PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-watched last weeks game in slow motion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are my numbers wrong, or was the longest run to the right side of the field 7 yards? If they were specifically targeting Hightower and he was supposedly awful but that's the best they could do, then that side scares me a ton less than the Jones/Jones/Collins side.

Tom himself said he "wished he would of run it" on that play.

If he runs there, it's 50/50 that he makes it, and 100% he gets lit up. He made the right decision. Edelman needed to make that play.

If he runs there, it's 50/50 that he makes it, and 100% he gets lit up. He made the right decision. Edelman needed to make that play.
Tom said it "would have been easier to get the first down" if he ran it.

Tom said it "would have been easier to get the first down" if he ran it.

I've played enough games that I've been in position where making the 'right' play didn't work and I wished I'd made the wrong one. It's part of playing.

Nobody wants Brady taking unnecessary hits, and Edelman should have made that play.

I've played enough games that I've been in position where making the 'right' play didn't work and I wished I'd made the wrong one. It's part of playing.

Nobody wants Brady taking unnecessary hits, and Edelman should have made that play.
I agree with that. I don't want him getting laid out either. He just seemed to be sure he should have ran the ball instead of throwing the pass. Edelman could have caught the ball, too, you are correct.

I noted early on in the game thread that KC saw something with the sweep. It ended up being Jones, Hightower, and Ninkovich (to a lesser extent, though). All three were regularly losing contain and were unable to shed blocks.

I noted early on in the game thread that KC saw something with the sweep. It ended up being Jones, Hightower, and Ninkovich (to a lesser extent, though). All three were regularly losing contain and were unable to shed blocks.

Don't forget Collins. Brady may be better against the run than Collins has been.

Don't forget Collins. Brady may be better against the run than Collins has been.

The Defense should thank Tom Brady. The football world has spent the entire week bashing the QB. The defense has hardly been called on the carpet for their pathetic performance on Monday night.

I hope, for your sake, you did it in Colorado...

Calling BS on this one.. The only game "playing" you've done is in a court room or on your nintendo with TechmoBowl..

So I went back and re-watched every play from last weeks game against KC in slow motion and the three things that really stood out were Hightower and Jones. They both play on opposite ends of the line, obviously with Hightower in the OLB position but both of them failed miserably on nearly every outside run they blew their containment and let the RB get outside. KC was obviously targeting these two especially once it became clear that they could not stop it. Hightower was especially bad unable to shed any block on him he was basically an invisible contain man on his side. Jones problem was mainly his over pursuit losing his containment.

Those two were the biggest focus of mine on defense. On offense I just focused on the line and my god... Nearly every pass one of the offensive linemen would let their primary target blow right by them. On rushing plays we had zero push on the line it looked like they were trying to push over a brick wall

You watched the entire game in slow motion and all you could give us is the same regurgitated crap that's been spewed all over this board for the last four days? :(

think brady's scared to get hit tbh. that was an easy first down if he runs and dives head first.;)
same thing happened against Baltimore in the title game a few years ago. mcdaniels should insert a few plays to capitalize on brady's superior athleticism. spread formation, fool the defense thinking we'll throw and have brady run up the middle for 5-7 yards.:)

how did you do it? i mean watch that crap fest? I applaud you for taking the time to give insight...i couldn't do that.

Yeah man, id rather watch a BB presser than that game again. "Im on to cincinatti".

As least when we watched it the first time we thought we might win. Kudos to you good sir, I'm not re-watching any game I know my team didn't win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes