PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Falcons request permission to speak to Mcdaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading other teams Message boards Mcdaniels is not a guy the fans want.
They want Gase, Quinn,Ryan,Shanahan, Bowles, Teryl Austin but most fans would be upset about Mcdaniels.
Also it looks like the Falcons have asked to interviews half a dozen coaches already.
MAybe we get to keep him.

Reading other teams Message boards Mcdaniels is not a guy the fans want.
They want Gase, Quinn,Ryan,Shanahan, Bowles, Teryl Austin but most fans would be upset about Mcdaniels.
Also it looks like the Falcons have asked to interviews half a dozen coaches already.
MAybe we get to keep him.
Fans are dumb and don't know anything so don't take their opposition as counting for anything. I had heard a lot about pep Hamilton a few weeks ago but that swan dive the colts offense has taken might have lowered his stock with fans.

Josh should interview everywhere he's invited to get a feel for the market.

He should stay away from the SF job given Harbaugh's success and Colin Kaepernick's lack of quality decision making. He should look seriously at Atlanta or Oakland. Both have a genuine pro quarterback and some weapons. The Bears should hire a defense first HC. The Jets? Let somebody else try to clean up that mess, and what good can come from competing against his mentor in the division?

If he goes, he should hire a top flight defensive coordinator and make sure he has a true partner in the GM. Good luck to him. I'd rather he'd stay with the Patriots.

if he is going to take a HC job the falcons are the best fit with that QB and WR's and Rex Ryan is the best fit for the 49ers to get that defense back to were it was

if he is going to take a HC job the falcons are the best fit with that QB and WR's and Rex Ryan is the best fit for the 49ers to get that defense back to were it was
Rex would efficiently run SF and that ageing garbage heap into a full blown tire fire within two years. He is just the kind of guy to pull Aldon Smith's head out of his ass, not help inflate it to the point of no return. Old lbs, old line, corpse rb, garbage gimmick qb with an ego problem who hasn't developed at all, the list goes on. Seriously, cab anyone say with a straight face that rex would be good for the niners? Lol. Oakland, maybe.

At least he would fit in in that cesspool. A throw back to the punk Davis days. Young talent on defense. Young talented quarterback to destroy. Incompetent ownership incapable of stability may entertain stability for stability's sake if that blubbering buffoon can hit the play offs in the next two years before the inevitable implosion to follow.

Hell Chicago works too. "Most talented offense I've ever seen," with a dip **** lackadaisical QB that cab screw that up for everyone. Everything but an oline, which he had proven not to be able to fix/develop in NY.

Then there is the tradition if strong defenses...with almost zero pieces. Rexy would cream his drawers. He could spend every pick the next two years on defense. Ignore the offensive line and asshat QB, ignore the ageing high mileage back. Spend a first on a ST's safety...lol. maybe he could trade a second and Cutler for Johnny (dahhh, FOOTBALL. Bro, he's like a frick-burp-en GAWD on the fiel-pukes down shirt) Cutler Jr. All the arrogance and more headache, with a tenth of the NFL talent. That's a Rex Ryan leader. Imagine the parties Rex' wife could to at Johnny's house. Pollack anyone?

Attachments

• Rex Ryan.jpg
    Rex Ryan.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 11
Reading other teams Message boards Mcdaniels is not a guy the fans want. They want Gase, Quinn,Ryan,Shanahan, Bowles, Teryl Austin but most fans would be upset about Mcdaniels. Also it looks like the Falcons have asked to interviews half a dozen coaches already. MAybe we get to keep him.

With that talent pool, not sure McDaniels is "sexy" enough for this group. If he does not go this year, it is only a matter of time before some team picks him up.. His Denver legacy is still a millstone..

I suspect that McDaniels will continue his tenure here for at least one more year..

Have heard that Arthur Blank wants a tougher team, and Rex might be a good fit there.. where there is a ready made offense.

Maybe Rex and Rob can be reunited and it would feel so good!!!!!

@JasonLaCanfora: Pats OC Josh McDaniels, who has passed on some HC possibilities in recent yrs, agreed to interview w/ATL and SF this week in New England

It blows my mind that there can be Patriots fans who hope he leaves. He's a top OC and whoever replaces him would be far worse. He's 17x the coordinator that BOB was.

McDaniels the personnel evaluator, however, put me squarely in the "not a fan" camp.

It blows my mind that there can be Patriots fans who hope he leaves. He's a top OC and whoever replaces him would be far worse. He's 17x the coordinator that BOB was.

McDaniels the personnel evaluator, however, put me squarely in the "not a fan" camp.
I wouldnt say he's 17x better than BOB, at least he knew how to utilize the 2 the set better. Unless they've been saving it for the playoffs....

Not a surprise doesnt mean he will leave though.
He interviewed for the Cleveland job even he would be crazy not to see if they will make him a kings offer.

They are also interviewing Rex Ryan, Tom Cable, Dan Quinn, Todd Bowles, the Detroit defensive coordinator, Adam Gase, Frank Reich, Kyle Shanahan, I have a feeling with that list they would be less inclined to hand Josh the keys to fully run the franchise.
I could see a agreement made with the promise of a kind of prove it deal for more power after a second contract. Again this would prove if Josh is ready to stick for the long haul. Maybe he uses these interviews to bump up his security with the Patriots nothing wrong with that.
If he leaves I wish him all the best if we seemed under prepared on offense because of a interview I will feel a certain kind of way.

Not that I think any of the jobs are great this year, but the Falcons' job has to be the best of the bunch. They have a franchise QB, an elite WR, and tons of cap space. They are in position that a strong free agency and draft and they could be the leading contenders for the AFC South and in a year or two a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

The rest of the jobs are not nearly as good. The 49ers window is way too short with many of their current stars and Kaepernick is not the QB I would want to build around. The Jets, Bears, and Raiders are a mess. In fact, I think the Raiders may be in the best position of the three if Carr can develop. That is how bad the other two jobs are.

Not concerned ... he's not getting hired for either job .

Next man up if he lives ... not concerned at all.
He's an above average OC ... but not great.
without Gronk and Edleman on the field he had no magic.
This is a case of the players enhancing the coach IMO.

I don't know, taking over SF in 2011 he'd have nowhere to go but up. Things are much different there now.

IMHO, if the Atlanta thing doesn't pan out I'd hang in Foxboro for another year. Something better than any non Atlanta situation could open up next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe