PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens vs Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Jets' offense played like it played yesterday, I wouldn't count out a Dolphins' win. And don't forget that the Steelers were without their two best players in Harrison and Polumalu. IDK, the Steelers with a depleted o-line and defense dominated the game from the second quarter on for the most part. If Revis is out again, the Dolphins have a good shot. I wouldn't bet money, but this game isn't the lay up that it was a week or two ago.

Also don't forget the Dolphins beat the Jets in the final game of the season last year and Reggie Bush didn't play.

Tannehill will be the big issue going against revis and them i think

Pats simply could not afford to blow games like they did yesterday considering they are playing the first 3 of 4 games of the season on the road. I will watch because I am a fan but the pats have almost no chance to win the game Sunday.

Not to pick on you specifically, but from some of the reactions here you would think the team is 6-7 rather than 1-1. What, the favored team wins every game every week in the NFL? When did that happen? From what I have seen thus far underdogs are beating the favorites almost 50% of the time so far this year. What exactly was it that is now out of reach because they 'could not afford' this loss; does this all but eliminate them from the playoffs? By the way, in case you missed it that mighty Ravens defense just gave up 486 yards yesterday.

Last year this board was full of people that assumed the Pats would lose to the Jets after they lost to the Giants. The Pats haven't even played the Ravens yet and history seems to be repeating itself. Even if Baltimore does win next week, the Pats will at worst be one game behind with thirteen games left to play.

Yeah, let's throw in the towel after a week two loss...

Last edited:
Tannehill will be the big issue going against revis and them i think

Not if the Dolphins can run anywhere close to yesterday. They rushed for 263 yards against the Raiders. If they can get close to 200 yards on the ground, the Dolphins can minimize Tannehill's passing tree and just make him a game manager and throw short safe passes. The Jets let CJ Spiller run all over them. So Reggie Bush and Lamar Miller might have similar success.

And we do not even know if Revis will be cleared to play next Sunday.

But, I don't want to highjack this thread anymore with Jets/Dolphins talk.

Last edited:
we have a whole jets sucks thread..we should move it over there :D

but reading the ravens forums..they don't seem that confident some are..but others not really...nothing like last year

Last edited:
This will be the toughest game of the regular season (the other good opponents, Den, SF, Hou are at NE). Will be interesting to see how the team adapts away from a 2 TE attack.

No doubt the defense will focus on stopping Ray Rice. Can't sleep on Torrey Smith or he will burn the secondary deep.

Scared of Ngata and what he will do to the interior of the line.

It will be a good test to see how tough the team is. Luckily it's only September and gives the team a lot of time to improve on its weaknesses.

Last year this board was full of people that assumed the Pats would lose to the Jets after they lost to the Giants. The Pats haven't even played the Ravens yet and history seems to be repeating itself. Even if Baltimore does win next week, the Pats will at worst be one game behind with thirteen games left to play.

Yeah, let's throw in the towel after a week two loss...

I can't possibly agree with you more. Last year I started a thread around that time pleading others to look at things more realistically. Being out a game after 3 isn't the end of the world.

There is something to be said however, about 2 losses in the first 3 games, along with a losing 1-2 record for a team who many had picked to return to the SB (if it unfortunately happens that way).

The likely worry is the potential negative impact that would have so early on in the season. The bigger worry is the ineffectiveness of the offense since TC/preseason, particularly now after the injury to #81.

Either way, we'll be hanging in there the whole way through (or most of us will anyway), and hopefully can get the ship righted on the road next Sunday night.

Biggest concern is the oline. They were bad yesterday and with the ravens on the road this might be a very tough matchup. Gronk may have to be kept in blocking more which could limit him as well.

Biggest concern is the oline. They were bad yesterday and with the ravens on the road this might be a very tough matchup. Gronk may have to be kept in blocking more which could limit him as well.

I'm not sure how much this is an option anymore now with the loss of #81.

If anyone is going to stay in to block, I think it'd be the other TE with the long name, due to what seems to be a lack of passing weapons already.

Taking away Gronkowski from the passing options would likely bury us at the current moment, at least IMO.

Last edited:

why we are lucky suggs is out

I'm not sure how much this is an option anymore now with the loss of #81.

If anyone is going to stay in to block, I think it'd be the other TE with the long name, due to what seems to be a lack of passing weapons already.

Taking away Gronkowski from the passing options would likely bury us at the current moment, at least IMO.

#47 couldn't even block a CB yesterday. Seriously he and the FB are wasting roster spots

don't forget as well..these refs will make bad calls out there sunday night..just hopefully it isn't on us since they are home...

if the refs favor the pats next week, i truly fear for the refs lives.

monday night game is atrocious. no control at all.

#47 couldn't even block a CB yesterday. Seriously he and the FB are wasting roster spots

The mgmt of the roster has certainly been somewhat controversial lately, I'll give you that.

What's going on with Fells?

if the refs favor the pats next week, i truly fear for the refs lives.

monday night game is atrocious. no control at all.

they usually favor the home team in big games...obviously not yesterday for the pats but in prime time i mean

One more week with the Who-Man and the New England Patriots can cut him loose.

http://images.nflplayers.com/mediaResources/files/2011CBA.pdf

Page 161, Section 5. Active List

Section 5. Payment: Unless agreed upon otherwise between the Club and the player, each player will be paid at the rate of 100% of his salary in equal weekly or bi-weekly installments over the course of the regular season commencing with the first regular season game. Nothing in this Article invalidates or otherwise affects any deferred compensation arrangement or any other method of payment that may have been entered into between a Club and a player or which after the execution of this Agreement may be negotiated between a Club and the player or his agent.​

What is the significance of "one more week"? Why couldn't they cut him right now if that was their decision?

Last edited:
What is the significance of "one more week"? Why couldn't they cut him right now if that was their decision?
You need to refer to page 161 of the document and not the PDF page number.

Article 33 Practice Squads

Page 161, Section 5. Active List

Last edited:
If I am correct,the last regular season prime time game when New England went to Baltimore was in the 2007 season when the team was totally beaten but pulled out a miraculous win by our savior that game named Rex Ryan who happened to call a time out as Brady was about to miss a 4th down?

THAT game was REALLY the game NE was outplayed in,in that undefeated regular season,but they lucked out.

They'll need more luck this Sunday night........and Ryan is in NY :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference