PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank the Teams in the AFC East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats
Jets
Fins
Bills

but Carter, Bowens and Zagonia are gone.

Carter is being replaced by Roth who has done nothing but impress everyone in Miami and gives us fresher legs on the edge. Zgonina was bad, no loss there. I will admit that despite being a backup, Bowens did a lot of good things for Miami. So our biggest loss on defense was a backup DE, I'll take those losses.

Pats - holes being filled, weaknesses strengthened

Jets - quietly building good team

Fins - Cameron undertaking the rebuilding exercise that Saban should have done; foundations are firm, but they don't move up this list until the QB situation is resolved.

Bills - Going backwards quickly. Difficult to understand what's going on up there.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Fins

Pats, Jests, Fins and Jills. Elementary my dear Watson.

Pats
Jets
Bills
Fins

I'll elaborate on my picks.

The Patriots are the best team in the division to begin with and they just made some moves to help in big areas of need, and they still have two first round draft picks.

The Jets wereput on the right track by Mangini and unless Pennington gets gurt again (not out of the realm of possibility) he is a solid QB and a game manager. Their running game is better with Jones, their young guys on the offensive line will have more time to mature, and Mangini has another draft to bring in the kind of players that fit the 3-4 defense.

The Bills have some big defensive players, but they still have some good young guys like Whitner, Schobel, Kelsay, and Simpson. They have improved their offense line and they have somethng Miami doesn't--a QB.

The Dolphins defense is always tough, but Taylor and Thomas are getting older and they still have no definite answer at QB. Miami is proved that even with a good defense they aren't going anywhere with out a capable quarterback, and at this point it is a big question as to whether they will have one.

1. Pats
2. Jesters
3. Miami
4. Bills

Miami could flip with NYJ. I'll update as the season progresses. ;)

My prediction as of right now is differnt than how it will eventually be. It's impossible to do so right now simply because the Dolphins couldn't even field a starting roster we've been so depleted with garbarge cap eating underachieving bums. So I'm going to make my prediction based off of what I think will happen in the months to come.

1. Patriots- Finally had a big FA period and have upgraded at several positions

2. Dolphins- Arguably the best defense in the NFL and the best pass rush in football. If Culpepper is healthy and gets time to pass, the offense will be a lot better. The Fins also have 9 picks in the 2007 draft.

3. Jets- Last year's cinderella story came against a very weak schedule. Pennington struggles to get it down the field and the offense is too dink and dunk to compete against the very good AFCE defenses.

4. Bills- Lost Clements, Fletcher and McGahee. Losman to Evans is starting to develope, but no one else on offense scares me and they lost their 2 best defenders.

EDIT: As much as hate the other 3 teams in the East, it's great that the division is back to supremecy. I believe it has become the best division in football once again.
the last thing you should be doing is making predictions .its obvious with your track record your not very good at it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Pats
Jets
Phins
Bills

1) Pats - it's all about the defense and RB. If we can shore up the ILB in a meaningful way and don't have to rely soley on Bruschi (read- get a playmaker next to Vrabel), and Maroney proves he's tough enough to lug the nut all day - well, we'll be a no. 1 or 2 seed for the playoffs. Those are two pretty big ifs, I'll admit. Thus we need to draft an ILB and RB who can both play now. A wild man SS in the draft would seal the deal for the Pats to be a top flight team.

2) Jets - Jones was a key addition and will be a thorn in our sides all season I'm afraid. Tougher schedule will expose some holes but Mangina has these guys believing in him already, if he keeps their minds right this year they will only get better. If Pennington stays on the field they are in the playoffs.

3) Miami- Last hurrah for aging D keeps them from sliding into abyss. But an offense that scored only 26 TD's last season and was fourth worst in overall points will only struggle more without McMicheal, Welker, Morris, and a sure thing QB.

4) Bills - Losman started to play better at the end of the season, and the whole team responded. So what do they do? Lose Clements and Fletcher, two anchors on D; trade Losman's security blanket in McGahee, are trying to trade Spikes, and overpay for some so-so O-linemen. As it stands right now, the Bills could be the worst team in the league next season.

Last edited:
2. Dolphins- Arguably the best defense in the NFL and the best pass rush in football. If Culpepper is healthy and gets time to pass, the offense will be a lot better. The Fins also have 9 picks in the 2007 draft.

Hilarious. Not as funny as your moronic post before this season about how the Dolphins will run away with the division, but funny nonetheless.

You're going to be shell shocked when you see how bad Joey Porter sucks. His old team, and another team run by his old DC didn't want him. Congrats on that one.

Edit

Pats
Dolphins
Jets
Bills

But it won't be close at all.

Last edited:
I'll go:

Pats
Bills
Jets
Fins

I think that the Bills are rebuilding their team "right"...while the Fins are just duct taping and supergluing, trying to hang on... and I don't believe that Mangini can make lightning strike twice.... which, to me, means that the Bills will continue to build up their team to second.... we'll still take the division by Week 12/13, but the Bills will try to make a run at a wild card.

[I'm going to make my prediction based off of what I think will happen in the months to come.

2. Dolphins- Arguably the best defense in the NFL

ROTFLMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too funny dude - keep 'em coming !!!!!!!!

21 - 0

ROTFLMFFAO!!!!!!!

21 - 0

ROTFLMFFAO!!!!!!!

Yeah. Either than that, what have you done in the past 34 years? Pretty much nothing. Not to mention, you had to gain an advantage by learning Tom's cadence to win. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Yeah, that defense is going to be nasty, but...

PFFFFHAHAHAHAHA! Are you joking me? The East is most likely the weakest division in the AFC. .

That simply is not correct. Statistically the AFC EAST was the best division in the NFL last year and looks only to improve.

21 - 0

ROTFLMFFAO!!!!!!!

You're pretty easily entertained. I don't know if I'd be ROTFL-ing just because a 6-10 team split the season series against a team that was a few minutes away from their fourth Superbowl in six years.

Apparently I could be a world-class standup comedian if the audience was stocked with Dolphins fans.

hey no matter how funny we thought aqua was last year...there is still a chance they can make the playoffs with a 10-6

imo - these are the opponents in 2007 for the afc east

espn.com:
"AFC East

Buffalo
Home: Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Denver, Dallas, N.Y. Giants
Away: Miami, New England, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Washington

Miami
Home: Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Oakland, Dallas, N.Y. Giants
Away: Buffalo, New England, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Houston, Philadelphia, Washington

New England
Home: Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Philadelphia, Washington
Away: Buffalo, Miami, N.Y. Jets, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Dallas, N.Y. Giants

N.Y. Jets
Home: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Washington
Away: Buffalo, Miami, New England, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Tennessee, Dallas, N.Y. Giants"

i think the final standings will turn out

Pats - can finish with a record 12-4 to even 14-2(given the jets and dolphins split one game, according the michael smith- espn - he believes the pats are the #1 team going into the draft and maybe into the season, i'd say the last year's carolina panthers )

phins - can finish: 9-7 or even 10-6 (their d is aging, but they're still one of the top defensive units in the league, a good draft filling the needs of DB and Dline/Oline, they only have room to improve with the signing of porter, just the thought of Taylor Porter Thomas and Crowder on a 3-4 setup is scary enough..on the offensive side, if they actually utilize Chambers, then they'll be hot, remember, they mostly lost backups, morris and welker, and one inconsistent mcmichael, not to mention they have the easiest schedule in the AFC east, sounds like the jets last year, imo here- phins have a winning record/chance at the playoffs b/c of their schedule)

bills - can finish 6-10 (the loss of clements/fletcherbaker or bakerfletcher will be too overwhelming but, the bills have a very young promising defense, again, a good draft, and fit that huge hole in HB(talks about dillon?), then theres a good chance the bills can finish .500 or better, there will be more scrutiny on losman, if they dont fill the need at hb...

jets - can finish 5-11 (everyone will finally see the frauds that are the jets...the addition of jones is a huge boost, but the opponents are too tough for the jets to handle to even think playoffs again...at least for the 07 season...cheers for kellen clemens will be higher than ever, jets will only be looking forward to rebuilding and getting a good position in the 08 draft...)

This makes me nervous. (Just saw the prior post so sorry for any repetition)
If forced, I'd say:
That the Pats have improved dramatically and then put them "1"
That the Jets were a one year wonder with a (relatively) light schedule and a surprisingly good year from Pennington and are still "2", but this is a well-coached team that's built to last. The only big question mark is Pennington. If he has a, more typical, bad or injury-plagued season, they drop to 3.
That the Dolphins will have an off year after the coaching upheaval and are "3"
That the Bills are terminally messed up and will be "4".

But it won't be easy for anyone.

Next year, everybody plays six division games as usual.

We all get the Ravens, Bengals, Cowboys, Giants, Browns, Steelers, Eagles and Redskins. We get the Ravens, Benglas, Cowboys and Giants on the road, as do the Jets. The Fins and Bills get them at home. Vice versa for the Browns, Steelers, Eagles and Redskins: we and the Jets get them at home, the Dolphins and Bills get them on the road.

So, tough base schedule for everyone, but we and the jets have to play the Bengals and the Ravens Away.

The two "extra" games are:
Bills: Broncos and Jaguars
Dolphins: Raiders and Texans
Pats: Chargers and Colts
Jets: Chiefs and Titans
We definitely have the short end of that stick.

So, even with our revamped O, I don't know where these predictions of a 15 or 16 win season come from. We should win the division, but it's going to be a battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes