PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-watched last weeks game in slow motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardiak

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
So I went back and re-watched every play from last weeks game against KC in slow motion and the three things that really stood out were Hightower and Jones. They both play on opposite ends of the line, obviously with Hightower in the OLB position but both of them failed miserably on nearly every outside run they blew their containment and let the RB get outside. KC was obviously targeting these two especially once it became clear that they could not stop it. Hightower was especially bad unable to shed any block on him he was basically an invisible contain man on his side. Jones problem was mainly his over pursuit losing his containment.

Those two were the biggest focus of mine on defense. On offense I just focused on the line and my god... Nearly every pass one of the offensive linemen would let their primary target blow right by them. On rushing plays we had zero push on the line it looked like they were trying to push over a brick wall

Sounds like what we saw in real time, at which pace the game was painfully long already. I don't envy you your study session.

It was better then watching the blow out last night... No commercials, just a slow motion beat down.

Watching that game in slow-motion would be like getting a thousand paper cuts in slow motion.

No thank you.

Those paper cuts would have to be on a VERY sensitive part of the body to match the pain of re-watching that game.

how did you do it? i mean watch that crap fest? I applaud you for taking the time to give insight...i couldn't do that.
Step 3 of the 12 step PatsFans Cleansing Process

Step 1.......Remove broken flat screen and debris from living room
Step 2.......Take vital signs with 911 predialed
Step 3.......Slow motion examination of televised disaster
Step 4.......Retake vital signs and medicate
Step 5.......Vent on PatsFans.com
Step 6.......Google Earth Josh McDaniels' home address
Step 7.......Instruct family/friends that you were with them between the hours of 9:00PM and Midnight
Step 8.......Disable automobile and turnover keys to neighbor
Step 9.......Vent on PatsFans.com
Step 10.....Order new flat screen from Sears Home Delivery
Step 11......Preorder 6' hogie and fixins from local deli
Step 12......Cinncinnati

A glutton for punishment? :rolleyes:. I believe Jones was hurt. Hightower, who knows?.... It looks, mostly, just a lack of urgency and aggressiveness for most players. Like one article I read (sorry cant link from my phone). But on TBs strip sack, Edleman was the only one fighting to get to the ball, while the oline stood there watching with their hands on their hips. Edleman was getting pounced on by a pile of KC linemen. WTF is going on? Defly no leadership. Solder sux the big one, BTW...., SUX!!!

So I went back and re-watched every play from last weeks game against KC in slow motion and the three things that really stood out were Hightower and Jones. They both play on opposite ends of the line, obviously with Hightower in the OLB position but both of them failed miserably on nearly every outside run they blew their containment and let the RB get outside. KC was obviously targeting these two especially once it became clear that they could not stop it. Hightower was especially bad unable to shed any block on him he was basically an invisible contain man on his side. Jones problem was mainly his over pursuit losing his containment.

Those two were the biggest focus of mine on defense. On offense I just focused on the line and my god... Nearly every pass one of the offensive linemen would let their primary target blow right by them. On rushing plays we had zero push on the line it looked like they were trying to push over a brick wall

You are a brave fan.

This has happened to Hightower and Jones before. I hope the coaches can fix this.

As for the offense, the O-line is what it is. Brady is going to have to suck it up, take the Hits, and do the best he can to complete the play. I feel for the running backs. I don't know how they will fix the run blocking. I'm a little surprised by your review. I thought the line was ok in the first half.

After deleting it, I was going to go find it somewhere online to rewatch it, but then I thought to myself - "can't be thinking about the past." #OnToCincinnati

A glutton for punishment? :rolleyes:. I believe Jones was hurt. Hightower, who knows?.... It looks, mostly, just a lack of urgency and aggressiveness for most players. Like one article I read (sorry cant link from my phone). But on TBs strip sack, Edleman was the only one fighting to get to the ball, while the oline stood there watching with their hands on their hips. Edleman was getting pounced on by a pile of KC linemen. WTF is going on? Defly no leadership. Solder sux the big one, BTW...., SUX!!!
I don't know if an injury was Jones biggest problem. I would say that his biggest problem was that he tried to do too much. Instead of holding the outside and forcing the run play to go inside of him and let the LBs/DTs take the tackle he tried to force it inside and then go in for the tackle. The problem is that Charles has really good vision and is fast. So as soon as he saw Jones go inside, Charles bounced to the outside where we didn't have a defender.

Chris Price thinks Brady is hurt and I do as well.

3rd down in KC Brady could have run for a 1st down on a series but passed the ball incomplete instead. Bradys passes aren't zipping in there or way off the mark. Bradys mechanics are off due to some sort of injury if you ask me.

No one can question your devotion to the Pats

Judging by how crap the line is every week and the lack of improvement seen week by week i assume that you did more film study watching that game in slow mo than any of the actual line have all season.

3rd down in KC Brady could have run for a 1st down on a series but passed the ball incomplete instead. Bradys passes aren't zipping in there or way off the mark. Bradys mechanics are off due to some sort of injury if you ask me.

Brady would have been killed if he'd run on that play.

A broken offensive line is the only injury Brady has.

1.) There were 2 KC linebackers right there ready to knock his head off.
2.) The throw was perfect
3.) Agreed his mechanics may be off in general, but that probably has something to do with the 55 pressures allowed this season, which is good for worst in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back