PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

***Ray Rice---The Whole Video*** [Update: Ravens release Rice]

People, don't fool yourselves: Ray Rice's career is not over. Time will pass, the furor will die down, and someone else will do something else to get everyone all riled up. This will become yesterday's news, and some team will sign him and it won't be that big of a deal.

Just look at something else that happened today: The NCAA quietly lifted the sanctions against Penn State. There's no outrage and no one cares because Penn State is yesterday's scandal. Sooner or later, Ray Rice will just be yesterday's scandal, and someone will sign him.

Ray Rice told the league that he hit his future wife knocking her out. Goodell levied punishment, but did not realize the sheet storm he would create over such a lax penalty. So, now the video surfaces showing exactly what Rice told the NFL he did. Goodell/NFL decides to now right a wrong.

Youre are dead on the money about Ray Rice playing in the NFL again. Maybe even this year because by Goodells own new domestic abuse guidelines, the first offense is not a season long suspension.

Rice will back sooner than later.

Pure PR, only because the video will play a lot.

The facts are completely unchanged, only more visible. An NFL player knocked a much smaller woman out in an elevator. How did anyone think that would look? Like she was bobbing and weaving, got in a few jabs, and he won the fight? An NFL player knocked out a much smaller woman in an elevator. That's what it looks like.

Reports say that the NFL saw this and based their two-game suspension on this. His subsequent suspension is not based on new facts emerging through the video, but from the press it will generate. And whether they deny seeing it or not, the facts are unchanged. He knocked her out. Now we get to see him knock her out.

If new video was released of John Wilkes Boothe, is that going to sway people's minds? Yeah, I guess he was a bad guy.

Maybe this video will serve as a lesson to NFL players, and as role models, to other people, that domestic violence is ugly. And this is certainly going to be a black eye for the NFL, more than Ray Rice's fiance, given their earlier decision. Maybe this will do some good.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that the league saw the tape and banked on it not getting out. From there it could have gone go two ways: 1) The tape came out, Goodell lied to save face and lowered the boom. Or 2) Goodell saw the public backlash from his first ruling, implemented the new rules, fueled the chat of the revised drug policy, while leaking the footage to TMZ so that he could capitalize on the opportunity and further suspend/potentially ban Rice as a PR move. The former is far more likely to be true but I wouldn't rule out the latter.

Ravens get zero praise for releasing him now. They could of done it months ago. This video forced their hand.

They only released Ray because they did not want to deal with the controversy during the regular season.

After it became apparent that this was going to be an ongoing issue, I did.

Hit close to home with the small pee pee remark, eh?
Hey at least I am man enough to dump someone who hits me once, not letting it happen time after time after time after time. You actually have my sympathy; a desperate guy like you with no other options has to hold on to whatever he can find, no matter how abusive she is. I am just thankful that, unlike you, I don't have to put up with that sort of thing because I've never had trouble finding the next girlfriend.

I don't have to put up with that sort of thing because I've never had trouble finding the next girlfriend.

Demonstrating once again that low standards works every time.

attaboy

You know, when Ray said that it isn't getting knocked down that makes one a failure it is not getting up i didn't realize he was blaming it on his fiance?

The NFL should lock Ray Rice in a room with Bianca Wilfork and see who comes out first.

I just found out that the Ravens' sbnation site is called "baltimorebeatdown.com"

Demonstrating once again that low standards works every time.
Hey I'm not the guy who lets his girlfriend hit him over and over and over and over and over again before dumping her. That's someone else in this thread, whom I feel very sorry for.

Hey at least I am man enough to dump someone who hits me once, not letting it happen time after time after time after time. You actually have my sympathy; a desperate guy like you with no other options has to hold on to whatever he can find, no matter how abusive she is. I am just thankful that, unlike you, I don't have to put up with that sort of thing because I've never had trouble finding the next girlfriend.

So we've found out why you're so combative all the time. You have a miniscule pee pee. My sympathies.

So we've found out why you're so combative all the time. You have a miniscule pee pee. My sympathies.
Wow. My comment about you staying with a woman who you admit physically attacked you many, many times really irritated you, didn't it?

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back