Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by zippo59, Mar 11, 2007.
Or at least how they will finish next year.
I'll give my prediction later.
pats - barring injury, it's a pretty safe bet.
jets - assuming they keep on the path they've been on.
phins - porter was a nice pickup but they're reetooling and it's pretty major. Gonna take a while before it takes.
bills - hapless. Losman blows.
My prediction as of right now is differnt than how it will eventually be. It's impossible to do so right now simply because the Dolphins couldn't even field a starting roster we've been so depleted with garbarge cap eating underachieving bums. So I'm going to make my prediction based off of what I think will happen in the months to come.
1. Patriots- Finally had a big FA period and have upgraded at several positions
2. Dolphins- Arguably the best defense in the NFL and the best pass rush in football. If Culpepper is healthy and gets time to pass, the offense will be a lot better. The Fins also have 9 picks in the 2007 draft.
3. Jets- Last year's cinderella story came against a very weak schedule. Pennington struggles to get it down the field and the offense is too dink and dunk to compete against the very good AFCE defenses.
4. Bills- Lost Clements, Fletcher and McGahee. Losman to Evans is starting to develope, but no one else on offense scares me and they lost their 2 best defenders.
EDIT: As much as hate the other 3 teams in the East, it's great that the division is back to supremecy. I believe it has become the best division in football once again.
3 Jetsters fall back where they belong
Two best defenders? I would consider Aaron Schobel one of their top two defenders.
Good point. But losing Clements and Fletcher is still insurmountable.
1st place: (In alphabetical order) Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots.
Last place: (In alphabetical order) Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Patriots.
Intermediate rankings will be determined once we've seen more of the moves the four teams will make as the 9 day old season progresses.
Yeah, that defense is going to be nasty, but...
PFFFFHAHAHAHAHA! Are you joking me? The East is most likely the weakest division in the AFC.
Anyway, my list depends strongly on whether Culpepper regains his psyche (because that was the problem, not so much his knee) or not. If not, they fall from second to third.
1. Pats- Nobody else rules this division.
2. Jets- a shoe in since I don't think Culpepper will come back and Buffalo is obviously going to suck. They probably won't make the wild card though since Pennington's arm is pretty much dead from the shoulder down and they have a tougher schedule.
3. Dolphins- Like I said, the defense will be nasty, but I see their offense being non-existant.
4. Bills- Losman blows, McGahee is gone, Evans is the only good receiver, and they've lost a lot more than they've gained on defense. Not to mention Dick Jauron is their head coach. I can't really imagine that team ever being good again.
Really though, it's too early to tell. We still have the draft coming up and it's loaded with talent. Any one of these teams can improve and suprise people next year. But nobody is taking the division away from us.
PS: You asked, OK???.........pfffffffft!!!!!
1. Pats (12-4 and Reloaded.. tough schedule could be a concern depending on how it shapes out.
2. Dolphins (Their defense is too good to stay at the basement of the division again, and can their offense really be any worse than it was last season? Culpepper has to play someday, right?)
3. Jets (Feel good story last season but I think this season ends up a lot like it did for the 2002 Pats, expectations high but the talent isn't there to make another run, should be back in 08.)
4. Bills (Did more bad than good this offseason and are missing key components on both sides of the ball)
Thats how I see it shaping up, good chance the Fins take one of the wildcards.
The AFC East was the best division in the NFL last season. Check out the Sagarin ratings on USA Today.
Pats-Tough schedule. Bady should handle blitz happy nfc east but host SD, @Bal, @Ind, @Cin looks bad now. 5-1 vs Div, 2-2 vs AFC Division Winners, 3-1 vs NFC East.
Bills-Easier schedule than Jets and same coaching staff as last season. their OL is improved, this draft is good for defense and they need LB, DT and CB. Since everyone else is counting them out. 9-7(6-2 @home)
Jets-Will be better but @Cin and @Bal will drop them to 7-9 or 8-8. They will struggle like last years NYG, Jac, Cin teams did. Bubble out.
Phins-Third coaching staff in four years. Cameron is no Mangini, maybe next year. But if 9 draft picks is correct they could surprise. 6-10
Thank you for giving me a second opinion on that fact. I think it will be the best again in 2007.
Separate names with a comma.