PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens vs Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I've been here a long time, first post. I really enjoy the board and finally decided to sign up.

My gut is telling me the Pats will lose this game, but I know better than go with a gut when it comes to football. Two good teams with their backs against the wall, should be fun to watch. I hope the Pats are competitive and I'm glad that the Hernandez injury happened sooner rather than later. (although I wish not at all!) At least they will be able to game plan a bit for this game without him.

The one thing I think is the wild card in this game will be the refs. I think all bets are off this year with these guys because anything can happen. With these two teams and so much emotion boiling over from last year I think we have a powder keg. I just hope there is no bull*****. I hope they can maintain order and nobody gets hurt over something stupid.

I look forward to late Sunday night rewinding my dvd multiple times to watch a quiet M&T empty out with time to go in the forth.

Lets hope Welker catches 67 balls so the media can stop beating a dead horse.

My gut is telling me the Pats will lose this game, but I know better than go with a gut when it comes to football.

I had a good gut feeling about last year's SB. So obviously gut feelings don't always apply to football.

I had a good gut feeling about last year's SB. So obviously gut feelings don't always apply to football.

agreed. Had those in in 85 and 07 too.

Fine to have them, just don't trust them!

Hey, I've been here a long time, first post. I really enjoy the board and finally decided to sign up.

My gut is telling me the Pats will lose this game, but I know better than go with a gut when it comes to football. Two good teams with their backs against the wall, should be fun to watch. I hope the Pats are competitive and I'm glad that the Hernandez injury happened sooner rather than later. (although I wish not at all!) At least they will be able to game plan a bit for this game without him.

The one thing I think is the wild card in this game will be the refs. I think all bets are off this year with these guys because anything can happen. With these two teams and so much emotion boiling over from last year I think we have a powder keg. I just hope there is no bull*****. I hope they can maintain order and nobody gets hurt over something stupid.

I look forward to late Sunday night rewinding my dvd multiple times to watch a quiet M&T empty out with time to go in the forth.

Lets hope Welker catches 67 balls so the media can stop beating a dead horse.

you COULD be my long lost twin brother....:eat2:

Waters IS the answer but the team has decided to pinch the pennies and not bring him back.

All we can do is accept it while at the same time saying 'WTF is wrong with you Bill,don't you care about the health of the franchise QB who is no longer young and the production of the offense?'

I know Kraft is not cheap but sometimes saving these precious cap dollars really pisses me off and certainly the OL can derail what is supposed to be a good season.

So when the guy doesnt want to play, that is because the team that offered him more money is cheap?

agreed. Had those in in 85 and 07 too.

Fine to have them, just don't trust them!

I wasn't a fan yet, but in 85?? There's no way I would've had any good feeling about facing that Bears defense??

Oh, and no good feeling in 96?? :cool:

tumblr_ly8bkbJXo91qci7aeo1_500.gif

I wasn't a fan yet, but in 85?? There's no way I would've had any good feeling about facing that Bears defense??

Oh, and no good feeling in 96?? :cool:

well I was mad young in 85 so yeah. After they beat Miami I thought they could beat anyone.

I had a bad feeling in 96. Can't explain why, just did.

For the past several summers I've gone to Baltimore to watch a RS/Orioles series and had lots of chances to interact with Ravens' fans. Theirs is an interesting dynamic when it comes to the Patriots. They're relatively gracious on the outside, but after conversing with them for awhile several things come through loud and clear: 1) they feel the officials have screwed them more often than not going back to Gaffney's "juggling" TD which was the winner in the '07 game; 2) they present as believing that the Ravens have always been better than the Pats, but something unrelated to talent and performance always victimizes the Ravens; 3) lots of them display a passive sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the Pats;they claim superiority so often and so steadfastly that they come off collectively as sort of the bully who inside doubts himself. Anyway, just my very amateur analysis of them based only upon my own experinces with them. That said, I see this as a difficult game for us to win largely because of the national stage, the youthfulness of our defense, o line inconsistency and their home field advantage. I'd feel better if this game were being played later in the season.

I'll never bet against the pats......

I doubt they will look like the same team as against the cardinals

I think we are going to see something out of the offense we haven't seen this year (like welker in the first half)

For the past several summers I've gone to Baltimore to watch a RS/Orioles series and had lots of chances to interact with Ravens' fans. Theirs is an interesting dynamic when it comes to the Patriots. They're relatively gracious on the outside, but after conversing with them for awhile several things come through loud and clear: 1) they feel the officials have screwed them more often than not going back to Gaffney's "juggling" TD which was the winner in the '07 game; 2) they present as believing that the Ravens have always been better than the Pats, but something unrelated to talent and performance always victimizes the Ravens; 3) lots of them display a passive sort of inferiority complex when it comes to the Pats;they claim superiority so often and so steadfastly that they come off collectively as sort of the bully who inside doubts himself. Anyway, just my very amateur analysis of them based only upon my own experinces with them. That said, I see this as a difficult game for us to win largely because of the national stage, the youthfulness of our defense, o line inconsistency and their home field advantage. I'd feel better if this game were being played later in the season.

Anything for them to explain away the fact that mediocre QB play has derailed one of the best defenses of this generation from winning three SB's. I'd be rocking myself back and forth to sleep every night as well.

..in it for the long haul. You know it. I know it. They know it.

Home field advantage and playoff seeding is at stake. Anyway, I still remember Deion Branch 1st TD as a Patriots after his stint at SEA. It was an OT game against Ravens, Branch came up big on that game and ummm Ghost made the game winning FG...deja vu? lol

I never thought they would lose the giants @home last yr after losing to pitt . So yes gut feelings dont apply. History says pats will be hard to pick as a winner in this game which is why they will win but dont think those apply anymore.

I'll never bet against the pats......

I doubt they will look like the same team as against the cardinals

I think we are going to see something out of the offense we haven't seen this year (like welker in the first half)

We may win or we may lose, but we'll definitely be going down with Welker seeing a bunch of targets this week, especially with the absence of Hernandez.

We may win or we may lose, but we'll definitely be going down with Welker seeing a bunch of targets this week, especially with the absence of Hernandez.

Games like this make me wish we had a younger Kevin Faulk catching screens against teams like this.

Games like this make me wish we had a younger Kevin Faulk catching screens against teams like this.

Yep. Maybe we actually get a Shane Vereen sighting this week?

I think good blocking and quick screens would do wonders to get the offense going a bit, and also allow Brady to get rid of the ball quickly.

Obviously it's also a good weapon against a penetrating defense too.

Yep. Maybe we actually get a Shane Vereen sighting this week?

I think good blocking and quick screens would do wonders to get the offense going a bit, and also allow Brady to get rid of the ball quickly.

Obviously it's also a good weapon against a penetrating defense too.

I may be of the minority,but I see Woodhead playing something in the role of receiving several screen passes in the game.

Woody may be the X Factor and a guy that Pees is probably not preparing too much for.

Last edited:
I may be of the minority,but I see Woodhead playing something in the role of receiving several screen passes in the game.

Woody may be the X Factor and a guy that Pees is probably not preparing too much for.

Anyone would do if it's blocked/executed properly.

Sounds good to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore