PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens vs Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of "one more week"? Why couldn't they cut him right now if that was their decision?
Nevermind.

I originally thought the Who-man was signed by the New England Patriots directly from the St Louis Rams practice squad but he actually was waived.

St. Louis Rams | Transactions

If I am correct,the last regular season prime time game when New England went to Baltimore was in the 2007 season when the team was totally beaten but pulled out a miraculous win by our savior that game named Rex Ryan who happened to call a time out as Brady was about to miss a 4th down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qk0bIHZsSo

this was the 09 game IIRC

I was at that game...another crazy one to be at

Last edited:
They'll need more luck this Sunday night........and Ryan is in NY :)
I doubt former New England Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees will give the New England Patriots offense any breaks.

I doubt former New England Patriots defensive coordinator Dean Pees will give the New England Patriots offense any breaks.

a lot of people over at the ravens forum don't like pees

a lot of people over at the ravens forum don't like pees

I would call this weeks game a 90% chance of a loss if Ryan was still DC in Baltimore.....with Pees the team has a shot,albeit a slim one IMO.

Like him or hate him,Rex Ryan set the tone for that defense and Pees was lucky enough to pick up the pieces and play with them despite being a mediocre DC in NE

I would call this weeks game a 90% chance of a loss if Ryan was still DC in Baltimore.....with Pees the team has a shot,albeit a slim one IMO.

Like him or hate him,Rex Ryan set the tone for that defense and Pees was lucky enough to pick up the pieces and play with them despite being a mediocre DC in NE

the more and more i think about it..the more i think they can go in there and win..but by no more than a TD.

-Need turnovers
-Limit Rice if possible
-if the Oline can get it together for this one game..we will have a shot
-Get our run game going and if they bring the blitz..short passes to TEs kill them. Which is why hernandez being out will hurt

the more and more i think about it..the more i think they can go in there and win..but by no more than a TD.

-Need turnovers
-Limit Rice if possible
-Get our run game going and if they bring the blitz..short passes to TEs kill them. Which is why hernandez being out will hurt

They absolutely MUST create turnovers because if there are none,I simply don't see the Pats having a chance to outscore the Ravens and win the game.

Rice has done well against the Pats in the past but I think Spikes is the perfect guy to slow him down to under 80 yards.

The OL CANNOT have Thomas AND Cannon on the right side together for more than a few plays at best......you might as well tell Brady to lay down and save from getting hurt and give up......Cannon and Thomas are emergency low low depth lineman on most NFL teams.

The X Factor in this game will be Woodhead who I think will get some work and may be the guy the Ravens overlook.....expect Woodhead to have a decent night while Ridley should get some yards but I don't see 100 with Ray Lewis and co. Ready to pounce.

Connolly will have to start at right guard and McDonald will have to be the backup for the New England Patriots offensive line to have a chance.

Connolly will have to start at right guard and McDonald will have to be the backup for the New England Patriots offensive line to have a chance.

I don't see Connolly back this weekend,at least full time.

Teams are very careful about concussions anymore and sometimes wait weeks before they throw them back in the line of fire......especially with your head bent and exposed in an OLs stance

Donald Thomas is not the answer.

Waters IS the answer but the team has decided to pinch the pennies and not bring him back.

All we can do is accept it while at the same time saying 'WTF is wrong with you Bill,don't you care about the health of the franchise QB who is no longer young and the production of the offense?'

I know Kraft is not cheap but sometimes saving these precious cap dollars really pisses me off and certainly the OL can derail what is supposed to be a good season.

Last edited:
Waters IS the answer but the team has decided to pinch the pennies and not bring him back.

All we can do is accept it while at the same time saying 'WTF is wrong with you Bill,don't you care about the health of the franchise QB who is no longer young and the production of the offense?'

I know Kraft is not cheap but sometimes saving these precious cap dollars really pisses me off and certainly the OL can derail what is supposed to be a good season.

but they paid ocho 6 mill to do nothing!

but they paid ocho 6 mill to do nothing!

And they let Law,Seymour and Samuel go ...... I guess they view these guys differently than we see them and adjust the cap to it.....sometimes they hit and they miss too but there was no doubt the Waters situation,if indeed it was about money,will be the biggest F.O. screwup in the past decade since Matt Light called it quits early,they had time to retain almost all of a solid OL of 2011 but went with Raw green talent at the right side protecting the most important cog on the team also knowing Vollmer is a repeating back injury waiting to happen

And that is not smart.

I wonder if those who deride the Patriots for bad contracts laud them for team friendly contracts?

As usual...i'm gonna love watching Reed and Ray in this game.

Ray looks like he can play into his 50s - 19 tackles 1 sack 1 FF in 2 games

Ed Reed - 2 games 2 picks 1 pick six what else is new.

Both are goats at the position imo.

isn't the team like around $8M under the cap? wouldnt you think waters would have taken 2-3M? penny wise pound foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back