about our WR's. IMO, they are BY FAR a better recieving corps than we had last year.

He played very well today. He was even open for a second touchdown on a play Tom Brady threw it away. The fumble was a good play by the defender. He planted his tackle right on the ball which is what he was supposed to do. Caldwell was hit so quickly after catching it he barely had time to secure the ball. He'll only get better.

Caldwell really impressed tonight - a real breakout game. He's been getting more comfortable each week. That TD catch was a great play by him to come back and get the ball.

The fumble was a flukey play, can't fault Caldwell for that, just a good play by the defender and bad luck that he came down on top of a defender.

About Caldwell being the "3rd WR". I dont think so, tonight proved to me that without a doubt our starters at WR are Gabriel and Caldwell with Jackson/Brown and Gaffney as the guys backing them up.

Kdo5 said:
About Caldwell being the "3rd WR". I dont think so, tonight proved to me that without a doubt our starters at WR are Gabriel and Caldwell with Jackson/Brown and Gaffney as the guys backing them up.

I concur.... great game by all of our WR's. I am not going to get crazy and say this is a better WR core than last year, but it is deeper and has gotten better every week. I am a very happy Pats fan tonight!!! (especialy because I hooked up the new Flat Screen HD tv two hours before the game!)

kptmorgan04 said:
I concur.... great game by all of our WR's. I am not going to get crazy and say this is a better WR core than last year, but it is deeper and has gotten better every week. I am a very happy Pats fan tonight!!! (especialy because I hooked up the new Flat Screen HD tv two hours before the game!)

Great to see the connection growing with Tom and the WR's! You could tell that Tom was pissed he missed seeing Caldwell for that easy TD!
I'm also a very happy Pats fan tonight, especially since I lost my comcast cable on Sun and just got it back a couple of hrs before the game! Talk about sweating out the game!!!;)

Caldwell continues to just get it done. Could have done without the fumble, but you have to give credit to the defender who did a helluva job getting the ball out.

Good to see that he had fewer drops than Watson.

Yah, I feel happy for Caldwell. There have been more than a few people saying he is no better than a #3 at the highest. Brady is comfortable with all of his recievers it seems at this point however you can notice Caldwell in particular is one of the most noticable ones.

Reche started out as one of his go-to guys, and the more time they work together the stronger that is growing.

The knock on Caldwell in SD was that he was a fumbler.

Outside of that -- yeah, he was a very nice contributor, and it didn't seem like an aberration.

bump.......

Box_O_Rocks said:
bump.......
bump ... me too.

A lot of folks may have missed some of the first down production that Reche Caldwell had, even at the beginning of the season. Box and Pats1 could probably comment on that better than I.

This is another nice Patriots story. A guy who comes in and provides some solid play. Who knows what his contribution will be as the season goes on, but it will be very interesting to see what develops. Might not be too trivial. One TD and open for another is a pretty valuable contribution. I wonder if success will breed some confidence that will increase his effectiveness - strikes me as a possible factor with him - would be nice to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News