PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens vs Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Eagles could have scored 30+ points yesterday on that Raven's D without turnovers. Just something to think about...

need to limit or win the To battle

As per 105.7 THE FAN in Baltimore, Pollard is IFFY for Sunday's game with his rib contusion

need to limit or win the To battle

Pats won the TO battle yesterday and lost. They lost the TO battle in last year's AFCCG 3-1 and still won the game.

In general, I agree with your sentiment. But they don't *need* to do anything in particular besides score more points than the Ravens.

If we come out and execute on offense like we did yesterday, we are going to get crushed. The defense has played well through two games, but this is going to be the biggest test yet. Control the line of scrimmage and shrink Rice's interior running lanes and the front seven should be able to do enough on the defensive side of the ball to help the offense win it... should they be able to sustain a drive and not choke in the red zone.

And please, Bill, for the love of God bring back Branch or Gaffney or both.

Why?

BB might bring in a WR to play while AH is gone, but I don't feel the desperation. OTOH, He might just activate Fells.

What is this "CRUSHED" business?:rolleyes:

The Ravens have never beaten the Pats in the regular season home or away in their entire existence. The have only one victory in the Playoffs three years ago, when they were a much better club, and the Pats were much weaker than now.

You might even say we own them...:eek:

Why?

BB might bring in a WR to play while AH is gone, but I don't feel the desperation. OTOH, He might just activate Fells.

The Ravens have never beaten the Pats in the regular season home or away in their entire existence. The have only one victory in the Playoffs three years ago, when they were a much better club, and the Pats were much weaker than now.

Just like we owned the bills until last year? or we owned the steelers until last year or year before ( i forget )?

Streaks are made to be broken..just like yesterdays

Why?

And I believe Baltimore has won like 20 of thier last 21 home games......streaks go both ways.

And I believe Baltimore has won like 20 of thier last 21 home games......streaks go both ways.

this. they almost never lose at home in the past 4-5 years. going to be VERY tough to win there. People underestimate how well they play at home

Last edited:

And Brady had won 32 straight home games. Now he's lost 2 in his last 6. Streaks do not affect the game. If they did, Brady would have beaten the Giants last season and the Cards yesterday.

Looking forward to this game but dreading it at the same time. After that terrible outing vs the Cardinals, we can't afford to lose to the Ravens. Baltimore arguably have one of the most balanced teams this year, possess home advantage and you have to account for the fact that Flacco could have another good game like he did vs Pats in the playoff game last year. Offence needs to step up big time, there's no reason why they should be performing so badly (for their ability) when the O-Line has performed better than they did in pre-season, Ridley has shone and you have weapons like Gronk, Wes, Lloyd and Hernandez (albeit injured) available.

this. they almost never lose at home in the past 4-5 years. going to be VERY tough to win there. People underestimate how well they play at home

Yup. Not including the playoffs the Ravens are are 20-1 over the past few seasons. Pats may not lose two games in a row all that often but the ravens are next to impossible to beat at home. Pats simply could not afford to blow games like they did yesterday considering they are playing the first 3 of 4 games of the season on the road. I will watch because I am a fan but the pats have almost no chance to win the game Sunday.

Last edited:
I don't see them beating Ravens in Baltimore next week.....Ravens D looks tough and they are tough to beat at home although we have done it there. I think unfortuneatly we will be 1-2 after next weekend. They really need to bring Branch back now that Hernandez is out....There is still some major problems on OL and if they can't tighten that up....Brady is going to get killed. Our D needs to get pressure on Flacco...rattle his a##.....But since the only real pressure is coming from Jones.....going to be a long day for the D....Love, Cunningham have shown great rush at times.....but only at times not bringing a consistent rush.

Last time ravens lost back to back IIRC was in 09. So they play well after a loss just like the pats..should be interesting. Wish is was at gillete however

Looking forward to this game but dreading it at the same time. After that terrible outing vs the Cardinals, we can't afford to lose to the Ravens. Baltimore arguably have one of the most balanced teams this year, possess home advantage and you have to account for the fact that Flacco could have another good game like he did vs Pats in the playoff game last year. Offence needs to step up big time, there's no reason why they should be performing so badly (for their ability) when the O-Line has performed better than they did in pre-season, Ridley has shone and you have weapons like Gronk, Wes, Lloyd and Hernandez (albeit injured) available.

Week 3,but this is a game that most certainly will have bearing on the loser having to climb uphill during the second half to catch the other for the top seed.

I think it's safe to say that Houston and Baltimore will win at least 12 games,NE should as well if they improve this offense soon.

Go to 1-2 and things get a little scary ...... This game this week has huge ramifications 3 months later unless something happens that derails one of the three top teams.

Yup. Not including the playoffs the Ravens are are 20-1 over the past few seasons. Pats may not lose two games in a row all that often but the ravens are next to impossible to beat at home. Pats simply could not afford to blow games like they did yesterday considering they are playing the first 3 of 4 games of the season on the road. I will watch because I am a fan but the pats have almost no chance to win the game Sunday.

I agree,I almost think that the only way the Pats win in Baltimore is by turnovers and multiple ones at that......toe to toe,the Ravens have the better team AND HFA,not to mention revenge for last years debacle which we experienced on the other side of the scoreboard yesterday.

Also I see a new and improved Flacco so far,they lost to Philly but he still played a solid game.

The Pats are a young team and growing pains are a part of it,1-2 won't end the season but with each loss it makes each game more and more important and vital.

I said before the season that I thought the Ravens' defense would take a step back. They looked lights out on opening night against the Bengals (might have been fired up to honor the passing of Art Modell), but they were not all that yesterday. They gave up 486 yards of offense and Vick passed for 371. The Eagles had a good third down efficiency (7 for 15 or 46.7%). And the Eagles had the ball 34;21 minutes. The Eagles did turn the ball over four times though.

I don't know if the Ravens' defense is significantly better than the one we faced yesterday or in fact whether they are better at all. The loss of Suggs is huge. If they don't have Pollard, that is big too.

It is going to be a tough battle and it is a game the Pats could very well lose, but I don't know if the Ravens are as ferocious as their reputation and how they will be hyped this week.

Go to 1-2 and things get a little scary ...... This game this week has huge ramifications 3 months later unless something happens that derails one of the three top teams.

What is going to be hilarious is when the jets beat MIA next week they will be 2-1...if pats lose they will be behind them 1 game..this board will be unreadable. I may have to read their boards for LOLs if that scenario plays out :D

What is going to be hilarious is when the jets beat MIA next week they will be 2-1...if pats lose they will be behind them 1 game..this board will be unreadable. I may have to read their boards for LOLs if that scenario plays out :D

I think the Jets boards will be funnier if they lose to the Dolphins.

I think the Jets boards will be funnier if they lose to the Dolphins.

Oh it will..but i don't see them losing that game. Jets 2-1 and pats 1-2?

Thread titles:

Pats suck this year
This is our year
NE LOST!!11!!!

But you are right..they lose to MIA..that board will explode.

After week 10..the ravens have a tough schedule...

Week 11: @ Steelers
Week 12: @ Chargers
Week 13: vs. Steelers
Week 14: @ Redskins
Week 15: vs. Broncos
Week 16: vs. Giants
Week 17: @ Bengals

They also play cowboys and texans. So even if we do lose..they have plenty of opportunities there to blow some games if pats come on strong at end. Houston on other hand....they are good

Pats vs Ravens thread over at their forum: http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/48546-week-3-patriots-ravens/page__st__80

This thread is also interesting: http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/topic/48576-how-would-you-attack-our-defense/

Seems they don't seem as ****y as they were in the AFC champ game even with us struggling.

Last edited:
Oh it will..but i don't see them losing that game. Jets 2-1 and pats 1-2?

Thread titles:

Pats suck this year
This is our year
NE LOST!!11!!!

But you are right..they lose to MIA..that board will explode.

If the Jets' offense played like it played yesterday, I wouldn't count out a Dolphins' win. And don't forget that the Steelers were without their two best players in Harrison and Polumalu. IDK, the Steelers with a depleted o-line and defense dominated the game from the second quarter on for the most part. If Revis is out again, the Dolphins have a good shot. I wouldn't bet money, but this game isn't the lay up that it was a week or two ago.

Also don't forget the Dolphins beat the Jets in the final game of the season last year and Reggie Bush didn't play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back