Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ras IR Dowling signs with.... the Jets

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by CelticPatriot, Oct 23, 2013.

  1. CelticPatriot

    CelticPatriot Rookie

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2011
    Messages:
    648
    Likes Received:
    9
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0

    The Jets

    The Sudfeld thing worked so well, so they thought they'd try it again
  2. KontradictioN

    KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2006
    Messages:
    27,411
    Likes Received:
    619
    Ratings:
    +1,781 / 30 / -48

    No Jersey Selected

    Word is Sudfeld handed him the pen to sign the contract but dropped it. When Dowling went to pick it up, he broke his wrist.
  3. BelichickFan

    BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    31,624
    Likes Received:
    214
    Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

    #24 Jersey

    To the Practice Squad.

    A little surprised we didn't sign him to ours as he has PS eligibility left.
  4. ctpatsfan77

    ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2005
    Messages:
    20,837
    Likes Received:
    229
    Ratings:
    +616 / 11 / -6

    Either (A) the Pats gave up on him, (B) he just didn't want to, or (C) he just wasn't healthy enough to be worth it.
  5. oldskool138

    oldskool138 Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2,718
    Likes Received:
    2
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

    #75 Jersey

    I'm guessing it's a combination of (A) and (C).
  6. Brady6

    Brady6 Practice Squad Player

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,674
    Likes Received:
    533
    Ratings:
    +1,472 / 120 / -208

    #12 Jersey

    Re: Re: Ras IR Dowling signs with....

    Humor aside I actually think it is a solid move by the Jets. Dowling was the 33rd overall pick just 3 drafts ago, giving a practice squad spot could result in a significant reward on their investment if he can get his career on track.
  7. 102 Pat

    102 Pat Rookie

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2008
    Messages:
    2,918
    Likes Received:
    18
    Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -2

    #85 Jersey

    I think Jerry Thorton summed it up perfectly:

    Jerry Thornton ‏@jerrythornton1 25m
    NYJ sign Ras-I Dowling to practice squad. He's scheduled to land on IR by the weekend
  8. resdubwhite

    resdubwhite Rookie

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2009
    Messages:
    3,194
    Likes Received:
    30
    Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0

    No Jersey Selected

    I have a terrible feeling he gets healthy and becomes a stud.

    Oh its Ras-I. Not very likely to happen now is it.
  9. patsinthesnow

    patsinthesnow PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2008
    Messages:
    8,741
    Likes Received:
    333
    Ratings:
    +602 / 14 / -5

    #87 Jersey

    Ability not in question? This kid had one good game his rookie year, looked awful on the field in 2012, and looked bad in 2013 training camp.

    BB didn't just cut him because he was made of glass. He was never a good football player after his first glass moment.
  10. borg

    borg On the Roster

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2004
    Messages:
    4,044
    Likes Received:
    106
    Ratings:
    +257 / 18 / -17

    You follow Jerry Thorton on Twitter???
  11. parthasas

    parthasas Patriots Nation PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1,564
    Likes Received:
    4
    Ratings:
    +14 / 1 / -0

    #12 Jersey

    news on the street is that sudfeld is the one who gave the insights into the FG unit push to jets. if that is true, it has already worked our for the jets. take it for what its worth though ...
  12. BradyFTW!

    BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2007
    Messages:
    17,140
    Likes Received:
    235
    Ratings:
    +788 / 12 / -5

    #12 Jersey

    Could be a decent pickup for them. Granted, there's about a 5% chance of that and a 95% chance that he's injured before he ever plays in a game, but it's not like they have a done of depth at the bottom of the roster that it would cost them greatly to lose.
  13. Brady_to_Moss

    Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2007
    Messages:
    17,910
    Likes Received:
    270
    Ratings:
    +692 / 6 / -2

    #95 Jersey

    they signed a piece of glass...good for them
  14. Brady6

    Brady6 Practice Squad Player

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2013
    Messages:
    10,674
    Likes Received:
    533
    Ratings:
    +1,472 / 120 / -208

    #12 Jersey

    Ras IR Dowling signs with....

    I tend to agree, it appeared that Dowling had lateral movement limitations resulting from the hip injury his rookie season. In my opinion if he has any NFL future he'd have to make a transition to safety and given he is as fragile as a chandelier he might not have the physicality needed to play there. Overall his talent level does make him an intriguing practice squad signing for the Jets. I will be interested to see how this pans out.
  15. Rob0729

    Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2006
    Messages:
    30,584
    Likes Received:
    463
    Ratings:
    +1,331 / 13 / -5

    I thought the Jets drafted theuir version of Ras-I Dowling with the 9th pick in the draft.
  16. Krugman

    Krugman Rookie

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2004
    Messages:
    1,046
    Likes Received:
    1
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

    Nailed it Kontradiction!
  17. Sticky Caulk

    Sticky Caulk PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Jan 21, 2013
    Messages:
    540
    Likes Received:
    67
    Ratings:
    +134 / 1 / -0

    #63 Jersey

    I thought it quite obvious that Sudfeld new nothing about how the Patriots play by watching him play for the Patriots.
  18. Patriot Missile

    Patriot Missile Rookie

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2005
    Messages:
    5,508
    Likes Received:
    59
    Ratings:
    +177 / 4 / -2

    #75 Jersey

    Tired of waiting for players to get healthy one season to the next. Did that with Shawn Crable and it worked out splendid for this team.

    No mas.
  19. bunuel

    bunuel Rookie

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2011
    Messages:
    50
    Likes Received:
    0
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

    It's a practice squad signing. Chances are they're just looking for another body to run on the scout team. He'll be released in a month.
  20. ausbacker

    ausbacker Brady > Manning. PatsFans.com Supporter

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2008
    Messages:
    13,498
    Likes Received:
    185
    Ratings:
    +533 / 11 / -5

    #51 Jersey

    I had high hopes for Dowling with the Patriots. Now, I cannot wish him well for the life of me.

Share This Page

unset ($sidebar_block_show); ?>