PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss signs with 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, this is a risky move for the 49ers. They have a good coach and a solid locker room. If Randy doesn't get his catches than things could go down hill in San Fran. I also think his best days are behind him.

So can we get Josh Morgan then?

IMO, this is a risky move for the 49ers. They have a good coach and a solid locker room. If Randy doesn't get his catches than things could go down hill in San Fran. I also think his best days are behind him.

It's a one year deal. They can cut him at any time.

one less thread a week for this forum-

the "time to sign Randy" thread, which appeared like clockwork along with the "Ocho is gonna break out this week" thread

The lunatic fringe will have to temporarily pacify themselves by endlessly starting "Should we trade for Tebow" threads.

Jerry Rice! Oh wait, it's Moss. Does this also mean the 49ers are shopping for a QB?

I wanted Randy Moss back here. :( But I already knew it was a pipe dream. He really screwed up in 2010. Oh well, best of luck to him. And now I can turn the page.

Jerry Rice! Oh wait, it's Moss. Does this also mean the 49ers are shopping for a QB?

It could have implications on how much they see themselves as contenders in the Manning sweepstakes. Or, maybe Manning would be just fine playing with Randy, although I somehow doubt it.

So can we get Josh Morgan then?

Exactly what I was thinking.

By some media accts, they were very interested in retaining Morgan before the start of FA tomorrow.

I'd think he'd have the potential to be a nice fit here. More importantly, it'd be the type of FA signing that would make sense, and one that we'd all expect. A low-to-mid range WR who has the potential to beat his man, and contribute outside the #'s.

Then again, it's still about the rapport/chemistry with Brady, so he could just as easily fail too. At least the team wouldn't be on the hook for as much if it didn't work out. Personally, I don't know enough about him, other than the fans of SF seem to like his upside.

Last edited:
He will be pouting and sulking after about the 10th time Alex Smith over/underthrows him, which will likely be around game 2 of the preseason.

lol by who?

Well our secondary didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2010 and Moss had 1 catch for 8 Yards in his Minnesota visit to NE :rolleyes:

Ooooh,I am scared of what he might to to us this year and being 2 years older :cool:

Last edited:

They will just cut him. In fact, while I expect he should make it out of camp, I do not expect him to make it the season as a 49er.

Well our secondary didn't exactly light the world on fire in 2010 and Moss had 1 catch for 8 Yards in his Minnesota visit to NE :rolleyes:

That's because he was double-covered on every play for the entire game.

So the 49ers have replaced Braylon Edwards with Randy Moss?

This is good news for one big reason....Mike Wallace and Vinny Jackson is probably out of the 49ers plans in FA

there's a reason nobody else signed him...4.2 vs 4.5 is a big difference.......

This is good news for one big reason....Mike Wallace and Vinny Jackson is probably out of the 49ers plans in FA

I don't think it makes one bit of difference to this team, coach, or front office--but only time will tell if I am wrong or not.

I don't know how our coach could justify spending a first rounder + upwards of 10 million per for an offense that was historically one of the NFL's best last year, can you?

Sure, they need an upgrade for basically one player--WR2; but at THAT cost?

My guess is that they couldn't care less about Mike Wallace or V.Jackson; and that Wallace will remain a Steeler, and Jackson will go a team in the NFC.

Good for him, and good for the niners. Wideout is easily the most glaring weakness on that team. Crabtree has been a bust so far and they don't have much else.

That Saints' workout, among other things, points towards Moss still very much having the skills and speed to force defenses to gameplan for him, which could open up all kinds of the underneath stuff their O relies on. The only real question in my mind is if Moss can still take even moderately hard hits anymore.

Always liked Moss after he came to the Pats. It was a privilege to watch him become an unselfish player even while still possessing unworldly talent. Hope he makes a big comeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft