PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rap @ Herald: Good news for Ron Brace, looks like just a sprained ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday i focused on Brace for a series, i didn't pay attention to anything else. He seemed to be the last one to react to the snap of the ball on every play. I don't mean for this to be taken as a knock on him, ii was just an observation. Obviously if what i saw is true he makes up for his slow reaction time. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Yeh, I saw him doing this during the NO game as well, he very noticably waited to react. The discussion at the time theorized that he had been coached to do this, at least during the preseason, rather than displaying slow reaction time.

Also, I'm glad that Brace just has a sprain. Maybe at this point he could be paired with Mike Wright; Wright on passing downs and Brace on running plays, protecting Wright from wearing down. Then, if Warren plus Prior can replace Ty, we could approximate or even better the performance of the line last year. Between Green and Ty we have to replace 1100 man-plays...

Speaking of Brace's physical condition, he is one guy who simply does not look like he did as a rookie He has 2 of the biggest guns I've seen since "Too Strong" Boyd who alas was a bust but this kid really pumped himself up off season. Arnol would be proud. Why the Pats reporters didn't notice him and trumpet this. I'll never know.

I think the muscle was always there and was just being masked by massive amounts of fat. He really trimmed down in the offseason. He actually looks like he's lost some weight even since mini-camps.

Anyway, he looked leagues ahead of Gerard Warren and even did something Warren wasn't able to do against the ones in the first two preseason games, which is draw double teams. Considering what we presently have at DE, I wouldn't mind holding him out of the last preseason game and suiting him up in the opener.

Yeh, I saw him doing this during the NO game as well, he very noticably waited to react. The discussion at the time theorized that he had been coached to do this, at least during the preseason, rather than displaying slow reaction time.

Also, I'm glad that Brace just has a sprain. Maybe at this point he could be paired with Mike Wright; Wright on passing downs and Brace on running plays, protecting Wright from wearing down. Then, if Warren plus Prior can replace Ty, we could approximate or even better the performance of the line last year. Between Green and Ty we have to replace 1100 man-plays...

If Brace's play was not a fluke, the team will be better off playing Brace "full time" and having Warren sub with Wright. Warren can't hold the point against the run.

As someone who did not bash Brace it now amazes me that one pre-season game against a pitiful opponent and now he's proven to be worthy of the 2nd round. Way premature.

"Hopefully what we saw the other night was a sign of things to come."

Precisely my feelings as a fan.

As someone who was down on Brace from the moment he was drafted, I'm actually optimistic. He looks in good shape (phenomenal compared to last year) and he looks to be playing with intensity and focus. Whether or not that translates into regular season production, I have no idea. But getting to the point where he is being considered for a role besides Wilfork injury insurance is a great sign.

Grade 1 Sprain: Slight stretching and some damage to the fibers (fibrils) of the ligament.

Grade 2 Sprain: Partial tearing of the ligament. If the ankle joint is examined and moved in certain ways, abnormal looseness (laxity) of the ankle joint occurs.

Grade 3 Sprain: Complete tear of the ligament. If the examiner pulls or pushes on the ankle joint in certain movements, gross instability occurs

Foot and Ankle Conditions and Treatments: Ankle Sprain

heh...yeah, I KNOW the levels...just wondering if it's a Grade 1 sprain or not...no one will say

heh...yeah, I KNOW the levels...just wondering if it's a Grade 1 sprain or not...no one will say

Oopsie Joker, I thought it said "what a grade 1, 2, or 3 sprain is" :eek: Oh well, it's useful for others in case they didn't know :D

You would have a better chance of finding the lost city of El Dorado than finding out what grade it is :D

Last edited:
yeah...I was just hoping somebody where the MRI was done would open his yap...guess we'll find out next game

yeah...I was just hoping somebody where the MRI was done would open his yap...guess we'll find out next game

It would have to come from a close member of his family or one of his friends...someone employed there would be fired on the spot for revealing sensative patient information like that. As much as we would like to know, best not to have it come at the expense of someone's job.

As someone who did not bash Brace it now amazes me that one pre-season game against a pitiful opponent and now he's proven to be worthy of the 2nd round. Way premature.

"Hopefully what we saw the other night was a sign of things to come."

Precisely my feelings as a fan.

usually such an assessment would be wrong...unless of course 95% of the remaining players did worse agains this same similar pitiful opponent

then his production might actually mean something

If Brace's play was not a fluke, the team will be better off playing Brace "full time" and having Warren sub with Wright. Warren can't hold the point against the run.

I'm not so sure. Warren has 30# on Wright so that's why I thought about Wright/Brace. I'm not convinced that Wright can stop the run over a season either. I'm also not convinced Brace can play full time. Maybe Prior can sub in for run stopping too?

Welcome to the rotating DL I guess.

I'm not so sure. Warren has 30# on Wright so that's why I thought about Wright/Brace. I'm not convinced that Wright can stop the run over a season either. I'm also not convinced Brace can play full time. Maybe Prior can sub in for run stopping too?

Welcome to the rotating DL I guess.

Brace won't be in there "full time", about the only way I see them putting him in there full time is if there is yet another injury...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News